All-Pro DT Chris Jones not at Chiefs Mandatory Minicamp

Big Turk

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not trying to hate, it's still Mahomes world and we're all living in it regardless.

But this is exactly what comes with the territory when you are in the midst of a dynasty and why the Patriots were able to weather similar storms through the years when Brady was there because they knew when to let veterans walk and not give them big paydays and contracts.

In CJ case though one could argue you kind of have to since he's the clear cut #2 DT in the NFL behind Donald and major reason why the Chiefs defense has been able to turn on switch come playoff time in all their SB runs.

I sure hope he doesn't land on in Miami because that roster is already among the best in the league, what I meant is being traded away like Hill instead instead of keeping him for big money.

Veach is the best in the business and not an idiot but as I mentioned in another poster, Chris Jones is the #2 DT and top 10 player in the NFL period and a big part of why they are in the midst of potential dynasty so it would be a much bigger roll of the dice to part ways with him like they did with Hill.

Lookit you go, I'm here for Miami signing all the older high prices FA bring it on 

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Chris Jones starts a GoFundMe for the Chiefs to be able to afford him. Normally, I'm on the side of an athlete making what he can. But this is a d*ck move IMO.

Please tell me you aren't dumb enough to believe that Chris Jones actually started that.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Yeah, that GoFundMe is just a joke. That’s why there’s no actual link to the GoFundMe. I’m guessing a fan just photoshopped a photo of Chris Jones onto a GoFundMe page and posted the picture of it as a joke.

edit - 

https://www.ky3.com/2023/08/18/jones-shoots-down-fake-gofundme-campaign-holdout-continues/#:~:text=A fan posted a photoshopped,helps%2C” the tweet read.

yep, that’s what happened.

Edited by BillsFan4

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

Hmm o guess I never thought about this. So what if it's just some schmo?  Does that schmo collect the money? Sorry suckers kind of thing?

Gofundme would cancel it and return the money.  They don’t allow this sort of thing.

Edited by Billl

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

Yeah, that GoFundMe is just a joke. That’s why there’s no actual link to the GoFundMe. I’m guessing a fan just photoshopped a photo of Chris Jones onto a GoFundMe page and posted the picture of it as a joke.

edit - 

https://www.ky3.com/2023/08/18/jones-shoots-down-fake-gofundme-campaign-holdout-continues/#:~:text=A fan posted a photoshopped,helps%2C” the tweet read.

We love our obviously fake news 

1 hour ago, BillsFan4 said:

edit - 

Oh man…..

some people really thought this was legit?🙈

Chris Jones saying he will sit out until week 8 to get the contract he wants seems like maybe the actual biggest story in the league right now.

They have won super bowls unfortunately so it will get downplayed but you cant just replace a guy like that and move on.

Just now, MikePJ76 said:

Chris Jones saying he will sit out until week 8 to get the contract he wants seems like maybe the actual biggest story in the league right now.

They have won super bowls unfortunately so it will get downplayed but you cant just replace a guy like that and move on.

Why would they talk about something that’s true when they can manufacture their own drama?  

Soap operas >>>>>>> reality tv

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Why would they talk about something that’s true when they can manufacture their own drama?  

Soap operas >>>>>>> reality tv

Yea its the game that gets played nationally.  

There is some truth to even the biggest nonsense though and that is how it continues.  In a few weeks we will have real games and this stuff will get sorted out.

15 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Of course we play them week 14... But maybe him sitting out costs them a couple extra games and the #1 seed becomes more attainable.

If anything, it will help the Chargers win the division and KC would have to settle for a WC.

30 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Veach is the best in the business but he's not going to win this game of chicken and will have to blink first if he wants one of the best players in the league back on this roster anytime soon...

27 minutes ago, Gregg said:

If anything, it will help the Chargers win the division and KC would have to settle for a WC.

As long as Mahomes is still standing upright they wont lose the division.

Edited by jletha
  • Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Of course we play them week 14... But maybe him sitting out costs them a couple extra games and the #1 seed becomes more attainable.

It’s funny. Home field….it doesn’t matter to me. However the possibility of playing one less game does. That’s the only reason I want the 1 seed. I couldn’t care less if we are home or away in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.