Nuggets of Infor From Bills Practice 8/22

BuffaloBillyG

Dorian Down? Rut ro..

And now from Captain Positivity:

Uh...more information would be nice. Like minute by minute update on the knee...

Also, Diggs is so unhappy he was slapping teammates today. Things are out of control with him...

And if this doesn't solve the issue McDermott has threatened that those committing presnap penalties will lose dessert for a week.

• Haha (+1) 13
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dorian Down? Rut ro..

Uh...more information would be nice. Like minute by minute update on the knee...

Also, Diggs is so unhappy he was slapping teammates today. Things are out of control with him...

And if this doesn't solve the issue McDermott has threatened that those committing presnap penalties will lose dessert for a week.

"Those who are offside do not get fruit cup."  (Who knows the reference???)

Edited by jkeerie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

43 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dorian Down? Rut ro..

AWESOME!! I doubt Dion would want to lose dessert 😎

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 7

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Dorian Down? Rut ro..

Serious question here. What are the different ways *NFL* HCs handle things like undisciplined penalties from players?

-Can't fine them, don't know that'd be a good option even if you could

-There's running laps. Pretty universal, but many would think that's soft. (Runs small risk of belittling players, i.e. Urban Meyer)

-Can obviously reduce playing time especially RBs WRs, but what about OL? Hard to bench (and a bit nuclear this early) a DDawk for a series, cutting of nose to spite face.

-Position coach/Hc can call them out during film

I know each situation calls for different options, but am I missing anything? How do players get held accountable? Anybody a little more in the know have some nuance to add?

At this point I'm just as curious from an overall league perspective, not just Buffalo

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serious question here. What are the different ways *NFL* HCs handle things like undisciplined penalties from players?

-There's running laps. Pretty universal, but many would think that's soft. (Runs small risk of belittling players, i.e. Urban Meyer)

-Can obviously reduce playing time especially RBs WRs, but what about OL? Hard to bench (and a bit nuclear this early) a DDawk for a series, cutting of nose to spite face.

I know each situation calls for different options, but am I missing anything? How do players get held accountable? Anybody a little more in the know have some nuance to add?

At this point I'm just as curious from an overall league perspective, not just Buffalo

Rex made them wear wristbands. Or headbands. Or some sort of bands. Gastric?

• Haha (+1) 6

• Simon pinned this topic
12 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

not to be that guy but i remember a coach in middle school penalizing us for penalties after we lost a tough game by 1 point because we choked and just stunk. it was our first game.

he made us do bear crawls up and own the field the entire practice for an hour.

we didn't lose a game after that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I would think playtime could ultimately be at risk which for some players may or may not have an impact on incentive bonus money. But that would depend on the player. 

Then there are guys like this that take ownership of the situation and perhaps get on their fellow players where coaches can't. No one wants to let the team down

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

"Next guy that jumps offside gets cut!"

Sorry, not a series answer. 

It would seem that there would be an educational approach that would involve something technical in terms of execution that would be practiced repeatedly, rather than basic physical discipline. 

How did Belechick do it? Or any coach that had/has very few penalties? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, leonbus23 said:

It would seem that there would be an educational approach that would involve something technical in terms of execution that would be practiced repeatedly, rather than basic physical discipline. 

How did Belechick do it? Or any coach that had/has very few penalties? 

Belichick created a culture of fear, respect and brutal levels of hard work.

That method worked well (at the time), because he also had Tom Brady and a team with a winning reputation.

I'm not sure that style fits McDermott's personality, or if it would go over in this particular locker room.

As an outside fan, something does seem to be off mentally with this team.  It's August and you can already sense the frustration and lack of focus.  Maybe it's bleed-over from the way last season ended.  Maybe it's somehow related to all the Stefon Diggs drama.  Maybe it's something with the coaching staff.  Maybe Josh Allen really is too distracted with the rise to fame.  I just don't know.  

But if this team doesn't get its head on straight quickly, the Jets are going to punch them in the mouth Week 1.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.