Other than being a Ruuski

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

great i bought Eli Lilly at 305 about 6 most ago..   Big market for obesity and heard rumors about the new Alzheimers drug. I'll buy a drink in your honor.

When Covid hit and the market tanked all cruise lines (and airlines), I bought the hell out of it. Royal went from $125/share to $21. I bought as much as I could. It still has a ways to go from where it was but so far it's been a 275% increase. 

(this is how billionaires made even more money during Covid, which I'm sure you know)

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

When Covid hit and the market tanked all cruise lines (and airlines), I bought the hell out of it. Royal went from $125/share to $21. I bought as much as I could. It still has a ways to go from where it was but so far it's been a 275% increase. 

(this is how billionaires made even more money during Covid, which I'm sure you know)

high risk can sometimes equal high rewards...Don't like that much risk personally.  Won't be adding to their profits at the gaming tables.

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

It’s almost as if the real purpose is to restore the USSR and not about NATO…

So assuming that’s true, and I’m not saying it isn’t, then what in the world was Biden’s “small incursion” comment about? Hmmmm? 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Those regional banks that tanked the other day have already come back up 

6 hours ago, Irv said:

If Demented Biden and his lame ass buddies were not in office - no war, no deaths, no destruction, no money wasted.  It's that simple. 

Russia did not invade because of Biden. Putin has had his eyes on Ukraine for a long time. While people here won’t say they support Putin, if Trump were in office, Putin would own Ukraine now. Biden organized the allied opposition to the war crimes of Putin. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Russia did not invade because of Biden. Putin has had his eyes on Ukraine for a long time. While people here won’t say they support Putin, if Trump were in office, Putin would own Ukraine now. Biden organized the allied opposition to the war crimes of Putin. 

Sure! That sounds about right. I’m gonna use it three times in a sentence. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

Yes, that's why Putin tried to invade during Trump's Presidency.  I guess he was waiting for the next 4 years. :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, that's why Putin tried to invade during Trump's Presidency.  I guess he was waiting for the next 4 years. :lol:

If Trump handed Ukraine over to Putin during his first term - there would have been no chance in hell that Trump could win re-election.

Tell us faux Doc - why did Trumpy change the party platform on Ukraine in 2016?

Idiots 

44 minutes ago, BillStime said:

If Trump handed Ukraine over to Putin during his first term - there would have been no chance in hell that Trump could win re-election.

Tell us faux Doc - why did Trumpy change the party platform on Ukraine in 2016?

Idiots 

You REALLY need to go back and rewatch the Seinfeld episode where Mom and Pop own a shoe store. The silliness on here has reached an all time high. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

You REALLY need to go back and rewatch the Seinfeld episode where Mom and Pop own a shoe store. The silliness on here has reached an all time high. 

They still keep vainly trying to hold onto bogus theories as to why Putin only invaded under Dem Presidents.  It's comical, but in a different way than Seinfeld.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

They still keep vainly trying to hold onto bogus theories as to why Putin only invaded under Dem Presidents.  It's comical, but in a different way than Seinfeld.

As comical as you claiming to be an independent? 

10 hours ago, Doc said:

That was painful to listen to.  Clear your throat, Bob!  But otherwise spot on.

He’s got some rare throat disorder.  Not dementia though.  

12 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Hi. It’s the sand here.  Bring your head back down in here again.  What a mess.  

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Doc said:

That was painful to listen to.  Clear your throat, Bob!  But otherwise spot on.

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. suffers from a voice disorder called spasmodic dysphonia, also referred to as laryngeal dystonia. It is a disorder where a person's voice muscles contract involuntary, leading to a distorted voice.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

The war started because Russia needed more resources, more international prestige, and more people. Specifically more Orthodox Christians from Slavic ethnic groups.

Ukraine has all those things, and Russia though Ukraine would just roll over.

So war. 

And yet Putin still waited until his puppet was out of office before addressing those needs.

I wonder why that is?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

And yet Putin still waited until his puppet was out of office before addressing those needs.

I wonder why that is?

