Bills use of stunts

BobbyC81

I don’t follow games as intently as I used to, but I seem to recall that the Bills defense generally rushes 4, with no stunts, vs 5 offensive line blockers and occasionally a TE or RB.  Most of their sacks came from great coverage where the pass rushers eventually got to the QB.  Is this true?

Also, does anyone remember, during that period when McD took the defensive calls away from Frazier, did he change it up more with stunts and blitzes?

37 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

They stunt sometimes. Not a whole lot, but they do it.

Randomly picked the last game of the year and went looking. Found two in the first half, and stopped looking.

First quarter 13:56 and second quarter 0:16.

This is what I noticed in the past. They sometimes blitz too. The Cincy playoff game was an exception in that they blitzed a lot in it especially as it progressed. An issue the past 5 seasons was that Edmunds was on the field almost 100% of the time and he was absolutely horrible at blitzing. Hopefully whomever claims the MLB spot can be effective at it.

They have blitzed an CB occasionally and it has been effective. In part that’s probably because they don’t do it a ton. 

19 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

I don’t follow games as intently as I used to, but I seem to recall that the Bills defense generally rushes 4, with no stunts, vs 5 offensive line blockers and occasionally a TE or RB.  Most of their sacks came from great coverage where the pass rushers eventually got to the QB.  Is this true?

Also, does anyone remember, during that period when McD took the defensive calls away from Frazier, did he change it up more with stunts and blitzes?

You might find this Cover1 piece of interest, discussing how McDermott's defenses in Philly and in Carolina created pressure

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.