Rodgers Traded to Jets Officially

Dablitzkrieg

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Right.......that is the end of a response to your claims that the Bills division winning results are fraudulent because they haven't had to play elite QB's in their division.  

Which neglects the fact that the Chiefs have had a cake walk schedule of non-elite QB'd teams in their division since before Mahomes entered the league 6 years ago.   

I know you and @Zerovoltz come here because your Chiefs sites are full of garbage illogical posts from idiots who don't get the nuance of the game.   But you're not making much sense here either.  

You've determined that to your casual fans eye that the Bills are circling the drain and old.   So rather than realizing that the facts are that the Bills have beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead two straight seasons and have had the highest point differential in the NFL in that time period you are making a broad assumption that they have cycled out simply because they didn't beat your team in the playoffs.

The reality is that they are still rightfully one of the strongest SB favorites.  Just like the Chiefs still were even though they blew a 24 point lead the AFCCG and got rid of Tyreek and Mathieu while there was a general perception that the AFC West had CLEARLY improved themselves across the board.......just like the Dolphins and Jets have!  

If you aren't worried about the Jets as a Chiefs fan then there certainly isn't any reason for the Bills to be. :lol: 

For the record....I think the Jets are overrated...both before and after the Rodgers trade.  MAYBE if Rodgers has something left the jets grab the 6 or 7 seed....but that is the same situation many AFC teams are in.  

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It helps that the Jets have had multiple first rounders and are always picking near the top of the draft. We'll see how it turns out. I'm not sold on 39 year old Rodgers. If he plays well, the Jets are dangerous. 

Lots of Packers fans pissed off from his press conference I’ll bet 

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Right.......that is the end of a response to your claims that the Bills division winning results are fraudulent because they haven't had to play elite QB's in their division.  

Which neglects the fact that the Chiefs have had a cake walk schedule of non-elite QB'd teams in their division since before Mahomes entered the league 6 years ago.   

I know you and @Zerovoltz come here because your Chiefs sites are full of garbage illogical posts from idiots who don't get the nuance of the game.   But you're not making much sense here either.  

You've determined that to your casual fans eye that the Bills are circling the drain and old.   So rather than realizing that the facts are that the Bills have beaten the Chiefs in Arrowhead two straight seasons and have had the highest point differential in the NFL in that time period you are making a broad assumption that they have cycled out simply because they didn't beat your team in the playoffs.

The reality is that they are still rightfully one of the strongest SB favorites.  Just like the Chiefs still were even though they blew a 24 point lead the AFCCG and got rid of Tyreek and Mathieu while there was a general perception that the AFC West had CLEARLY improved themselves across the board.......just like the Dolphins and Jets have!  

If you aren't worried about the Jets as a Chiefs fan then there certainly isn't any reason for the Bills to be. :lol: 

It’s simply not true that you were responding to me making a comment about the quality of the QBs the Bills have faced.  You brought that up out of thin air that people won’t respect the Jets or Dolphins until they win a division against an elite QB.  My response was that the Bills haven’t won a division with a good opposing QB.  I was responding to you, not the other way around.

Congrats on the regular season wins and point differential championships, though.  I’ve got to admit I’m a little confused as to why the Chiefs should be more concerned about the Jets than the Bills.  I mean, the Bills play the Jets twice a year.  The Chiefs do play them in NY this season, and that’s a very loseable game.

1 minute ago, Billl said:

It’s simply not true that you were responding to me making a comment about the quality of the QBs the Bills have faced.  You brought that up out of thin air that people won’t respect the Jets or Dolphins until they win a division against an elite QB.  My response was that the Bills haven’t won a division with a good opposing QB.  I was responding to you, not the other way around.

Congrats on the regular season wins and point differential championships, though.  I’ve got to admit I’m a little confused as to why the Chiefs should be more concerned about the Jets than the Bills.  I mean, the Bills play the Jets twice a year.  The Chiefs do play them in NY this season, and that’s a very loseable game.

It's rhetorical judo, not karate.

Nice snide underhanded compliment to begin the second paragraph. Not sure who is ahead on points, but if it's a knife fight I'm going with BADOLBILZ.

7 minutes ago, Billl said:

I like how you have previously said that the Bills are a team you root for after the Chiefs, but then spew the vitriol starting the 2nd paragraph. You seem like nothing but a troll. I don't post a ton here, but it seems clear that if there is a classy Chiefs supporter on the board it is Zerovoltz and not you

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, nucci said:

Hackett just has to call plays now, not manage the whole game. Much easier

He didn't call the offensive plays in Green Bay as HC Matt LaFleur called them.

I do believe his last stint as OC who called the offensive plays was with Jacksonville...where his ole bud St Doug fired him. 

