Rochester Bar Bill Tavern - Opened Yesterday (7/7/23) - Thoughts?

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I can't put him on ignore until I find out if he was able to dress himself for an event.

I think we all know he just wanted to tell us he was invited to speak in Vegas (not exactly rare in Vegas, my wife has done it), but he wasn’t smart enough to realize that only a complete buffoon can’t get himself dressed. Kind of like asking for recipes so he can tell us he spends thousands of dollars a month going out to eat also means his wife is incapable of basic kitchen skills and concepts. Our self-proclaimed genius misses out on the double edged sword he wields. 

This has turned sad, indeed. 

4 hours ago, Augie said:

I think we all know he just wanted to tell us he was invited to speak in Vegas (not exactly rare in Vegas, my wife has done it), but he wasn’t smart enough to realize that only a complete buffoon can’t get himself dressed. Kind of like asking for recipes so he can tell us he spends thousands of dollars a month going out to eat also means his wife is incapable of basic kitchen skills and concepts. Our self-proclaimed genius misses out on the double edged sword he wields. 

This has turned sad, indeed. 

Does he have an arkytech for a neighbor though.... 

Bud texted me and said the line to get in was 1/8th of a mile long. These are chicken wings, not in season soft shell crabs.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, T&C said:

Bud texted me and said the line to get in was 1/8th of a mile long. These are chicken wings, not in season soft shell crabs

Wow, that’s a lot of morons who don’t know slop when they see it. 😉

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/10/2023 at 8:15 PM, chongli said:

In case anyone is interested, I added the Yelp page for this new location Saturday:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/bar-bill-tavern-inc-rochester

Yikes!  3.3 out of the gate.  4.2 on Google already.  They'd better get those kinks worked out quickly.  

I wonder if some Rochester folk are rating it low because it's a Buffalo place.  

1 hour ago, teef said:

yesterday i was told that a couple we knew finally went.  they waited 45 mins, and said the wings were rather, "unimpressive".  so there's that.

I've been looking to go to Roch to check it out, trying to go during Camp, but I think I'll wait until the wait times diminish, at least during the week.  Or maybe just go solo to the bar for recon purposes.  

• Like (+1) 1

I mean wings used to be free during happy hour in the Rochester area when I was young handsome and cool,  

I would think that most folk here can make better wings than 99% of wing places serve, 

2 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

I mean wings used to be free during happy hour in the Rochester area when I was young handsome and cool,  

I would think that most folk here can make better wings than 99% of wing places serve, 

Funny you say that, I typically make my own wings now for that reason, but also because they're so expensive now out.  It's $40 for an order of wings, a couple of drafts, and a tip.  

BTW, at least in Rochester, the wings were also much better generally speaking when you were young, handsome, and cool.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Yikes!  3.3 out of the gate.  4.2 on Google already.  They'd better get those kinks worked out quickly.  

I wonder if some Rochester folk are rating it low because it's a Buffalo place.  

I've been looking to go to Roch to check it out, trying to go during Camp, but I think I'll wait until the wait times diminish, at least during the week.  Or maybe just go solo to the bar for recon purposes.  

Was in Rochester 2 weekends ago and thought about going but decided against it since I figured it would be packed and the kinks are still likely not worked out.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, teef said:

yesterday i was told that a couple we knew finally went.  they waited 45 mins, and said the wings were rather, "unimpressive".  so there's that.

F that couple! 

Are we going soon or what? Time to put this speculation one way or another to bed! 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, PBF81 said:

i'm hoping it's just growing pains as others have mentioned.  i'll still go, but i'm not as interested as i once was.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

F that couple! 

Are we going soon or what? Time to put this speculation one way or another to bed! 

you around at the end of this month?  i'm jammed this week, away next week, but my wife and kids are in florida the week after.  giddy up.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, teef said:

i'm hoping it's just growing pains as others have mentioned.  i'll still go, but i'm not as interested as i once was.

you around at the end of this month?  i'm jammed this week, away next week, but my wife and kids are in florida the week after.  giddy up.

Alright, let’s s do this! Maybe they’ll get their stuff together by then. 

You guys want us to live feed this $&@?!

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.