Thanks coach McDermott… you’re one of the best coaches in the game.

Dopey

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao we are light years better from a front office , coaching and talent standpoint 

During the drought we went 15 years without having an all pro on defense

We literally have four on our defense right now… Three who have all prod  with the bills… and von miller 

and we have all pros in diggs and Allen 

Einstein this is a very dumb take

Mario Williams

21 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Mario Williams

Yea Mario and Marcel broke our all pro drought.. And Mario is the biggest disappointment of a talent ever not even 100 sacks

That’s two all pros, Gilmore didn’t all pro here … we have Matt Milano , poyer , hyde and Tre white and von miller 

Von is the only one who has not all prod with the bills

Edited by Buffalo716

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao we are light years better from a front office , coaching and talent standpoint 

During the drought we went 15 years without having an all pro on defense

We literally have four on our defense right now… Three who have all prod  with the bills… and von miller 

and we have all pros in diggs and Allen 

Einstein this is a very dumb take

Did you bother reading my “very dumb take”, or did you just rush to respond?

I’ll copy and paste a section…

“Put Josh Allen with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Travis Henry, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Lawyer Milloy, etc.”

Moulds was an All Pro (twice). Pat Williams too. Takeo Spikes too. Aaron Schobel too. Lawyer Milloy too. Clements was a Pro Bowler and DROY candidate.

We had almost the exact same amount of All Pro’s on that drought team as we did on this current team.

Know the difference?

Josh Allen.

We are better because of Josh Allen. The rest of the squad is not all that different from some (not all) of the drought teams.

5 hours ago, Dopey said:

From 20 year losers to regular division winners and SB contenders. 
Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEE!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

McDermott is not Dungy, and this comparison is really dumb.  Dungy was laid back, nice guy, everything-was-okay kind of guy.  McDermott is intense, demanding, and holds everyone accountable.  

As I've said before, McDermott would have a head coaching job within days after the Bills fire him.  

What?  Dungy's Tampa 2 defenses are what McDermott has been trying to copy his entire career.  He's actively trying to recreate it now.  Tony rose that Tampa franchise from the dead and made them into a perennial contender with Shaun King at QB.

He was hired by the Colts 8 days after being fired by Tampa.  Again, built the defense to keep pace with their offense and led them to a Lombardi.

You might wanna know what you're talking about before calling something dumb.

Edited by Chicken Boo

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

“Put Josh Allen with Lee Evans, Eric Moulds, Travis Henry, Pat Williams, Aaron Schobel, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, Nate Clements, Terrence McGee, Lawyer Milloy, etc.”

Moulds was an All Pro (twice). Pat Williams too. Takeo Spikes too. Aaron Schobel too. Lawyer Milloy too. Clements was a Pro Bowler and DROY candidate.

We had almost the exact same amount of All Pro’s on that drought team as we did on this current team.

Know the difference?

Josh Allen.

Put Josh Allen on the 2004 team and they are a Superbowl contender. But equally leave the entire roster the same and swap out Mularkey for McDermott and they are a playoff team. 

Both make a difference. Josh makes more of a difference, completely. Because QBs always matter more than coaches. That's the NFL. 

It is after 2004 for me. The dog days of the drought were 2005-2011. Those six seasons the team seemed constantly undertalented and the coaching was uninspiring. 2012-2016 the Bills with better coaching (and not starting a bad rookie QB in 2013) should have made at least 2 if not 3 postseasons. 

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Know the difference?

Josh Allen.

Eric moulds was a one time second team all pro… pat williams never first teamed or fletcher or schobel

And nobody’s disputing the teams from 99 too 2002 weren’t talented… we literally Lost in a fluke to the Titans who went to the Super Bowl

Obviously the 1999 team was talented enough to win it all

Poyer , tre , Milano all first teamed … not to mention hof von miller … not to mention Hyde and Allen and diggs on our roster 

We were 13 and three last year… And basically sucked for 17Straight before McD

What McDermott and beane done is nothing short of a miracle

Josh Allen could win a Super Bowl on a lot of rosters… past and present…That doesn’t say much

Edited by Buffalo716

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Eric moulds was a one time second team all pro

So now you’re moving the goal posts to “first team or nothing”? Interesting, considering you counted all the second team all-pro’s on the CURRENT team.

