Beasley claims Dak is "best leader he ever played with by far"...

Big Turk

This may have already been brought up, but evidently, if Beas intended it as praise to the Houston Texans QB, it didn't go over well with some Texans fans:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/news-texans-fans-slam-former-cowboys-drawing-comparisons-c-j-stroud-dak-prescott-no-one-gives-f-ck-cole-beasley-thinks

While that was likely intended as praise, it did not sit well with the Texans fans. Not only does Dak Prescott play for a state rival, his record was not great last year as he tied for most interceptions, with their very own Davis Mills, in the regular season. That he achieved that after missing chunks of the season made him the most turnover-worthy quarterback in the league.

By getting C.J. Stroud, the Texans will be hoping to do more than the Cowboys quarterback has done in Dallas.

Some of the comments are ....salty

• Haha (+1) 1

On 6/17/2023 at 8:06 PM, MJS said:

When someone says something nice about someone, it doesn't mean they are saying anything bad about another person. His comment has NOTHING to do with Josh Allen.

Except it DOES.  You need to connect the dots.  Beas said “huddle presence can’t be taught “.   Beas was very impressed that Stroud was said to be higher than Dak.  And Dak was the best in Beas’ opinion.

Thus Stroud > Dak > Josh.

And Josh can’t do anything to improve it (ridiculous).

So this is really a sly two for one insult fest, the rookie Stroud is better than Josh, and Josh will never have it.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Except it DOES.  You need to connect the dots.  Beas said “huddle presence can’t be taught “.   Beas was very impressed that Stroud was said to be higher than Dak.  And Dak was the best in Beas’ opinion.

Thus Stroud > Dak > Josh.

And Josh can’t do anything to improve it (ridiculous).

So this is really a sly two for one insult fest, the rookie Stroud is better than Josh, and Josh will never have it.

i dont know why these guys laugh at ya and thumbs down.  He takes shots at everyone after he's off the team. 

• Agree 1

Does anyone here know anything about Beasley's personal life or what he's like as a real human being?

You do? Then why would you give a rat's ass about ANYTHING he says about ANYTHING?

When this guy left the league he left my mind pretty much forever.

On 6/19/2023 at 7:21 PM, Nextmanup said:

Does anyone here know anything about Beasley's personal life or what he's like as a real human being?

You do? Then why would you give a rat's ass about ANYTHING he says about ANYTHING?

When this guy left the league he left my mind pretty much forever.

There's a ton of Stephen A skip Bayless and whatever that girl is named they had a whole thread about. Reality is the fan base is a donation mafia not an football 101 group. And that's ok. Just no sense in arguing like Stephen A vs Shannon Sharpe. They don't realize it's a show.

On 6/16/2023 at 10:17 AM, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wheat toast, buttered end to end evenly with mint jelly is the only civil way to eat it. I will die on this hill.

Always Rye toast, with the only topping options being butter, or Marmalade, anything else is is a sign that one eats their wings with ranch…, 

• Agree 1

On 6/16/2023 at 7:41 AM, NewEra said:

Mint jelly 🤮 

I love all types of bread toasted- if it’s a bread, I’ll enjoy it toasted.  

Butter

Butter + cinnamon sugar

Butter and strawberry jelly JAM  or MARMALADE

Avocado 

Cream cheese +everything bagel seasoning

Peanut butter

Smoked Salmon 

Tomato + red onion

Discover Honey Butter.   You might not be able to go back.  And honey butter with cinnamon sugar . . . wow.   Next level.   The stuff of addiction

Edited by maddenboy
  • Agree 1

On 6/16/2023 at 12:31 PM, Eastport bills said:

I think your affection for Dak is messing with your objectivity. First, he’s desperate to get a contract and by blowing smoke up Dak’s rear end, he figures it can’t hurt. He’s openly lobbying for a spot on the Cowboys on social media. By comparing Dak to Josh in the area of leadership is silly especially when Dak has underperformed in the last 2 post seasons and is generally considered the most overpaid QB in football, hamstringing his team’s ability to add talent. I know you’re not a Josh fan because anyone who’s watched Josh’s career knows he leads by his heroic performance on the field with disregard for the pain he absorbs. His teammates all talk glowingly about him and rush to his defense when he takes  undue punishment.He leads by playing through injury and taking full responsibility for losses. He only praises teammates and coaches and makes it his business to organize activities off the field to build strong relationships. Naturally Cole complimented Josh grudgingly because he’s acknowledged as one of the top 3 QBs in football. If he’s trying to get a contract do you think it serves him to sound like a malcontent. Everything Cole does has an underlying purpose. His disdain for Bills fans was part of this imbecilic statement.

