Did we do enough? I think we are getting there.

19 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I love the Torrence addition. I think adding Edwards was a sneaky good move, but not a great one. I think signing McGovern for so long and so much was a terrible move that will set us back. We still need a starting caliber RT and McGovern needs an upgrade. We also are 2 WR's short of a solid starting 3. Also, everyone assumes Cook will be great. I'd like him to achieve mediocrity at least before I join that lovefest. I'm not saying it would easy to solve all those problems, but the answer is still no. We didn't do enough.

We'll be a good team this year, but I don't see a deep playoff run. We may not even win the AFCE.

McGovern’s contract seems reasonable to me. He started 29 games over 3 seasons and played a full season last year. He is 25 and only signed for three seasons and can have his cap number adjusted down the last two years of his deal. 

He is getting paid not terrible money for a very good pass blocking guard who while not a great run blocker is not as tragic as his grades on PFF make him out to be.

Seems like not a bad use of a fairly modest amount of cap space.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

I think the key is going to be Damian Harris. We haven’t had a big running back in a long time. Moss doesn’t count 

Harris is very injury prone. I like the signing but it reminds me of the Crowder signing. I don't think anyone would be surprised if Harris gets injured again. 

56 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

McGovern’s contract seems reasonable to me. He started 29 games over 3 seasons and played a full season last year. He is 25 and only signed for three seasons and can have his cap number adjusted down the last two years of his deal. 

He is getting paid not terrible money for a very good pass blocking guard who while not a great run blocker is not as tragic as his grades on PFF make him out to be.

Seems like not a bad use of a fairly modest amount of cap space.

It remains to be seen how McGovern pans out in a Bills uniform. I like the fact that the Bills addressed the oline. 

On 6/28/2023 at 11:10 PM, newcam2012 said:

I agree Allen is fantastic. However, at some point if the Bills fail to progress further does Allen start getting some blame? Heat? Criticism?

I suspect not. He's far from the Bills problem. In fact, he's the rock that keeps the Bills ticking imo. 

Nevertheless, just wondering if football fans, the media, and football experts start pegging Allen back in the pecking QB order. Not that it really matters. The QB rankings always seem to be a fun talking point. 

One thing that I'm  kind of keeping an eye on is Allen's media hype, commercials, Madden covet, Hollywood GF, golf venues on TV, etc...I can't hate that he's marketing himself and making money. Just wonder if how if any it affects his game. The old timer in me kind of doesn't like it. But times have really changed. 

Bruce Smith did movies and commercials. I think he turned out ałright.

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, teef said:

can you even fit into your pants anymore after all the mcds?

Do I need to send you a pic of my midsection?  Would that be more interesting than tax returns?

8 minutes ago, Beast said:

And we all know who doesn’t wear the socks in your family. 😆

Yeah you got me there.  Socks are gross.

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do I need to send you a pic of my midsection?  Would that be more interesting than tax returns?

Yeah you got me there.  Socks are gross.

would you send me a picture of y our midsection while holding tax returns?

1 minute ago, Patrick Duffy said:

How about those that eat nothing but that type of fast food ***** and never gain any weight. Hate those ppl

we call those people skinny fat.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 7/8/2023 at 11:48 PM, newcam2012 said:

Mahomes just seems to know how to win. That oline is so good and Reid knows how to call plays. 

Mahomes will likely give Brady a run for his SB rings while Allen likely becomes the next Dan Marino and Jim Kelly. Great QBs with no rings to show for. 

Ben Violin (Boston Globe reporter who covers the Pats) is saying the Pats could be looking to move on from Bill with Jerod Mayo as the next HC. Apparently, Kraft is getting tired of these disappointing seasons they have had recently. If that happened and I am not saying it will then I would offer a blank check to Bill if I am Terry. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

Back in the day I had a roommate and this mother ***** got muscular and looked in shape eating nothing but take-out type fast food etc and his plates had so much that food was falling off the sides or about to fall over. Pissed me off lol

2 minutes ago, Gregg said:

Ben Violin (Boston Globe reporter who covers the Pats) is saying the Pats could be looking to move on from Bill with Jerod Mayo as the next HC. Apparently, Kraft is getting tired of these disappointing seasons they have had recently. If that happened and I am not saying it will then I would offer a blank check to Bill if I am Terry. 

Hard for me to stomach having BB as the Bills coach.

Do you think he would have a strong chance to take the Bills to the SB? Win it? 

Was he really think good or was it more Brady? 

Does his rigid style and defensive mindset become not so advantageous in today's modern day football? 

Fun to kick the can here. 

38 minutes ago, teef said:

would you send me a picture of y our midsection while holding tax returns?