EDIT: Oh, BTW Hackett called the offensive plays in Denver. Then after going 3-6, he had Klint Kubiak (the passing game coordinator) call the offensive plays. Meanwhile, it was noted that at some point during last season, QB Russell Wilson was calling plays from the Seattle playbook.

This season should be interesting. 

Edited by Nihilarian
  • Like (+1) 2

Blowhard Rex Ryan thinks the Jets have the better QB. Here is the quote.

Wearing a Jets jacket and his dads superbowl III ring

Ryan threw the word “we” around a lot in his excitement on ESPN’s “Get Up”:

“This happens to be Super Bowl III, my dad’s Super Bowl ring right there. And why am I wearing it? Because the Jets are going. Watch out, everybody. Here come the Jets! Here come the Jets! Right now, we haven’t had this type of quarterback maybe ever, since [Joe] Nameth or whatever, or maybe ever. This is it. This is the missing piece for the New York Jets right here. Guess what all you fans in the AFC East: it ain’t no fun when the rabbit’s got the gun. Because we’ve got the gun right now, and it is on. Our defense is better than yours, our quarterback is better than yours. It is on ... Here we come Jets.”

• Haha (+1) 1

Going to need someone to explain how the Jets are dealing with a $107M cap hit next year.  

I’ll assume void years, as the most positive Jets fan likely hopes Rodgers plays this year and next.  

Pay him 50M next year and then take on 25M in dead cap for ‘24 and ‘25?

Just now, stevewin said:

All I know is a few days in and I've already had my limit of Rodgers/Jets media coverage :sick:

Wait until the season starts. It will be 24-7-365 singing the praises of the Jets from all of the media "experts". 

14 hours ago, Billl said:

Meanwhile, the Bills fielded a team of veterans who were a finished product week 1.  The problem is that they started to show their age as the season progressed.  Guys like Miller, White, Hyde, and Poyer were useless by the end of the year and they won’t be younger nor have less wear and tear on them next season.  So I guess it makes sense that you’d prefer to talk about week 3 of the regular season than the postseason, but I think we both know what presents a clearer picture of where each team is going forward.  That brings us back to my point in this thread.  The Jets have a solid roster loaded with young talent.  Adding an elite, HOF QB to the mix absolutely makes them serious contenders for the division.

Miller & Hyde suffered season ending injury's.  It happens to veteran players and young players alike - you know just like the Jets rookie RB. And White was coming back from a serious knee injury.  Let's see how effective right from the get go the Jets rookie RB is coming off his knee injury.

You are correct about the Bills fielding a veteran team at the start of last season and then sticking with them through the season.  This is a legitimate criticism of McD who is reluctant to give rookies/young players meaningful playing time. But I'm confident given his comments this off season and the example of the Chiefs using rookies all over the field that McD is going to change and play the young guys sooner and more often.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, stevewin said:

All I know is a few days in and I've already had my limit of Rodgers/Jets media coverage :sick:

It will only get worse and more obnoxious. But in the end I believe that it will go more along the lines of Denver & Wilson:  a lot of sound & fury swirling around the hype followed by a dismal under performing of bloated expectations.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

For the record....I think the Jets are overrated...both before and after the Rodgers trade.  MAYBE if Rodgers has something left the jets grab the 6 or 7 seed....but that is the same situation many AFC teams are in.  

I agree.  Over the years I have seen plenty of teams with the talent to make deep playoff runs held back by bad QB play.  But those teams still would win 10 or 11 games while making early exits as a wildcard from the playoffs.  But the Jets went 7 - 10 with a miracle win over Cleveland.  If they were truly loaded with talent and had great coaching even with poor QB play they would have done better then that.

And like you I also think that with Rogers the Jets are at best a 9 to 10 win team that might sneak into the playoffs.

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

It will only get worse and more obnoxious. But in the end I believe that it will go more along the lines of Denver & Wilson:  a lot of sound & fury swirling around the hype followed by a dismal under performing of bloated expectations.

I don't think it will be as big a tire fire, but to me there's a real wildcard if things go a little sideways with Aaron starting to pout and the NYC media honeymoon ending adding more fuel to the fire.  Add in Hackett - it could really go downhill fast.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Did anyone see the Rodgers cap hit got pushed to ‘24 and per CBSSporstline it’s ONE HUNDRED SEVEN MILLION for that year!!! Wow, they will be forced into eating $ on him for years. 

Yeah thats a huge deal for both them and GB, assuming that was part of the holdup in trade too.  GB now doesn't have to "eat" any money....and Jets take on the full portion of his contract.

Jets certainly restructure next year, but that cap burden is likely 2-3 years away from really hitting them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.