Sean Payton not a fan of the Jets off-season

The 9 Isles

“It doesn’t happen often where an NFL team or organization gets embarrassed,” Payton told Bell. “And that happened here. Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much ***** time trying to win the offseason — the P.R., the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.”

That won’t happen this year. Payton is taking a page from the Costanza playbook for 2023.

“Everything I heard about last season, we’re doing the opposite,” Payton said.

In explaining the decision to just focus on the work, Payton took a backhanded shot at Hackett’s new team in New York.

“We’re not doing any of that,” Payton said. “The Jets did that this year. You watch. Hard Knocks, all of it. I can see it coming.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-payton-nathaniel-hacketts-performance-in-2022-might-have-been-among-the-worst-ever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much ***** time trying to win the offseason — the P.R., the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.” “We’re not doing any of that,” Payton said.

…said Payton in his 10,000th interview of the offseason without a sense of irony.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

Somewhat bold prediction I know, but I have the Jets finishing last (again) in the AFC East this year. I think Miami is clearly better for sure. Even the Pats look to be a 8-9 or 9-8 type squad. The hype has been crazy for them and it is New York after all

1 minute ago, MikePJ76 said:

He is right.  The jets are perfectly set up to replicate last years Broncos.

any time rodgers misses and they are toast.

I mean it is a bit of a mirror like situation, the Broncos did everything Wilson wanted and this year the Jets have been bowing to every one of Rogers whims.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I mean it is a bit of a mirror like situation, the Broncos did everything Wilson wanted and this year the Jets have been bowing to every one of Rogers whims.

Did you miss the part where Rogers gave up $35,000,000?

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Billl said:

Did you miss the part where Rogers gave up $35,000,000?

They added some void years and made things more cap flexible. He isn't necessarily losing any money, although technically his guarantees did go down.

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

“It doesn’t happen often where an NFL team or organization gets embarrassed,” Payton told Bell. “And that happened here. Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much ***** time trying to win the offseason — the P.R., the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.”

That won’t happen this year. Payton is taking a page from the Costanza playbook for 2023.

“Everything I heard about last season, we’re doing the opposite,” Payton said.

In explaining the decision to just focus on the work, Payton took a backhanded shot at Hackett’s new team in New York.

“We’re not doing any of that,” Payton said. “The Jets did that this year. You watch. Hard Knocks, all of it. I can see it coming.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/sean-payton-nathaniel-hacketts-performance-in-2022-might-have-been-among-the-worst-ever

I don't think Sean Payton and Nathaniel Hackett are gonna be "besties" any time soon.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.