Boogie traded to Giants

Rc2catch

Just now, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

defense has been garbage when it’s mattered the most unfortunately. Garbage in all three of our playoff exits, the last three seasons.

and now we’re playing with fire relying on so many older players at key positions.

Beane has completely failed at defensive line with so many assets invested in draft capital and yet he still had to go out and bring in Von Miller because none of those picks hit.

So that's Beane's fault Frazier was playing cover 4 in a snow game? 

It's Beane's fault that Frazier's Defense couldn't stop the Chiefs for 13 seconds? 

Are you telling me the talent wasn't there to win those games? 

• Dislike 2

3 minutes ago, TheWeatherMan said:

To be fair, that draft class kinda sucked.  Only player of note drafted after boogie was Creed Humphrey, which I remember most of the MB wanting.  

And to be fair, we not only had a long term question at Center, but glaring needs on the OL, but another mid-evaluation lead to drafting another DE, who was already going to be nothing more than a back-up with that roster.  

2 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

2019 you missed Knox at 96.  

If you go beyond those rounds too you'll see players like Taron Johnson, Siran Neal, Gabe Davis, Tyler Bass, Dane Jackson, Hamlin, Benford, and Shakir.  

TY. I will edit. I forgot Knox. 

I know about the other players. But drafting those guys don't absolve redrafting RB 3 times in 4 years because you keep missing. Or only re-signing 2 players from the top of your first 3 drafts. 

56 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Last year the Jets drafted two All Pros in Round 1 and the Bills drafted a 4th string corner.  Allen is saving Beane's job right now.

Now you’re just looking for a fight, not that this is a shock. Where are the 1st round picks for the Jets the past 20 years?

1 minute ago, DCofNC said:

And to be fair, we not only had a long term question at Center, but glaring needs on the OL, but another mid-evaluation lead to drafting another DE, who was already going to be nothing more than a back-up with that roster.  

I could be wrong but don’t recall C being a long term question in 2021.  

1 minute ago, Mango said:

I know about the other players. But drafting those guys don't absolve redrafting RB 3 times in 4 years because you keep missing. Or only re-signing 2 players from the top of your first 3 drafts. 

Re-signing Ed Oliver is not a resume builder. 😉

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Running backs are so cheap anyway... why even use draft capital? If there's a priority UDFA guy you can just draft them in the 7th too.  

• Like (+1) 1

They're late round picks providing some quality depth.  TJ is a good nickel back in a primary nickel league.  Davis is a WR2, and will be paid as one next season.  Benford jackson and hamlin played a ton of snaps last year and our defense finished 6th in yards and 2nd in points per game. 

But i'm sure none of them could start anywhere...

TJ is solid, he’s an average starter.  Davis is a JAG, he’s a #3 (at best), getting #2 volume due to the offense I’ve scheme, you could plug in virtually anyone in his slot and get the same production.  He’s got one of the highest drop percentages in the league and improved his YPG ~15 yards after moving up to the default #2.  Benford Jackson and Hamlin all only got on the field due to injuries and another whiff on the 1st round pick.  Keep trying though.  

I’m fine that he’s got decent depth players, that’s great, now go find one impact player outside of Allen. 

Just now, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

The Bills just gave Basham away for nothing and now only have an old Von Miller and Greg Rousseau under contract for 2025.

There are 2 more drafts and free agency rounds before then, so i wouldn't consider it a major concern.  But I'm not loving what we've seen from some of our drafted DE's, and its one of the more overpriced FA positions.  

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well they have two years to figure out what there going to do at this position.  

I meant 2024

Just now, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

There are 2 more drafts and free agency rounds before then, so i wouldn't consider it a major concern.  But I'm not loving what we've seen from some of our drafted DE's, and its one of the more overpriced FA positions.  

I meant 2024

Running backs are so cheap anyway... why even use draft capital? If there's a priority UDFA guy you can just draft them in the 7th too.  

Don’t forget keeping the trash we had at RB, to cut Blackshear who went on to perform just as well in the regular season as he did here in preseason, only to ditch the trash after the fact and need a replacement.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.