Matt Araiza

SCBills

21 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Proving my point again thanks 

I believe your “point” was that I called Araiza a bad person, which I clearly did not.  Based on this, I explained what I said in 3rd grade level step by step terms.  I politely offered to further clarify if you were still having trouble the 3rd grade level.  I have to say I’m surprised that you didn’t try to object to anything specific at all.  

Let’s try again:

I have no reason to believe Araiza is a bad person.

Does that help with your reading comprehension or should i spell it out with phonics?

I would say I’m curious about how you so badly misinterpreted what I wrote, but I’m not because nothing you wrote is based on any kind of logic at all.

1 hour ago, Bruffalo said:

You can't blame the Bills for dropping him when they did. I believed that it was the right move then and I still do.

Obviously this is a borked up situation, and I feel for him.  

Funny. You quote Bork... Yet think people will learn from this?  The vile slime that lets things like this happen are the narrative writers who sway public opinion based on their peebrain intellect.

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Speaking of which, given the amount of exculpatory evidence just furnished for use by his defense attorney, I’m surprised we haven’t heard anything from the plaintiff’s lawyer yet. He couldn’t keep his mouth shut previously. I look for him to drop the case against Araiza soon.

He'll probably wait until the last possible minute just to be a ***** and screw over Araiza WRT getting a(nother) job in the NFL. :rolleyes: 

6 hours ago, Mango said:

I think a key to this whole thing from a moral point of view is that the young girl was too drunk to give consent. I know a lot of people in a number of large athletic departments and they all mention this is taught to student athletes all year every year. I think a 17 year old telling multiple

people to “eff me now or you’re a *****” likely falls under that category. And as far as the room goes, any person is allowed to pull consent at any time. She has the right while getting double teamed to say no. And if those men don’t, that is assault. 

My first thought reading the article is that this seems to directly challenge statements made by Araiza himself to the police.

I can certainly get behind the fact that everything doesn’t add up from her side. But I also don’t think this article absolves SDSU football or SDSU police what so ever.  

As far as I am concerned my big take away is something’s don’t add up from Araiza, the young woman, and others. It isn’t that she wasn’t assaulted, it’s that there isn’t enough evidence to move forward. 

Actually she wasn't.  The videos show that.

4 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

A Tweet says he has proof he was elsewhere.  There have been lots of things said on Twitter by both sides, lots of conjecture and lots of fact twisting by both sides.  There has also been a lot biased and misleading statements by “journalists” like Tim Graham who don’t understand the meaning of “direct quote” or who do understand it and purposely misuse it.

You’ll pardon me if I’d prefer more than a tweet as “proof”.

Edit:  I see now that there is more than just the Tweet and that the article offers more and seemingly objective information.  I would still disagree with your statement of fact that he has proof he wasn’t there.  He may very well have that proof but the article does not offer anything that constitutes objective truth.

It’s clear his reputation was ruined by the Bills?  Shirley.

He has proof in the form of geolocation of his cell phone showing he had left the house before the festivities inside happened.  There are also no videos of her having sex inside with him in it.  And again, common sense and witnesses tell us that she told people she was 18.  He's as cleared as clear can be in such a case.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Given this, I don't see how he does not get an NFL contract this summer.

Why can’t it be us? We are the ones who got hurt the most from this outside of Araiza. We drafted him, spent a draft pick on him. I still can’t believe Beane or management still hasn’t made a statement on this. It’s so bad. 

• Disagree 1

19 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

So many "I told you so" holier-than-thou mouths piping up today... 

"During the call, Araiza acknowledged having sex with her, the lawsuit states, but later, when she asked him 'And did we have actual sex?' he responded 'This is Matt Araiza. I don't remember anything that happened that night' and hung up."

STILL doesn't change that fact as to what he said in that phone call. He may be innocent of the gang rape, but he's not 100% innocent in the entire affair.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-11149189/Bills-punter-Matt-Araiza-told-rape-accuser-17-tested-STDs.html

That was her lawyer’s re-telling of the contents of the phone call.  It was not a recording heard by a reporter, it was not a police transcript.  It was her lawyer, giving his account of the call.  Can you see a difference here?