I nearly passed out, twice, trying to struggle through this big-ass block of words

But generally i think you are right

Beasley's statement kinda sounds like "well, i have to find Something positive to say about Dak.  without lying." 

Because yes, beasley wants some more of that juicy nfl money.  feathering his nest one last time.  Him and his wife thought of 175 more things they Need before he retires.

On 6/17/2023 at 8:06 AM, benderbender said:

Thick skin makes you slow and less maneuverable. We need light armor for the agility needed to jump to conclusions, and the dexterity to run in circles as the sky is falling. 

this is very well done.

On 6/17/2023 at 9:45 AM, BillsFan4 said:

I mean, if we are being totally honest here I think we know Allen probably still needs to grow a bit more as a leader. we’ve all seen when he gets into his funks during a game and that blank stare + look in his eyes that he gets. It definitely happens much less than it used to and I think/hope it will continue to improve even more. He’s also rallied the team on the sidelines too. So I know he can do it. I think it’s just about finding a bit more consistency. He’s getting there…

Agree

i think josh needs to view leadership more as a skill, and not as a trait

we have seen josh work to improve things he thinks are improvable.

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2023 at 4:52 PM, Mat68 said:

Beasley is an enigma.  I respect his honesty and candidness.  He should be a legend.  Small white rapper slot receiver fits the mafia.   Beasley seemed to approach the fanbase and media different after the covid stuff.  Idk maybe he felt Allen was pc and team during that and not there for his teammates 🤷🏻‍♂️.  

I'm starting to see Beasley as trying to be the next Pat McAfee

small, white, outspoken, has lots of friends in the league.  Played a minor role on some successful teams.  Not afraid to speak his mind.

And with (apparently) the same southern manly charm.  (i mean that sincerely).

He just needs more exposure.  And here we are.

Because that Pat McAfee money is lookin pretty good. 

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2023/05/31/pat-mcafee-espn-contract-worth-85-million-over-five-years-per-report

2 hours ago, maddenboy said:

I nearly passed out, twice, trying to struggle through this big-ass block of words

But generally i think you are right

Beasley's statement kinda sounds like "well, i have to find Something positive to say about Dak.  without lying." 

Because yes, beasley wants some more of that juicy nfl money.  feathering his nest one last time.  Him and his wife thought of 175 more things they Need before he retires.

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. If you don’t  like reading more than one or two sentences how can you get through an actual book. There’s no rule that says you must read long, interminable posts. Twitter is perfect for you. 

21 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

Thanks for the backhanded compliment. If you don’t  like reading more than one or two sentences how can you get through an actual book. There’s no rule that says you must read long, interminable posts. Twitter is perfect for you. 

dood.  i guess you arent used to it.

it is a compliment.  it is not backhanded.

it means that usually i dont get past the first line, and then give up, on these huge block posts.

It means that the content was good.  so i kept going.  (even nearly passing out).  i had to finish it.

Secondly, it is a note to others, whe feel the same and will never ever even make the attempt, that the attempt is worth making in this rare instance.

--

there is no insult, because you dont need Me to tell you that block posts suck and are pretty much a shame since nobody is gonna slog through it.   I dont think i can be the first person to note this.  If anything, it is a plea.

Edited by maddenboy

34 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

dood.  i guess you arent used to it.

it is a compliment.  it is not backhanded.

it means that usually i dont get past the first line, and then give up, on these huge block posts.

It means that the content was good.  so i kept going.  (even nearly passing out).  i had to finish it.