Probably because Trump planned to withdraw the US from NATO (either severely weakening or ending the alliance), which would be a bigger victory for Putin than taking Ukraine.

Since he lost the election instead because everyone was tired of his crap, Putin decided to continue trying to reconstitute the Russian Empire as consolation. 

Had Trump won, he probably would have waited until the US had withdrawn from NATO and then invaded. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Probably because Trump planned to withdraw the US from NATO (either severely weakening or ending the alliance), which would be a bigger victory for Putin than taking Ukraine.

Since he lost the election instead because everyone was tired of his crap, Putin decided to continue trying to reconstitute the Russian Empire as consolation. 

Had Trump won, he probably would have waited until the US had withdrawn from NATO and then invaded. 

The source on that? Anti-Trump 'journalists' from the Post and NYT... via 'anonymous sources' who were 'supposedly' White House aides. 

That's what we call... hearsay.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The source on that? Anti-Trump 'journalists' from the Post and NYT... via 'anonymous sources' who were 'supposedly' White House aides. 

Didn’t realize John Bolton was anonymous and didn’t work in the White House. 

Also, Trump criticized NATO and his America First philosophy involved withdrawing the US from the world stage. 

It’s perfectly reasonable for someone to expect that he would do something that he clearly wanted to do. 

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Also, Trump criticized NATO and his America First philosophy involved withdrawing the US from the world stage. 

It’s perfectly reasonable for someone to expect that he would do something that he clearly wanted to do. 

You have got to be kidding me. Trump criticized our NATO allies for not "paying their fair share". I thought you liked that sort of rhetoric.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Didn’t realize John Bolton was anonymous and didn’t work in the White House. 

He criticized, maybe you disagree with his argument, that we were fitting most of the bill for NATO while other nations did very little and reaped the rewards of our military and $$$$

Germany and the US now pay around 16% of the operating costs. That's because Trump called out the BS. Before that, 3.3% of the GDP went to NATO (from the US). Germany was giving 1.2% (less than the agreed 2% for NATO nations). Of all 29 NATO allies at the time, the U.S. defense budget accounts for about two-thirds of that total.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You have got to be kidding me. Trump criticized our NATO allies for not "paying their fair share". I thought you liked that sort of rhetoric.

And refused to commit to abiding by Article V.

Come on, you cannot possibly believe that Trump didn’t want to pull out of NATO. His whole thing was about withdrawing the US from global hegemony and getting rid of multilateral deals in favor of transactional one-on-one relationships. Our allies were publicly worried he would withdraw from NATO and there’s no way Putin wasn’t aware of that. 

• Dislike 1

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

He criticized, maybe you disagree with his argument, that we were fitting most of the bill for NATO while other nations did very little and reaped the rewards of our military and $$$$

Germany and the US now pay around 16% of the operating costs. That's because Trump called out the BS. Before that, 3.3% of the GDP went to NATO (from the US). Germany was giving 1.2% (less than the agreed 2% for NATO nations). Of all 29 NATO allies at the time, the U.S. defense budget accounts for about two-thirds of that total.

He also warned Germany about putting all of their energy eggs in Russia's pipeline basket. They, of course, laughed at him. Fools! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

RFK nails it. 

Wait, don't tell me, he's a right wing Putin lover right?

He's 1000% right. This is a US v Russia proxy war and we could have helped prevent it... but Biden wants a war. He wants Putin gone and he doesn't care how many lives it costs. This is W. x 1000 because despite how many people died in the war vs Iraq, we get into a direct war with Russia due to NATO and Biden, we could see billions die.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

And refused to commit to abiding by Article V.

Come on, you cannot possibly believe that Trump didn’t want to pull out of NATO. His whole thing was about withdrawing the US from global hegemony and getting rid of multilateral deals in favor of transactional one-on-one relationships. Our allies were publicly worried he would withdraw from NATO and there’s no way Putin wasn’t aware of that. 

Sure! That sounds about right. I'm going to use it three times in a sentence until I know that it's true. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

27 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Ever hear of General John Kelly? John Bolton?  

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Ever hear of General John Kelly? John Bolton?  

