New Nike FUSE jersey template forces some uni changes

UConn James

Per Paul Lukas’s Uni Watch page:

Ugh — hate the way the new collar interrupts the striping. Somewhat incredibly, this will be the fifth different collar/striping treatment the Bills have had since switching to their current uniform set in 2011.

Though Lukas doesn’t mention it here as he does for several other teams, the new template also seems to push the BILLS chest wordmark down lower due to the collar change. (I’m not a fan of these wordmarks, small or large. But at least we don’t have BUFFALO emblazoned across the chest like the recent ARIZONA reveal. Act like you’re in the big league, not some D-3 team that feels they need to remind everyone what ass-crack part of the country they’re located in.) So we’re back to a bit of the incomplete toilet seat collar, albeit slightly less obnoxious in width than last time.

I share the SMH 🤦‍♂️ about so many collar styles — there is a photo set showing the line-up — in the course of 10 years since the change from the navy monstrosities. IMO, it would be a better look to just go with a same color as the jersey collar, like with the 64-65 throwback sets, rather than something that changes so often with the whims of Nike design.

There’s also curiously been no word yet about a possible Kelly-era red helmet throwback set. A couple-few  teams that didn’t have enough time after the league dropped the one-shell rule last June have announced this offseason they’ll be adding throwbacks / alternates using a second helmet color.

Edited by UConn James
  • Like (+1) 2

• UConn James changed the title to New Nike FUSE jersey template forces some uni changes

Not sure why Nike can’t just continue the stripe even with the change. The Saints stripe is the same color all the way around (I know it’s a single color). But if you’re the official uniform of the NfL, you make it look good. Disappointed Nike couldn’t make it work. 

toilet seat look is awful

• Like (+1) 2

I've hated the Bills uniforms since the 2002 switch. 

The 1990's red helmets, white face masks, red end-zones. 

That's the Bills. 

Ever since 2002 its been ugly, gray has worked its way in and out of the jersey, drab dark blue, Bills logo on the back of the jersey, down the pant leg, "Bills" on the front. It's bloated. 

The red helmets popped. 

2 minutes ago, Gary Marangi said:

bills-blue-672x684.jpeg

bills-white-672x688.jpeg

Aside from the vulgar commode comparison, it also suggests an old style collar. All you need is a tie.

Not a great look, but I don't think it justifies nostalgia for the red helmets. (I prefer nostalgia for the standing buffalo.)

I thought this look was justifiably gone forever. At least it’s a little less pronounced than it used to be, but it looked so stupid when every team had colors like this a few years ago. No clue why they wouldn’t just keep the collar running right into the NFL logo.

1 hour ago, UConn James said:

Per Paul Lukas’s Uni Watch page:

Though Lukas doesn’t mention it here as he does for several other teams, the new template also seems to push the BILLS chest wordmark down lower due to the collar change. (I’m not a fan of these wordmarks, small or large. But at least we don’t have BUFFALO emblazoned across the chest like the recent ARIZONA reveal. Act like you’re in the big league, not some D-3 team that feels they need to remind everyone what ass-crack part of the country they’re located in.) So we’re back to a bit of the incomplete toilet seat collar, albeit slightly less obnoxious in width than last time.

I share the SMH 🤦‍♂️ about so many collar styles — there is a photo set showing the line-up — in the course of 10 years since the change from the navy monstrosities. IMO, it would be a better look to just go with a same color as the jersey collar, like with the 64-65 throwback sets, rather than something that changes so often with the whims of Nike design.

There’s also curiously been no word yet about a possible Kelly-era red helmet throwback set. A couple-few  teams that didn’t have enough time after the league dropped the one-shell rule last June have announced this offseason they’ll be adding throwbacks / alternates using a second helmet color.

Just get rid of the white collar for chrissakes.    It's unnecessary and leads to these popped collar and polo shirt looking necks.   Those 2012 ones were worse........truly terrible........but this just isn't a good look either.

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.