14 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

pat williams never first teamed or fletcher or schobel

And nobody’s disputing the teams from 99 too 2002 weren’t talented… we literally Lost in a fluke to the Titans who went to the Super Bowl

No one is talking about 1999.

2002, 2004, 2014

All teams that Allen would have taken to the playoffs.

There are probably a couple others, too.

Edited by Einstein

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So now you’re moving the goal posts to “first team or nothing”? Interesting, considering you counted all the second team all-pro’s on the CURRENT team.

No one is talking about 2009.

2002, 2004, 2014

I’m not discounting first or second team all pros

I’m saying Josh Allen could win with a lot of teams in a lot of eras And our current team has a lot of all pros

We’re not a whipping bag

You name seven players on the old teams like we don’t have seven phenomenal players today lol

And comparing eras is impossible… You can’t compare the NFL in 2002 to 2023

We will be Super Bowl contenders every year with Josh Allen

amd I never said 09… I said 99.. Which clearly was the closest Peak team to getting to the Super Bowl seeing as how we lost and the Titans almost won the SB

the 99 team would beat 02 team lol the 02 team let up 25 ppg hahahah

Edited by Buffalo716

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

2002, 2004, 2014

All teams McDermott would have taken to the playoffs too. I'd add 2012 and 2015 in there too. Allen would have had at least a couple of those teams in potential Superbowl contention but I think McDermott instead of Greggo, Mularkey, Gailey, Marrone and Rex and each of those rosters even with Bledsoe, Fitz, Orton and Tyrod would have been playoff bound. 

Just now, Einstein said:

So, you agree with me.

It’s Allen. Not McDermott.

No. It is more Allen. The QB always matters more. But it is both of them. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So, you agree with me.

It’s Allen. Not McDermott.

McDermotts is a miracle worker and you’re blind if you can’t see that

We went from the depths of despair to perennial contenders

He won with Tyrod Taylor

It always takes two to tango

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree with most of this although I don't really put 2020 on him either. I think the Chiefs were better coached in the game, no question (I actually think Spags > Dabes was the biggest coaching mismatch that day) but they were also just a more experienced, more talented team. You can't ignore than in 2020 they showed that in the regular season too. I don't think the Bills were 'ready' to beat the Chiefs that year. In 2021 and since we have been the better team in all 3 H2H meetings IMO.... though only narrowly in the playoff game.... and that is why it was close enough for the coaching blunders at the end to cost us. 

I agree, it’s really been the last 2 years they’ve not met expectations. Allen is too good to not be playing in Super Bowls and for that reason McBean are on the hot seat.

No title for Allen is an organizational disaster on par with Marino’s legacy, one championship is an organizational failure on par with Favre and Rodgers in GB.

To declare Allen’s career a organizational success story they need to win at least 2 titles, Allen is that good IMHO.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

What?  Dungy's Tampa 2 defenses are what McDermott has been trying to copy his entire career.  He's actively trying to recreate it now.  Tony rose that Tampa franchise from the dead and made them into a perennial contender with Shaun King at QB.

He was hired by the Colts 8 days after being fired by Tampa.  Again, built the defense to keep pace with their offense and led them to a Lombardi.

You might wanna know what you're talking about before calling something dumb.

Listen to Dungy talk.  Listen to McDermott.  They are two entirely different personalities.  

4 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Listen to Dungy talk.  Listen to McDermott.  They are two entirely different personalities.  

And I also don’t think he’s trying to recreate the Tampa 2 

sure he has elements of it … but … cmon

they aren’t close as humans 

Edited by Buffalo716

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. (Added HA HA HA HA HA)Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

I had a nicer version of this 3 weeks ago. @NewEra said it right. Ignore button is your friend.

Edited by PrimeTime101

6 hours ago, Dopey said:

Here ya go newcam2012, PBF81 and the like, flame away. I noticed a trend a while ago here. Any attempt at a positive thread MUST be shot down by negative Nancies. Hey Einstein, are the Bengals still better than the Bills? Thing is we’ve read your negative crap already. We know! We get it! You guys make this board a ***** place IMO. Go get laid or something. Life is awesome and it sucks that people like me stay away from this place to come  back a few weeks later and the same vocal group is writing the same 💩 as weeks ago. From what I read, Allen is the only good thing we have going for us. Last thought: you guys suck and it feels like you’re taking this site with you. Enjoy. 

They’re called Trolls.  If you feed them (I.e. respond to them) you only make them stronger.  If you ignore them, they’ll eventually go away.