I have heard of Bolton.  He's a big neocon war instigator and advocate most recently seen in Taiwan meeting with government officials there to stir up trouble with mainland China.  Why engage in supporting one unwinnable war when you can have two or three?  

What I can't figure is how anyone assessing the current situation can conclude the war in Ukraine has provided any positive outcomes for our country.  Our standing with allies and enemies alike has declined.  Our leader is a feeble old fool fronting as President for some person(s) behind the scenes setting policy.  A palace coup in progress.  Every policy initiate domestic and international is a failure.  Russia, China, Iran, India, and others have formed solid alliances.  Both economic and military. Many countries are contemplating an exit from the dollar system because of concerns with sanctions and asset seizures if they anger Washington.  Something they would have never entertained before.  I can't think of a single country where our strategic relations are better.        

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I have heard of Bolton.  He's a big neocon war instigator and advocate most recently seen in Taiwan meeting with government officials there to stir up trouble with mainland China.  Why engage in supporting one unwinnable war when you can have two or three?  

What I can't figure is how anyone assessing the current situation can conclude the war in Ukraine has provided any positive outcomes for our country.  Our standing with allies and enemies alike has declined.  Our leader is a feeble old fool fronting as President for some person(s) behind the scenes setting policy.  A palace coup in progress.  Every policy initiate domestic and international is a failure.  Russia, China, Iran, India, and others have formed solid alliances.  Both economic and military. Many countries are contemplating an exit from the dollar system because of concerns with sanctions and asset seizures if they anger Washington.  Something they would have never entertained before.  I can't think of a single country where our strategic relations are better.        

Investing in democracy pays out in the long run big time. Increases the human capital of the world, the peace and good order and promotes more human rights. 

• Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Investing in democracy pays out in the long run big time. Increases the human capital of the world, the peace and good order and promotes more human rights. 

Peace through constant engagement in warfare.  Yes!  Thank you for that public service announcement.  We now return our audience to reality.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

He also warned Germany about putting all of their energy eggs in Russia's pipeline basket. They, of course, laughed at him. Fools! 

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Peace through constant engagement in warfare.  Yes!  Thank you for that public service announcement.  We now return our audience to reality.

That's their agenda.  If we have constant small wars, it prevents the big world wars.  

The mic loves it 

6 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

This republic was forged during war. Putin’s n hopes you guys let a republic fall, 

Yes, you and Putin 

7 hours ago, Irv said:

He’s got some rare throat disorder.  Not dementia though.  

Hi. It’s the sand here.  Bring your head back down in here again.  What a mess.  

7 hours ago, ALF said:

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. suffers from a voice disorder called spasmodic dysphonia, also referred to as laryngeal dystonia. It is a disorder where a person's voice muscles contract involuntary, leading to a distorted voice.

Ooops, my bad.  I could have sworn I've heard him talk normally.  

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

What does NATO have to do with Ukraine?  The answer: nothing.  They weren't a member so even if we were to believe that Trump was going to disband NATO (he couldn't even if he wanted to) wouldn't have meant a damn thing.  And Bolton's "Trump might have pulled the US out of NATO" is about as worthless and the paper it was printed in.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Doc said:

What does NATO have to do with Ukraine?  The answer: nothing.  They weren't a member so even if we were to believe that Trump was going to disband NATO (he couldn't even if he wanted to) wouldn't have meant a damn thing.  And Bolton's "Trump might have pulled the US out of NATO" is about as worthless and the paper it was printed in.

Bolton is a hack.  He's always been a hack.  He made up lies to sell his crappy book.  Dude will say anything.  What a mess.  

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Doc said:

Glad you agree that NATO had nothing to do with Ukraine. It’s clearly not why Putin invaded. 

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

This republic was forged during war. Putin’s n hopes you guys let a republic fall, 

Yes, you and Putin 

If you're paying attention you might notice what a fine and outstanding job the Biden administration is doing to "let the republic fail" all by themselves.  No help is required.  And what you and the rest of the warmongers don't get is that in the current version of that historical 1776 event most of the world views us as the British.  Seeing and speaking the truth and reality is not supporting some foreign adversary, its called self-awareness. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills