Matt Araiza

SCBills

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

She was underaged at a party with a lot of alcohol. You will never be able to convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt that she consented to every sexual act that night. Any prosecutor wouldn't even bother filing charges. In a perfect world there would be some kind of justice here, but ultimately everyone involved will just have to get on with their lives.

And everyone will go on with their life .. except Matt Araiza. 

Forget if he ever gets his career back .. that name on a resume is forever toxic. 

5 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Not in this case though, mountains of evidence showing it.  Let’s not forget, her own Journal stated she had no idea who led her to that room.  But in a civil suit for money, she lied and said it was him despite the fact he wasn’t even there.  

4 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Unless she was on video… Looking sober enough

Talking about how she hooked up with a bunch of guys… Lots of videos at parties

All this evidence is circumstantial. What we know is she was drunk and had sex with a few drunk guys at a party. There isn't enough real evidence to prove what happened in a court of law. I agree that all the information points to a girl who either went to the party with ulterior motives, or regretted her decisions the next morning and decided to pull other people down with her. But there's no chance you could convince a jury that this girl intentionally lied about how consensual the sex was. Consent is already a rather nebulous legal concept. Trying to prove how an individual feels about how much consent she gave is just impossible. If you could prove she wasn't there at all for example or never had sex that would be worth a defamation suit.

Trust me, I understand the urge to see justice done if this girl ruined several lives. But the legal system just isn't set up to manage these kinds of scenarios.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I was just coming here to post this!  I wonder how many people will actually read the undeniable facts that 100% clear him or just ignore them and ignorantly proclaim he’s guilty still.  

I can name a few that were spouting ignorance about this in the past couple of weeks proclaiming no charges filed doesn’t mean he is innocent and that he still likely did it.

I was right there saying the same thing and getting flamed for having the “audacity” to suggest we wait until we have real facts before ruining someone’s life.  In fact, there is a low life poster here who literally DM’d me, threatened me, and demanded to know what lot number I was going to be at so he could fight me over that.  I should have reported him, but didn’t…although I still have the DM.  Guarantee that ignorant fool doesn’t even apologize either.  

It's so ingrained in some people's thinking, planted there by ideological winds unfortunately, usually with no statistics to support it so they have to go hard. Sad story, good on you for being the bigger person and not entertaining it.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SCBills said:

And everyone will go on with their life .. except Matt Araiza. 

Forget if he ever gets his career back .. that name on a resume is forever toxic. 

I dunno, I think he'll get another shot since there's actual proof of innocence.  If you can get second chances in the NFL after domestic abuse and dog fighting, you should be able to get your career back on track after being proven innocent.

Edited by 1ManRaid
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

All this evidence is circumstantial. What we know is she was drunk and had sex with a few drunk guys at a party. There isn't enough real evidence to prove what happened in a court of law. I agree that all the information points to a girl who either went to the party with ulterior motives, or regretted her decisions the next morning and decided to pull other people down with her. But there's no chance you could convince a jury that this girl intentionally lied about how consensual the sex was. Consent is already a rather nebulous legal concept. Trying to prove how an individual feels about how much consent she gave is just impossible. If you could prove she wasn't there at all for example or never had sex that would be worth a defamation suit.

Trust me, I understand the urge to see justice done if this girl ruined several lives. But the legal system just isn't set up to manage these kinds of scenarios.

We know she says she was drunk

It’s also now been proven she has lied

What if she wasn’t even that drunk… or drunk at all… And concocted a story

Did she blow in a breathalyzer

Edited by Buffalo716

29 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

You weren't alone.  I was heavily in the "the evidence doesn't add up" camp.

I wasn't sure how the evidence lined up, I just knew I didn't have the facts and I wasn't going to roast a person for something I didn't have the facts on. People love to say, "Why would someone lie about that?". Newflash, people lie...all...the...time...  Wait for the facts to come out. I was might annoyed when the Bills cut him but that is the climate we live in unfortunately. Ruin a person's life just by alleging. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I was uncomfortable with Araiza being released by the Bills in the first place even though could understand why - it felt like guilty until proven innocent, as confirmed today. Would be nice to somehow see him back on the Bills roster but with budgets tight, he may have to wait for an opening and hope. I hope he manages to rebuild his career in the NFL after this.

I don’t know about in America but, in the U.K., convictions of rape are very low. Events such of these won’t help true victims come forward.

Edited by UKBillFan

“you were approaching men at the party saying, ‘I want you to [expletive] me and if you don’t [expletive] me you’re a [expletive].”

Unreal. I guess I was always a "ladies man" and wasn't interested in relationships with females, just hooking up and I've seen this behavior first hand, numerous times at parties with similar proposals

They're called whores. They get passed around.  They just want meaningless sex. Which is fine but I really feel bad for Punt God. A damn ***** literally cost this kid his reputation, career and $. Damn shame.  She should be prosecuted with all this evidence. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The evidence isn’t circumstantial at all. There is video of her with those she accused, plus some she didn’t, where she’s not drunk and not resisting. There’s also evidence she said she was 18. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just so we are on the same page here, I abhor this type of "Believe all women" mentality BS. It's because not only does it ruin peoples lives simply by alleging but it muddies the waters for others who have been raped and have an actual case. It's an absolute disgrace all around and those who do this should have the book thrown at them. 

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hopefully he gets his career back at least. He'll never be a Bill, but some NFL team should give him a shot.

I don't see any reason he could never be a Bill..

We did draft him. and this report clears his name with no doubt.  

• Agree 1

Just now, JerseyBills said:

I don't see any reason he could never be a Bill..

We did draft him. and this report clears his name with no doubt.  

The Billls signed Martin to a 3-year deal. 

• Like (+1) 1

I hate this for the young man and the Bills. They invested in what may have been a generational punter (I know, I know. He’s a punter) and his whole life was turned upside down. I was in the “wait and see” camp, but I understood there was really nothing the Bills could do that close to the season. Too much of a distraction for a title hopeful team. Little did we know that was only the beginning of last year’s unfortunate distractions.

Hopefully, he gets another shot. I’d be up for bringing him back on to battle Sam Martin in training camp. 

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lessons sure 

But his reputation has absolutely been impacted… Half of the country will never even hear that he was cleared and his name will always be synonymous with a rapist

He lost his career and millions of dollars

She should go to jail

19 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I typically think better of people who are innocent of rape over actual rapists.   That’s just me though .. to each, their own. 

It’s impacted for sure, but the truth is out. Maybe it’s because I never bought the stories in the beginning. I was neutral waiting for answers. But there were certainly people who were quicker to judge, and he WAS in fact harmed. 

Everybody will get what they deserve for this, in some way. 

Absolutely ridiculous and those dbags here who grabbed pitch forks ready to lynch this dude should be kicked in the nuts. They're the type never learns. They probably won't read this because Nancy Grace is on or some *****, but they deserve to have their noses rubbed in to just how wrong snap judgements are and the dangers of persecution.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 11

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.