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

He'll probably wait until the last possible minute just to be a ***** and screw over Araiza WRT getting a(nother) job in the NFL. :rolleyes: 

He has proof in the form of geolocation of his cell phone showing he had left the house before the festivities inside happened.  There are also no videos of her having sex inside with him in it.  And again, common sense and witnesses tell us that she told people she was 18.  He's as cleared as clear can be in such a case.

I must have missed the geolocation in the article.  All I saw was his friend’s account and “other” information.

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Why can’t it be us? We are the ones who got hurt the most from this outside of Araiza. We drafted him, spent a draft pick on him. I still can’t believe Beane or management still hasn’t made a statement on this. It’s so bad. 

Possibly Araiza could have ill feelings toward the Bills.  But I just don't see the Bills doing that....if anything in hindsight the Bills could have tried to put him on a list (commisioners list type thing) until this got sorted out.

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

The videos show her BAC at the time of the alleged gang rape?

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Possibly Araiza could have ill feelings toward the Bills.  But I just don't see the Bills doing that....if anything in hindsight the Bills could have tried to put him on a list (commisioners list type thing) until this got sorted out.

The Commissioner puts players on the exempt list.  Teams do not have that ability.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I must have missed the geolocation in the article.  All I saw was his friend’s account and “other” information.

It was in the article I linked a few weeks back.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, boyst said:

Funny. You quote Bork... Yet think people will learn from this?  The vile slime that lets things like this happen are the narrative writers who sway public opinion based on their peebrain intellect.

I never said anyone would learn anything from this, just that given the information the Bills had at the time and the fact that Araiza was under a major civil suit, that it was justifiable and probably the right thing to release him.  

When this all came up I even stated that I wished there was a "administrative leave" designation for players undergoing an ordeal just like this, where they wouldn't be paid but not have to be released.

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The videos show her BAC at the time of the alleged gang rape?

They show her not being heavily inebriated or resisting having sex.  Hence the reason they couldn't even charge the guys she did have sex with inside the house with anything.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bruffalo said:

I never said anyone would learn anything from this, just that given the information the Bills had at the time and the fact that Araiza was under a major civil suit, that it was justifiable and probably the right thing to release him.  

When this all came up I even stated that I wished there was a "administrative leave" designation for players undergoing an ordeal just like this, where they wouldn't be paid but not have to be released.

oh, please do not think i was aiming my statement at you. i was aiming it all of the people who aren't going to come in here or reply.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, prissythecat said:

You do understand the concept of at will employment right?  The Bills owe nothing to Araiza and he has no basis to sue them.

While apology isn’t OWED, it doesn’t mean it wouldn’t be the right thing to do.

13 hours ago, boyst said:

Tomorrow I may take some time while slow working to dig up and tag everyone who came full buckshot after this from that thread.  Simply request an updated quote or thought and issue an apology to him, the community, and real victims. 

Start with TBD resident troll @Mr. WEO

Edited by JayBaller10

32 minutes ago, Doc said:

They show her not being heavily inebriated or resisting having sex.  Hence the reason they couldn't even charge the guys she did have sex with inside the house with anything.

There is a sex tape from these events? The only video I'm aware of is when she was "interviewed" for lack of a better term on the porch of the house party where she seems sober enough and claims to be 18.  Obviously, people who were sober earlier in the evening could be too drunk to give consent later in the evening through continual consumption of alcohol and controlled substances.  

EDIT: read the article and there is a lot of video evidence indicating exactly what Doc said.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ProcessTruster said:

The guy's a heckuva talent.  Beane would need to have some real stones to step up and re sign him  say, in the interest of fairness.   I would doubt it.  

It’s why I’m not expecting anything. Courage isn’t the vibe I’m picking up from this franchise. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.