Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

52 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

calls are public record boss - you’d have the documentation and not just sketchy comments 

Umm, “boss,” local police sweep more under the rug than you’d ever believe…

Again, I don’t know whether any of this is true but it came, unsolicited, from two separate sources who don’t know each other but have some tie to local OP police.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

9 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Your Vikings fan is wrong about is own team. Diggs' unhappiness was due to the Vikings adopting an outdated run-first offense in a pass-centric league. And he was right. And all of those coaches were fired shortly after he was traded and they hired a new school, offensive-based, passing coach.

Being correct doesn't give you carte blanche to be a wiener. I keep reading, "well he is right" as if that is an excuse. It really isn't. 

• Like (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So...how does day 2 shape up. Get your predictions in NOW people!

I'm going with:

1: Diggs shows up.

2. Diggs even practices

3. The Diggs supporters go out of their way to say "SEE TOLD YA SO"

4. Diggs meets the media

5. Diggs says some weird stuff that's easy to read into.

6. Diggs detractors go out of their way to say "SEE TOLD YA SO"

Everyone wins. Everyone loses. Rinse repeat until the end of this run of practices.

I don't think it's going to be that simple. I wish it was. 

We have seen the distraction Diggs created in Minn. We have seen a level of immaturity on his part. I'd be pretty surprised if this goes away fast. 

It's likely to calm down and rear it's head several times throughout the season. I've seen this in the works starting last season. 

I don't think Diggs had the maturity level to let things go. Things will likely get worse in my opinion. 

Sadly, both sides really have no outs. 

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

So...how does day 2 shape up. Get your predictions in NOW people!

I'm going with:

1: Diggs shows up.

2. Diggs even practices

3. The Diggs supporters go out of their way to say "SEE TOLD YA SO"

4. Diggs meets the media

5. Diggs says some weird stuff that's easy to read into.

6. Diggs detractors go out of their way to say "SEE TOLD YA SO"

Everyone wins. Everyone loses. Rinse repeat until the end of this run of practices.

Pretty much.

I posted this yesterday, but this is what will happen: 

I’d be shocked if he is not at minicamp today.

Expect to begin hearing from media sources that this was all a big misunderstanding.

That is the PR team at PSE earning their money.

They will mobilize Sal Capaccio, Chris Brown, Steve Tasker, etc to begin “leaking” that it was not football related, and when asked, McBeane will say it’s in the past and they’re moving on and they will make no further comments.

On the flip side, Diggs agent will begin leaking to other reporters (Schaffer, Rappaport, etc) that Diggs was always willing to practice today but non-football matters kept him away, even though he REALLY wanted to be there.

And it’ll all get swept under the rug.

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I just find it really difficult to give a crap about Diggs after seeing a guy literally die on the field last year.

There is more to life than to give a crap about a multi-millionaire WR tantrum.  

I honestly feel like Diggs has never been satisfied or happy in his life for an extended period of time.  Seems like he is always seeking out the next issue within his mind.  I wish the guy would get some help because he has a great life and needs to enjoy it.

Come on now. Diggs stayed beyond at the hospital when Damar got hurt. He's not all bad. 

1 minute ago, BuffaloRebound said:

I wonder if Hopkins is waiting the Diggs situation out.  It’s really the only leverage the Bills have over Diggs.  Once Hopkins signs with someone, Diggs is free to go full Diva.  

I dont think Hopkins has anything to do with anything regarding this situation.

• Agree 2

My source, who is one of the top script writers in thevNFL said the league and his team of writers approached Diggs with a very generous offer to cause drama and add some juice to the off season until training camp

He's very reliable..

Diggs accepted. Boom. It's just part of the script, everyone can relax

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Everything in life is pretty simple. There are always a million variables in every situation. You just have to learn how to prioritize them. 

If there are a "million variables in every situation" to consider then is it really that simple? 

10 minutes ago, eball said:

Umm, “boss,” local police sweep more under the rug than you’d ever believe…

Again, I don’t know whether any of this is true but it came, unsolicited, from two separate sources who don’t know each other but have some tie to local OP police.

It was known in local circles in Orchard Park long before it was ever discussed on this board.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

I just find it really difficult to give a crap about Diggs after seeing a guy literally die on the field last year.

There is more to life than to give a crap about a multi-millionaire WR tantrum.  

I honestly feel like Diggs has never been satisfied or happy in his life for an extended period of time.  Seems like he is always seeking out the next issue within his mind.  I wish the guy would get some help because he has a great life and needs to enjoy it.

I agree with this, but not Diggs specifically. 

I still feel some exhaustion from last year. The whole thing just hits different still. I have been leaning into hockey quite a bit more than usual. 

Don't get me wrong, I am still here, and posting, and keeping track of everything. But the whole thing carries a lot less weight with me than it did before. 

19 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Your Vikings fan is wrong about is own team. Diggs' unhappiness was due to the Vikings adopting an outdated run-first offense in a pass-centric league. And he was right. And all of those coaches were fired shortly after he was traded and they hired a new school, offensive-based, passing coach.

You are incorrect he was starting to fade into the background target wise glad I could help  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.