I feel you would look at my pic with your door locked and lights off.  

Between the dollar menu and breakfast....I only eat fast food about 7-8 times a week now.  That's not much.  

Edited by Royale with Cheese

Just now, newcam2012 said:

Hard for me to stomach having BB as the Bills coach.

Do you think he would have a strong chance to take the Bills to the SB? Win it? 

Was he really think good or was it more Brady? 

Does his rigid style and defensive mindset become not so advantageous in today's modern day football? 

Fun to kick the can here. 

When Bill had an elite level franchise QB you saw the results. Bill is also a much better DC the McDermott. You could cherry pick a game here or there like the "we are on to Cincinati" after the Chiefs blew them out or the Bills no punt game against them. Overall, Bill has had strong defenses.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Gregg said:

When Bill had an elite level franchise QB you saw the results. Bill is also a much better DC the McDermott. You could cherry pick a game here or there like the "we are on to Cincinati" after the Chiefs blew them out or the Bills no punt game against them. Overall, Bill has had strong defenses.

It's hard not to think BB wouldn't be a pretty big upgrade. 

Get it done Terry!

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I feel you would look my pic with your door locked and lights off.  

Between the dollar menu and breakfast....I only eat fast food about 7-8 times a week now.  That's not much.  

Why he gona be looking at pic with the lights off? Unless he can turn into an owl or is secretly a bat he might not see much with lights off in the dark

54 minutes ago, The Red King said:

If we can avoid the injury bug this time around I think we've got a real good shot.  Losing Von Miller and having Josh playing injured hurt bad and the other injuries, Hamlin and such buried us.

Its always a fair point.

So you have to address depth.

The quality of depth has risen on the Bills. No big splash players doesn't mean no improvement.

Better deeper depth raises the whole boat. Bills have done that IMO

Go Bills

2 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Ah well ya got me there... Damn I must be too much old school because I was thinking a camera film type picture and never crossed my mind about phone Lol

You were probably flashing back to what to do with a Playboy magazine after lights out was called. That can scar you. 

I’m guessing…..

On 6/28/2023 at 1:18 PM, Gregg said:

On paper the LOS seems better on both sides of the ball. Hopefully Kinkaid has a good rookie season. But the division is harder, and the AFC overall is a tough conference.  Then there are injuries which can hit any team. The Bills should be in the mix for a championship but who knows how it will play out.

The division is harder but we sleepwalked through a few division games last year so I’d expect our division record to be at worst the same  

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/5/2023 at 7:11 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I surely hope McGovern turns out to be good too.    You don't pay an interior OL who has never even been a full time starter the kind of money they did unless you think he's going to be A LOT better than he's ever been before.   But his pff grade last year was brutal.   To register a 52 score you have put a lot of bad on tape.   Clearly the splits were vastly different because his pass blocking was good and his run blocking was not.   And as I've said.......there is no such thing as a 3rd down guard........you can't be terrible at one aspect and be a good guard.   Saffold was even worse (42) but he was simply terrible snap-in-snap-out all season.    

From the analysis I've watched on McGovern, he struggles run blocking in power schemes. Whereas he's a much better puller and zone scheme fit than when he's asked to block down on DT's 1v1. 

So I think there's a reasonable expectation that his run blocking improves in Kromer's scheme. This may be more fan based wishful thinking on my part. But if his run blocking improves and he continues to pass block well, then it may end up being a good signing.

Even so, his pass protection is such an improvement over Saffold... We shall see how it shakes out.

5 hours ago, Motorin' said:

From the analysis I've watched on McGovern, he struggles run blocking in power schemes. Whereas he's a much better puller and zone scheme fit than when he's asked to block down on DT's 1v1. 

So I think there's a reasonable expectation that his run blocking improves in Kromer's scheme. This may be more fan based wishful thinking on my part. But if his run blocking improves and he continues to pass block well, then it may end up being a good signing.

Even so, his pass protection is such an improvement over Saffold... We shall see how it shakes out.

Kromer isn't scheme specific. 

He has had high level success with both power/ pin-and-pull and inside zone schemes(where his 2015-2016 Bills lead the NFL in rushing both years) AND the en vogue west coast style outside zone(reached SB with McVay Rams).

McDermott would clearly like to be an outside zone blocking team but that plan has failed every year.    Dennison, Daboll, Dorsey.........they haven't been able to be good at outside zone.

They usually end up going away from that as the season progresses.   Part of the reason for that failure, IMO,  is mismatched personnel.   Guys who don't execute zone blocking well mixed with those who do.    They just drafted Torrence in round 2 and he's not a zone guy.    So the trend continues.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.