Secondly, it is a note to others, whe feel the same and will never ever even make the attempt, that the attempt is worth making in this rare instance.

--

there is no insult, because you dont need Me to tell you that block posts suck and are pretty much a shame since nobody is gonna slog through it.   I dont think i can be the first person to note this.  If anything, it is a plea.

I appreciate the kind words. Sorry if I offended you. Sometimes the things you have to say, takes more words. If reading a longer post gives info you like or never knew, it’s worth the extra 30 seconds. 

17 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I appreciate the kind words. Sorry if I offended you. Sometimes the things you have to say, takes more words. If reading a longer post gives info you like or never knew, it’s worth the extra 30 seconds. 

the point is readability.

like breaking up the words into digestible chunks.

Like wanting to do everything possible to be (1) read, and (2) understood. 

A large block is a challenge.   Especially where you wanna go back and re-read a part to make sure you understood it, and cant find it without some effort.

(truly, please dont take this wrong.  I just am encouraging you to be readable, in addition to making good points)

48 minutes ago, maddenboy said:

the point is readability.

like breaking up the words into digestible chunks.

Like wanting to do everything possible to be (1) read, and (2) understood. 

A large block is a challenge.   Especially where you wanna go back and re-read a part to make sure you understood it, and cant find it without some effort.

(truly, please dont take this wrong.  I just am encouraging you to be readable, in addition to making good points)

I understand your reluctance to read longer posts. The fact that you had to criticize and lecture me on your personal reaction just seems silly. You made a comment agreeing with the main idea I was making, the rest of this is an opinion of my writing style you’re trying to bludgeon me with. It’s a waste of your time.

9 minutes ago, Eastport bills said:

I understand your reluctance to read longer posts. The fact that you had to criticize and lecture me on your personal reaction just seems silly. You made a comment agreeing with the main idea I was making, the rest of this is an opinion of my writing style you’re trying to bludgeon me with. It’s a waste of your time.

thank you

your post is not "long" at all. 

have a good one

6 hours ago, maddenboy said:

Discover Honey Butter.   You might not be able to go back.  And honey butter with cinnamon sugar . . . wow.   Next level.   The stuff of addiction

No doubt.  That ish should be illegal. I just don’t want that stuff anywhere near my fridge.  I’ll probably die within months

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2023 at 9:23 AM, Big Turk said:

Which begs the question...what does he think Allen needs to do to reach that level or where is Allen lacking in comparison?  I don't think this is a dig at Allen at all, Beasley has said many times he thinks Allen can be the best QB in the league and has immense talent and ability.  

I'm super curious as to what he thinks Allen needs to get better at in this department because all you have heard is how amazing Allen is as a leader since pretty much day 1...

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/kellen-moore-calls-dak-prescott-the-best-leader-ive-ever-been-around-easily

I’m not trying to stick up for Beasley, just trying to be fair. He’s been bashed pretty good by some in the past and from what I know it was mostly due to being ant vaxxed. I agree with him, I didn’t get vaccinated and I sure am glad that I didn’t. I actually respect when someone takes a stance even if I don’t agree with them. As far as I’m concerned I really didn’t take issue with what he said but then. I’m not quite sure if Beasley goes about it the right way on social media. If I were a high profile athlete or celebrity I don’t think I’d be too active on social media, it’s causes too many problems and trouble for oneself, it’s not worth it imo. 

Anyways here is a link to a fresh article about how great of a leader and person Dak Prescott is. I never realized or knew much about Dak but I’m going to start paying more attention to him. He sounds like a great guy and seems very interesting.  In today’s world it’s nice to hear such great things about the modern athlete. It’s refreshing to see that not everyone is a mess. Once again I don’t take any issue with Beasley saying that Dak is by far the best leader he has ever been around. I believe that Beasley was just being honest and sincere in what he was saying and meant no slice or ill will towards Josh or anyone else for that matter. People should be entitled to hear both sides to a person when such person comes under scrutiny. 

Well, enough said. In closing I wish everyone a very happy and SAFE 4th of July!

Go Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.