Your favorite childhood/teenage shows and movies that didn't hold up well over time.

Royale with Cheese

Saved by the Bell was a favorite of mine, seen every episode but watched it a few days ago and man, it's terrible.  But for whatever reason, I kept watching.

Independence Day was huge when I was a teen.  It's the cheesiest movie maybe ever.  It's terrible.

Perfect Strangers...this one pains me.  It's terrible.

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

Lost in Space. 

Land of the lost too. 

Has anyone seen Escape From New York or the Warriors lately?  I loved them as a kid but probably not since the 80s. Seems they could be candidates.  Also, Big Trouble in Little China, no wait, I still love it!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Saved by the Bell was a favorite of mine, seen every episode but watched it a few days ago and man, it's terrible.  But for whatever reason, I kept watching.

Independence Day was huge when I was a teen.  It's the cheesiest movie maybe ever.  It's terrible.

I was a Saved By The Bell kid as well and share your sentiments.  I was dumb and impressionable enough as a kid I thought high school would resemble that show 😅

Home Alone actually seems pretty bad now to me.  The saving grace of the film to me is Kevin’s friendship with his neighbor 

• Like (+1) 1

Back when I was younger I used to watch a lot of action movies that I thought were just Bad A**!  But now I realize they were pretty crappy movies and that was an era trying to cash in on the Post Die Hard craze....movies like Con Air, Face/Off, Sudden Death, Double Team etc...

Looney tunes cartoons have mostly held up. Still witty slapstick and funny all these years later. But clearly Pepe le Pew has been cancelled as being overly aggressive with women

Alas also the Walt Disney classic "Dumbo" too  The talking crows are cancelled for being stereotypically racist / offensive to black people.

PS: I love me some pepe le pew AND the talking crows. "well Hush my beak""

😁

anyway.....

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Tiffani Thiessen was why I watched, cannot lie.

23 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

For me it's "Battle of the Planets" (also known as Gatchaman or G-Force).  I would wake up at 5am on Saturdays/Sundays to watch this anime extravaganza before my parents woke up-- and later watched the syndicated version on TBS.  15 years ago I bought the full DVD collection, and ended up hating it.

On 5/19/2023 at 5:48 PM, jayg said:

Land of the lost too. 

Has anyone seen Escape From New York or the Warriors lately?  I loved them as a kid but probably not since the 80s. Seems they could be candidates.  Also, Big Trouble in Little China, no wait, I still love it!

Watched both in the last couple of years and thought they both held up relatively well.

Warriors always was a little bit on the silly side with some of the weird themed gangs but I still enjoyed it.

Escape From NY held up great IMHO, aside from effects being dated it still came off as a great movie. 

However there are some I used to love that aren't the best as an adult. Probably watched Purple Rain dozens of times as a teen and loved every view but after a watch last year... not so much. Still love the music but the acting/writing are kind of cringe worthy now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 5/19/2023 at 1:07 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Go to YT and search for Zack Morris Is Trash.  Here’s a sample…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.