Andrew Luck will be eligible for the HOF in 2024

Gregg

NFL Rookie Watch on Twitter: "Andrew Luck will officially be eligible for the Hall of Fame in 2024. Luck’s stats over his first six seasons in the NFL were mind BOGGLING. Luck had 171 passing TD’s (3rd all-time), trailing only Dan Marino and Patrick Mahomes. 23,671 passing yards (4th all-time), trailing… https://t.co/sl2KzHmkZz" / Twitter

He was really good when he played. But he didn't play long enough to get in despite those impressive stats. IMHO.  if I remember correctly injuries forced him into an early retirement. He took a lot of hits playing behind a bad Colts OL.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Oh sure Steve Tasker doesn't belong yet you would even consider this guy ?

This is a sad sad day....

When Ray Guy got in the HOF, I thought that would open the door for ST players. Tasker should get in IMHO.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Terrell davis got in with the same number of years.  But I don't think there is any chance Luck gets in.  Not even if he gets lucky....the way he walked away I think is preceived a certain way even if it is unfair.

Comparing his number to Allen....Luck completed 60.8% of his passes which would be considered bad today. His won/loss record was just above 500.   I dont see mind boggling.....yes high for first few seasons but when you consider the changes in the game its not as impressive.  Allen beats him in TD%, INT%, rushing...they are tied in Y/A.  Both are 4-4 in playoffs but Lucks postseason stats blow, he threw more INT's than TD's.

Comparing him to Allen has no bearing on HOF but he is not HOF worthy at all.  If he put up 15 seasons, maybe.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

The only short career player I’ve ever approved of being in the hall was Terrell Davis.  He was dominant and won a ring.  

Luck would be a lock if he played a few more years and won a ring, but not with his body of work as is. 

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Terrell davis got in with the same number of years.  But I don't think there is any chance Luck gets in.  Not even if he gets lucky....the way he walked away I think is preceived a certain way even if it is unfair.

Comparing his number to Allen....Luck completed 60.8% of his passes which would be considered bad today. His won/loss record was just above 500.   I dont see mind boggling.....yes high for first few seasons but when you consider the changes in the game its not as impressive.  Allen beats him in TD%, INT%, rushing...they are tied in Y/A.  Both are 4-4 in playoffs but Lucks postseason stats blow, he threw more INT's than TD's.

Comparing him to Allen has no bearing on HOF but he is not HOF worthy at all.  If he put up 15 seasons, maybe.

Wow, what are the odds of posting the same argument at the exact same time 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The only short career player I’ve ever approved of being in the hall was Terrell Davis.  He was dominant and won a ring.  

Luck would be a lock if he played a few more years and won a ring, but not with his body of work as is. 

Wow, what are the odds of posting the same argument at the exact same time 

Great minds……………………..rarely appear in this joint!   😋

• Haha (+1) 3

Nope. Great skills. Put up solid numbers when he played. 

My personal criteria for HoF is: can you tell the story of the era of football they played without mentioning their name? If the answer is yes, then they don't belong. Luck was good, but never really moved the needle of the era IMO.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

When I watched OJ, Walter Payton, Joe Montana, or Payton Manning play, I knew I was privileged to observe a HOF talent do their work.

I never felt that way about Luck, though I admit the stats are impressive.

I vote no.  

Edited by hondo in seattle

58 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Nope. Great skills. Put up solid numbers when he played. 

My personal criteria for HoF is: can you tell the story of the era of football they played without mentioning their name? If the answer is yes, then they don't belong. Luck was good, but never really moved the needle of the era IMO.

May be a good history piece on how Tanking doesn’t work in the NFL. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.