Josh Allen is Playing football Saturday

BuffaloBillyG

59 minutes ago, Draconator said:

Josh is going to look for Andy Isabella. You heard it here first. 

I dismissed him as just another undersized white slot WR, but holy cow he’s got some world class speed. Not sure why he hasn’t really had much success, but I hope he makes the final roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Andy Reid played Mahomes last week. I think he knows what he’s doing and Mahomes wanted to play.

That’s football. A coach needs to prepare their team the best possible way. Going up against TJ Watt and a Steelers defense that is formidable isn’t a bad way to prepare for a nasty Jets defense. At the very least get your big toe wet.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 4

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

About the dumbest thing you can do, well...except for the braniacs behind 13 seconds. Stupid is as stupid does.

SIT ALLEN UNTIL THE PLAYOFFS! 

Just now, Beast said:

Andy Reid played Mahomes last week. I think he knows what he’s doing and Mahomes wanted to play.

That’s football. A coach needs to prepare your team the best possible way. Going up against TJ Watt and a Steelers defense that is formidable isn’t a bad way to prepare for a nasty Jets defense. At the very least get your big toe wet.

Tom Brady use to play a lot in preseason. Belichick would get criticism. Brady got hurt the first series of the regular season one year.

I know fans hate losing a player in a preseason game but he can just as easily get hurt in practice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

42 minutes ago, nucci said:

No benefit to playing Allen in preseason

Allen with the 1st unit need some reps against another team

NEVER understood the mentality of sitting starters/QB till the season starts. They are still working stuff out and need the kind of input that can be gained by playing against someone else besides the Bills D over and over again

• Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

59 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

I believe him only as far as the situation dictates. If Josh takes a big hit late 1st quarter or early 2nd, I don't think we'll see him the next series. 

And I don't worry about him simply playing football. What I worry about, is some bubble guy trying to make a statement. 

Name me 3 bubble guys that have injured a star QB in a pre-season game.

9 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

NEVER understood the mentality of sitting starters/QB till the season starts. They are still working stuff out and need the kind of input that can be gained by playing against someone else besides the Bills D over and over again

Stafford's 1st season with the Rams he did not play in preseason along with some other players. They won the SB that year. 

Just now, nucci said:

Stafford's 1st season with the Rams he did not play in preseason along with some other players. They won the SB that year. 

I don’t think preseason is needed to get ready for the season but I also think the injury risk is low. Especially for a QB. The players we probably should worry most about are the ones running and cutting and blocking.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

"NEVER" ? 

There's tons of examples of star players going down in preseason and having their entire season ruined but go ahead.

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

"NEVER" ? 

There's tons of examples of star players going down in preseason and having their entire season ruined but go ahead.

That still doesn't mean he has to agree with sitting them. I don't think he is denying that star players can get injured in pre-season just that in his head that risk has never outweighed the benefit of starting them. 

Personally I'd sit my Quarterback if I had a top level franchise guy. I'd want the rest of my starters to at least get out there for a quarter and get to game speed again. What they did week 1 is basically what I'd do for the first two pre-season games then I'd play nobody in week 3 and get a proper look at the guys I am looking at as practice squad players. 

• Agree 1

Im more interested to see if the D-line dominates like last week....they did a fantastic job against a really good o-line last week. Does it continue this week, as well as how does our O-line hold up....  

Edited by gordong

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That still doesn't mean he has to agree with sitting them. I don't think he is denying that star players can get injured in pre-season just that in his head that risk has never outweighed the benefit of starting them. 

Personally I'd sit my Quarterback if I had a top level franchise guy. I'd want the rest of my starters to at least get out there for a quarter and get to game speed again. What they did week 1 is basically what I'd do for the first two pre-season games then I'd play nobody in week 3 and get a proper look at the guys I am looking at as practice squad players. 

Sitting guys in preseason so they do not get injured is part of the mentality of not playing them in the preseason. 

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Understood. Injuries happen and if it happens in the regular season then nothing we can do. Those games are when teams are trying to win. No need to go all out in a meaningless preseason game.

Indeed that really goes for all of our starters.

Play normal speed, but no need to ramp up the play intensity. Also don't play too lackadaisical or you could get blindsided by a rookie trying to make a splash.

Play smart clean football, much like you would hold a pickup game with group of good friends and family.  Many of the players do havè friends on rival teams.  It should really never get to the level where you try to hurt somebody (ex.  Gronk trying to piledrive tre back in his rookie  season).

Play to your best ability and see how you match up with opponent.

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.