Jets are releasing WR Denzel Mims if they can't trade him.

Gregg

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Even if you are not, Shorter's a 5rh round shot to nothing who is a very able special teamer. Mims was a very early 2nd rounder who can do nothing but run fast in straight lines.

Sure plus Shorter is a humble kid with a good attitude. I'm hoping he can develop.

maybe the only thing mathematially smaller would be a conditional swap of 7th round picks in 2025.

JETS WIN!  JETS WIN!  JETS WIN!

the offseason.  They just magically turned a 7th rounder in 2057 into a 6th (this year, sounds like)

Edited by maddenboy
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

maybe the only thing mathematially smaller would be a conditional swap of 7th round picks in 2025.

JETS WIN!  JETS WIN!  JETS WIN!

the offseason.  They just magically turned a 7th rounder in 2057 into a 6th (this year, sounds like)

Nothing wrong with salvaging a shred of value for a player you’re just about to cut. 

• Like (+1) 2

Bills could have picked him up for nothing. It's not like the WR core is rock solid. Maybe the Jets, wouldn't trade him within the division? 

Mims might have produced with Allen throwing him the ball. In NY, he never had a solid QB behind him. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is not very good that's why. He is a speed and size guy who can't really play. I was not very high on him coming out. Thought the Jets taking him right at the start of the 2nd round was a reach.

why can't he play?  poor route running, hands football IQ?  

do you think proper coaching can fix his issues?  

6 minutes ago, Utah John said:

The Bills' WR room is stuffed already.  Unless the guy's last name is Hopkins, we already have several guys better than anyone available.

Bills WR room is stuffed like my money clip. A Franklin on the outside but a bunch of expired coupons and a 7 year old condom on the inside.  It stinks!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Bills WR room is stuffed like my money clip. A Franklin on the outside but a bunch of expired coupons and a 7 year old condom on the inside.  It stinks!

Only a Bills fan would dare suggest our WR room is "stuffed" with talent.

13 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Only a Bills fan would dare suggest our WR room is "stuffed" with talent.

We have one elite WR then a bunch of dudes.  No one cares about Gabe Davis outside of the 585.  Then there's Scherfield, Harty, Shakir, and Shorter.  I'm surprised that much mediocrity can even fit in one room. Stuffed I tell ya. Stuffed!

37 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

why can't he play?  poor route running, hands football IQ?  

do you think proper coaching can fix his issues?  

Poor route running, can't track the ball, poor hands, no release package to speak of. He is a bigger guy who runs fast in straight lines. Can you coach it up? To coach all of that up is an ask. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills could have picked him up for nothing. It's not like the WR core is rock solid. Maybe the Jets, wouldn't trade him within the division? 

Mims might have produced with Allen throwing him the ball. In NY, he never had a solid QB behind him. 

I get the thought process, but if they thought so little of him that they were cutting bait before camp opens I highly doubt they would fear trading him within the division. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.