MLB Battle

akcash

10 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Does any LB, not named Milano, get any love from here?

The pro Edmunds people gave a LOT of love to him. But then he left the team, so now I guess those people are back to hating him.

That's usually how it works.  Total loyalty for anyone or anything currently associated with the team, followed by disdain the moment they are no longer with the team.

Don't worry, I don't understand it either.

🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, boyst said:

i didn't think so. he was making plays but while he passed the eye test he didn't pass the sniff test.

he didn't seem to be diagnosing very fast, making the initial first steps, reads and routes. he was a man amongst midgets on scout team.

Maybe get your nose checked?

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Udubalum07 said:

I'm hoping it's Spector. The guy had an over 9 RAS score so, he is plenty athletic.  The coaching staff has talked about great instincts and from what we saw from PS last year, the guy loves to hit. 

Realistically, I don't care who starts. I personally don't have a dog in the fight, so to speak. My only hope is that one of them step up and TAKE the job rather than they start because they were the best option of a subpar bunch. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Are you serious lol? Spector was all over the place last Ps. He was an animal. That’s not the argument against this guy. There probably are plenty but that ain’t it

He just didn't move my needle. 🤷🏼‍♂️

58 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the 2nd half of the Vikings game after 49 went out.  Pretty terrible

That he couldn't handle it, and Spector didn't find time there was telling. But by those points in the game/season we were struggling.  I forgot who else was out for those games. 

26 minutes ago, drumizen said:

Maybe get your nose checked?

Nah, I know defense. 

13 hours ago, akcash said:

Spector

Dotson

Bernard

Outside hire

Klein- insurance

I believe this is a two horse race with the definite possibility we sign somebody or Klein starts week one. I think Beane try's to unload Bernard somewhere. I'm hoping Spector wins. 

Didn't see a thread for this discussion.

I'm confused...

Which are the "two horse" s  as you name three?

And, more importantly, why? What are your reasons that those two are the best options?  And why is Spector the one you hope to win?

Very unclear post, so clarify. please.

13 hours ago, akcash said:

I seen enough from these three linebackers last year to get an ideas what's gonna happen.

You say "I seen" but then, again, give us no actual information, nothing concrete to back up what you say.

What did you 'seen', last year??

Edited by Mister Defense

I find it very disappointing how easy some of us write players off and act as if they can never improve over the offseason. Especially when some are so young. Every year players are winning jobs or forced into duty because of injuries and elevate their game. Just because “he sucks” or “he was so bad last year” does not mean there’s no improvement the following years. 

The obsession with edmunds is still  strong despite being in another city now. It’s weird to see how many are wishing for him to fail and predicting Chicago will regret the contract. 

36 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Realistically, I don't care who starts. I personally don't have a dog in the fight, so to speak. My only hope is that one of them step up and TAKE the job rather than they start because they were the best option of a subpar bunch. 

If that is the case, “the best option of a subpar bunch” then it will be Klein. The coaches trust him and his experience. 

• Agree 1

46 minutes ago, boyst said:

He just didn't move my needle. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That he couldn't handle it, and Spector didn't find time there was telling. But by those points in the game/season we were struggling.  I forgot who else was out for those games. 

Nah, I know defense. 

I don’t think it’s telling of anything that a 7th rd pick couldn’t beat out the incumbent backup that was in his 3rd year in the system.  

If he can’t beat him out this year…. It’s telling

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, noacls said:

Hilarious how the same posters are saying you can't  make any assumptions to the pads come on, are the same posters that are all over Kincaids jock. 

Beane has brought Spectors name up  multiple times in the off-season unasked.  Also has mentioned him during camp. 4.60 guy, with intangibles, and played at dominant college program. IMHO Dodson on running downs. Spector in coverage. 

I’m IN Kincaids jock.  I didn’t say anything about pads 

• Haha (+1) 1

I think Klein gets penciled in at #1 until someone takes it from him. I don't think Dodson is an NFL talent, though that might not stop McD from forcing the issue, because they backed themselves in a corner.

I think Bernard is a cut candidate unless he can carve out an ST role. Williams likely won't be ready. Spector could have a shot. He had some nice plays last pre-season, but still a very long shot.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t think it’s telling of anything that a 7th rd pick couldn’t beat out the incumbent backup that was in his 3rd year in the system.  

Agree. Even Milano couldn’t displace journeyman Ramon Humber as a rookie.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, NewEra said:

maybe i mispoke.

that dotson couldn't hold his own weight last year and was not-so-good isn't a good indicator of what spector was - and i don't believe a 7th round player can have that much breakthrough talent in year two at a position like mlb.

Just now, FireChans said:

Agree. Even Milano couldn’t displace journeyman Ramon Humber as a rookie.

milano was an entirely different player. i remember after edmunds rookie year getting blasted that milano was going to be the better player by a mile even though edmunds and his position was more important at his position on the defense.

17 minutes ago, boyst said:

maybe i mispoke.

that dotson couldn't hold his own weight last year and was not-so-good isn't a good indicator of what spector was - and i don't believe a 7th round player can have that much breakthrough talent in year two at a position like mlb.

milano was an entirely different player. i remember after edmunds rookie year getting blasted that milano was going to be the better player by a mile even though edmunds and his position was more important at his position on the defense.

Here’s to you hopefully being wrong 🍻 Agree to disagree 

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boyst said:

maybe i mispoke.

Yes but Edmunds’ rookie year was Milano’s second. And I agree that’s when he started really popping.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.