Buffalo Sabres and NHL 2023-2024

Draconator

9 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Just what the Sabres needed.....a 2 goal lead and the top line getting chances and a goal. Defense looks good too. A couple of chances, but they're disrupting play in front of their net. 

Helluva a period. They came right out and played loose and fast... was great to see that... more of what we are accustomed to seeing out of this group.

44 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not much of a hype guy but I'll say it now:

Devon Levi is the Truth.

The next great Sabres goaltender, and I think he'll end up being better than Ryan Miller.

Agreed. I was not much of an Enroth fan. He was good, but I worried about his size. He couldn't do the splits and cover the posts skate to skate. I watched goals scored between his skate and post in that very scenario twice. 

I'm in on Levi. He moves so smoothly and has a great, (I'll hold "spectacular" until I have more evidence) glove hand. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

Much needed W tonight...they continue to look a bit better in every game since that opening night flop

They have too much talent to be judged after just 2 games. That first loss was a letdown. But tonight was a lift to their and the fans spirits. no question🙂

Edited by muppy
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Fleezoid said:

He moves so smoothly

That combination of smooth and speed is something to watch sometimes.

He gets up and down as fast and accurately as anybody I've ever seen.

I'm going to start calling him Neo, because he is The One.

10 hours ago, Simon said:

That combination of smooth and speed is something to watch sometimes.

He gets up and down as fast and accurately as anybody I've ever seen.

I'm going to start calling him Neo, because he is The One.

Devon Levi is definitely  fun to watch.  Iron sharpens iron. He played very well last night and his upside is massive .

I remember you really liked his game even last season and your opinion hasn't changed. Mine either

GO SABRES

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Just watched the highlights. Looked like a good game.

Why the empty arena tho?

Someone said it ticket agencies bought up all the tickets when the team was really bad, and sold them for like $20 in the 100s. Now that the team is on the verge of being a yearly playoff contender, those agencies are selling them for 10x or more what they were and the fans are refusing to pay those prices. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

When the Buffalo Sabres entered the NHL in 1970 they were awarded the first pick in the draft. Shortly before the team made their selection of Gilbert Perreault #1 general manager Punch Imlach picked up goaltender Joe Daley off waivers. He was the first member of the Buffalo Sabres organization and the only Sabres goaltender to play without a mask. 🥅🏒🦬

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Tuesday night in the beginning of the season. I bet tomorrow and Sat games are busier.

I wonder how many season ticket holders the Sabres have. Many years of lousy hockey had the season ticket base decline. Start winning and that will pick up again as well as individual ticket sales.

22 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Just watched the highlights. Looked like a good game.

Why the empty arena tho?

I think most of Buffalo was still recovering from the Sunday Night Bills game.  I'm going to the game tonight, hope the atmosphere is a little bit better than Tuesday 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I wonder how many season ticket holders the Sabres have. Many years of lousy hockey had the season ticket base decline. Start winning and that will pick up again as well as individual ticket sales.

Good question, I wonder that myself. Especially because since there are 82 games, 41 home games, the cost of Sabres season tickets can be 2-3x as much as BILLS season tickets!

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

I think most of Buffalo was still recovering from the Sunday Night Bills game.  I'm going to the game tonight, hope the atmosphere is a little bit better than Tuesday 

I'm guessing it'll be a much better crowd. A lot of folks may take Friday off for a long weekend. Should be a fun game. I'll be watching on the telly.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Good question, I wonder that myself. Especially because since there are 82 games, 41 home games, the cost of Sabres season tickets can be 2-3x as much as BILLS season tickets!

Sabres season tickets are definitely tougher to do for an individual than Bills season tickets but with Sabres tickets I know a lot of people that get friends or family to split them with 

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Meatballs better rest Levi or this could burn out before he establishes himself. He's clearly not playing well yet we have 2 other goalies that just sit on the bench. Give UPL the next game please. 

Yeah it looks clear Levi needs a break.

I sure hope they aren’t planning to try and get 50(+) games out of him because that seems like a disaster waiting to happen. At most he should get 50% of the games, if that. He’s a 21yr old rookie stepping into the NHL straight from college (which is almost unheard of).

10 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah it looks clear Levi needs a break.

I sure hope they aren’t planning to try and get 50(+) games out of him because that seems like a disaster waiting to happen. At most he should get 50% of the games, if that. He’s a 21yr old rookie stepping into the NHL straight from college (which is almost unheard of).

Yeah, that was the first bad outing I've seen from him.

Was actually a little surprised to see him starting. I guess they were worried about sacrificing too many points early in the season so they pushed him a little too hard?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Yeah, that was the first bad outing I've seen from him.

Was actually a little surprised to see him starting. I guess they were worried about sacrificing too many points early in the season so they pushed him a little too hard?

Yeah, I am left trying to understand the point of keeping 3 goalies on the roster if they don’t even trust the other 2 to get spot starts… 🤷‍♂️

One of the most frustrating things about the Sabres, dating back a few years now, is that so few of their losses are after regulation. That loser point can go a long way in determining what teams sneak into the playoffs and which ones are left on the outside looking in.

Last night was a great example of them being unable to lock up at least a point in the 3rd period.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

One of the most frustrating things about the Sabres, dating back a few years now, is that so few of their losses are after regulation. That loser point can go a long way in determining what teams sneak into the playoffs and which ones are left on the outside looking in.

Last night was a great example of them being unable to lock up at least a point in the 3rd period.

Erik Johnson mentioned that in his post game interview.

He seems like he’s going to be a good influence for the younger players (as long as they listen to him). I love listening to his interviews. He definitely has a future in coaching and/or development if he wants it.

• Agree 1