ESPN Layoffs

Process

2 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

If Steven A keeps his job...

You understand that your outrage is what keeps him employed. Seeking him out so you can be outraged is attention and that is his job.. to keep your attention and he does it very well. He knows this. You apparently don't.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Rights fees have hit the point where networks can't break even anymore, and people don't want to pay through the nose for games on TV.

My daughter works in corporate strategy for a major network/cable company - she recently was involved in a project assessing regional sports networks.  Total mess. The biggest takeaway was that they would not be sustainable/viable with the rights currently being charged by the leagues.  MLB was especially obscene

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Malazan said:

You understand that your outrage is what keeps him employed. Seeking him out so you can be outraged is attention and that is his job.. to keep your attention and he does it very well. He knows this. You apparently don't.

Well, his name IS “JimBob”. What do you expect?

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, stevewin said:

My daughter works in corporate strategy for a major network/cable company - she recently was involved in a project assessing regional sports networks.  Total mess. The biggest takeaway was that they would not be sustainable/viable with the rights currently being charged by the leagues.  MLB was especially obscene

Correct.

But the other side of the coin is networks can no longer demand the fees from cable/satellite providers that they need to float. Cable/satellite is hemorrhaging from people moving to internet based media.

16 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I get it.  This was Howard Sterns schtick for a while too.  Honestly, personally, I change the channel if I see him, and it stops me from watching ESPN when he is on.  I honestly can't stand him.  I do the same with Hoda Cotb in a non-sports arena.   So it's not working on me....except I do greatly dislike him. lol.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.