Practice Wed 8/16 starting with Dorsey interview

Beck Water

Just now, Ya Digg? said:

What has Shorter shown at this point that A) makes another team want to sign him and B) makes him so indispensable that you don’t want to cut him? There are 4,5,6 rounds picks as well as 2nd and 3rd year guys all over the league that are going to get cut…I don’t think Shorter will be in as high demand as you think 

At this point Shavers is made more of the opportunities so far imo

7 minutes ago, eball said:

What opportunities?  Shorter didn’t play much in W1.  We’ll see more this week and next.

I'm not overly concerned which of these guys make the team ss the bottom wrs, as those that get cut may just get signed later in season if we run into any injury or any performance problems by the bottom guys.  I mean they won't sign who they cut if Shakir has a few rough games unless it is clearly lack of effort there.  But we will have more options than when Beasley was hurt before the pĺayoffs.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 minute ago, eball said:

What opportunities?  Shorter didn’t play much in W1.  We’ll see more this week and next.

Shavers opportunities is what I was talking about. I know Shorter hasn't had much. 

Just saying the few opportunities Shavers himself had, he did well. Hope it continues..

2 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Shavers opportunities is what I was talking about. I know Shorter hasn't had much. 

Just saying the few opportunities Shavers himself had, he did well. Hope it continues..

I let the coaches decide who fits better for their plans.  Today teams don't give talented wrs the time to develop properly, so it's common to have alot of untapped talent that may thrive within our system.  It's true for any of the cut players.  They all could perhaps thrive in another system than the one they failed in.  Josh and the teams success will keep the supply of these players signing every year.  

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

And some drops....Ateman was the bottom of the roster receiver I was most impressed with. 

Diggs Davis Sherfield Harty Shakir Isabella. That's my guess for the 53.

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Little clarification that is from yesterday, Gabe did not practice today

You may know this but because it's today's practice thread seemed worth noting

I know. I just saw the clip and wanted to share. Tre and Gabe been looking great. Man that'd be huge to have both at their highest potential 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, AuntieEm said:

While I do think Kincaid will play alot in the slot it's a nice change up to go from Kincaid to the speed Isabella can bring to the slot.  Think of the possible variations can do if they have both Kincaid and Isabella on the field and they go hurry up not allowing a substitution by defenders and you switch who's in the slot.  I'm thinking we are gonna see more no huddle elements as Josh expands his ability to ŕead ďefenses and having so many weapons to counter whatever the defenses throw at them.  

Agree with all of this. 

I like the idea of Isabella working his butt off and becoming Beasley 2.0 but part of me thinks he’s lacking innate feel of working a defender one on one.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

pretty sure you want your MLB to be physical and relentless from the snap to the whistle, but then focus on the next play

why not both!

10 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

And some drops....Ateman was the bottom of the roster receiver I was most impressed with. 

Diggs Davis Sherfield Harty Shakir Isabella. That's my guess for the 53.

people ignoring shakir's drops because why? he can star in the CFL till he gets his hands right

5 minutes ago, Robert Paulson said:

people ignoring shakir's drops because why? he can star in the CFL till he gets his hands right

I don't think people are ignoring his drops...he's getting a lot of flack about them. I just think he's flashed enough last year and this camp that I'm predicting he's going to make the team. 

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Most have said that Shakir only projects inside in the NFL.  And Shorter hasn't done anything to be worried about cutting him and not being able to put him on the Bills' PS.  Meanwhile Isabella's speed (4.31) is eye-opening.

Ya. And One thing that we also forget?

If we do lose shorter, who really cares?

Draft another guy late next year.

Ideally you want to keep your draft picks, but the chances of a 5th-7th round raw player helping a Super Bowl contender this year and next is extremely slim.

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agree with all of this. 

I like the idea of Isabella working his butt off and becoming Beasley 2.0 but part of me thinks he’s lacking innate feel of working a defender one on one.  

This is gonna be his 3rd year in league?  3rd team at any rate iirc from the bits I've read recently.  Seems like unless a player is a unicorn somewhere they take some time to learn the pro game.  Harder still when you're a smaller guy given the physical toll of playing football.  His speed is up there its just not unmatched in past or current players. Maybe his àbility to learning our E - P system concepts gives him an edge.  He maybe just now starting to understand what to do to get open. Of course it helps when ur not the only weapon on field.  Takes fewer hits I'm sure.

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

LOL I thought about pointing out it was "general soreness" which doesn't sound too serious, but then I figured I'd do a little 🎣

That's fair.  But the report of helmet swinging - excuse me, "tossing to teammate" - then having to be restrained by his LB coach Bobby Babich - then next day having McDermott come over to talk to him - doesn't quite sound like your standard "stuff happens, they're not choir boys, no big deal" either.

I’d say it lands as me being curious to watch but not yet super stressed about

I don’t mind if he isn’t friendly with teammates but I’m also in favor of him not concussing them or causing strife if we need him to contribute as badly as we do

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

This is gonna be his 3rd year in league?  3rd team at any rate iirc from the bits I've read recently.  Seems like unless a player is a unicorn somewhere they take some time to learn the pro game.  Harder still when you're a smaller guy given the physical toll of playing football.  His speed is up there its just not unmatched in past or current players. Maybe his àbility to learning our E - P system concepts gives him an edge.  He maybe just now starting to understand what to do to get open. Of course it helps when ur not the only weapon on field.  Takes fewer hits I'm sure.

this will be his 5th year

11 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Yeah he’s got the speed alright.  Comparing him to Cole, Cole is a hooper like Stevie Johnson.  They attacked their defender and set up their moves with leverage and had an innate feeling of how to feel and beat their man.  

isabella doesn’t look like those guys as they ran their routes.  He seems like a fast athlete minus the feel aspect of running routes.  But my couch has been known to be wrong

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t mind if he isn’t friendly with teammates but I’m also in favor of him not concussing them or causing strife if we need him to contribute as badly as we do

He was drafted same year as Allen?  I thought he was a fave mock pick to help a promising Allen?  

52 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah he’s got the speed alright.  Comparing him to Cole, Cole is a hooper like Stevie Johnson.  They attacked their defender and set up their moves with leverage and had an innate feeling of how to feel and beat their man.  

isabella doesn’t look like those guys as they ran their routes.  He seems like a fast athlete minus the feel aspect of running routes.  But my couch has been known to be wrong

Beasley grew up learning the game from his coaching dad and even played as an option QB in high school in Texas. That understanding of the game has always allowed him to better identify pre and post snap reads and get to areas where defenders aren’t; a quarterback’s best friend on the field, not unlike Kelce who also understands the game on a high level as well. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

Just googled him.  He was drafted 2019 by cards.  So this is his 4th year in nfl though its his 3rd team.  Guess  Cards don't develop wrs and if they don't hit they reload.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.