Van Demark, a "Model" Fit for the Bills OL?

BuffaloBillyG

By all accounts he was a toolsy guy coming out ... Who needed to increase his play strength and refine his technique

But he has the height length athleticism that team's covet

He could have been a 7th round pick

He's still a few years away from being the type of player he can be but it's promising

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

By all accounts he was a toolsy guy coming out ... Who needed to increase his play strength and refine his technique

But he has the height length athleticism that team's covet

He could have been a 7th round pick

He's still a few years away from being the type of player he can be but it's promising

Freeney said that it takes about 7 seasons for a LT to develop. 

6 hours ago, BillsDad51 said:

Buffalo News Mark Gaughan says Arizona has surplus of OT's. Josh Jones, a 2020 3rd rounder and Kelvin Beachum, an 11-year starter. Basham trade?

Maybe you should posted the rest of what he said too:

Every team in the league with depth concerns at tackle probably has called the Cardinals, so don’t get your hopes up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

we can only hope this guy works out since we can't expect the team to draft O Line high-(i know we just took a G in the 2nd round which proves the point we should be drafting them high because he looks to be crushing it) 

We can't waste those high picks to keep our franchise QB upright  when we need a 5th DE who can't find the QB, a 4th CB who doesn't fit our system but we are 'desperate', another undersized MLB/Special Teamer or a small, slow, non shifty RB-got to keep stockpiling them

So, you hated the Dalton Kincaid pick?

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Dan said:

We simply cannot allow any positive

news about this team.  Each little nugget of positivity or fun, must be drowned in a sea of negative criticism and despair.  

A lot of folks need to go enjoy some fresh air and step away from the team. 

He is a stud, can't miss talent.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, gjv said:

From what I've observed he not bad at LT, but a disaster waiting to happen at RT.

Quessenberry is a disaster waiting to happen. Van Demark looked like someone taking a final exam after the orientation. He'll be ok once coached up.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

He is a lock for the 53 now that Shell and Doyle are out of the picture. And he was playing before Doyle as it is, so maybe he was a lock before then as well.

Definitely a lock.  Being the primary backup to Dawkins in the first pre-season game said a lot and he did nothing to warrant moving him out of that spot after 2 pre-season games.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Maybe you should posted the rest of what he said too:

Every team in the league with depth concerns at tackle probably has called the Cardinals, so don’t get your hopes up.

I just dealt with the facts as related by Gaughan. The part you cited was his opinion, which, as know, are plentiful on this board.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

we can only hope this guy works out since we can't expect the team to draft O Line high-(i know we just took a G in the 2nd round which proves the point we should be drafting them high because he looks to be crushing it) 

We can't waste those high picks to keep our franchise QB upright  when we need a 5th DE who can't find the QB, a 4th CB who doesn't fit our system but we are 'desperate', another undersized MLB/Special Teamer or a small, slow, non shifty RB-got to keep stockpiling them

I can't argue with you or your frustration.  The Dline high picks that don't play and rotate bother me the most.  Groot was a good pick, the rest including Oliver I don't care for.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.