Stank Fish sign Chosen Anderson

NewEra

12 hours ago, NewEra said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-wr-chosen-robbie-anderson/

Money not announced.  Very solid signing if it’s 1.7M or less. I’m not a fan of the guy but they don’t have much at WR outside hill, waddle and Berrios.   Cedrick Wilson couldn’t even beat out Sherfield for WR3.  

Decent pickup for them if his head's in the game.  He managed a 1000 yd season with Teddy Bridgewater throwing to him, as the #2 WR.  Decent seasons with the Jets as well for an undrafted guy.

IIRC speed is his thing, so at 29 the issue is whether or not he's still got the same wheels.

11 hours ago, Nelius said:

When did this nut change his name to Chosen hahaha. If he's still got speed it makes sense. Replaces Sherfield.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-add-chosen-anderson-veteran-wide-receiver-reveals-he-is-signing-with-miami/

This is the guy Wilks threw out of the game in Carolina after he got into it with his position coach on the sidelines.  Next day, the Panthers traded him to AZ for a 2024 6th and a 2025 7th round pick.  The Panthers ate $19M of dead cap in the deal.  I don't know the details, but reportedly he had some kind of trouble with the Jets and with his college team as well.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2023 at 12:16 AM, NewEra said:

https://nfltraderumors.co/dolphins-signing-wr-chosen-robbie-anderson/

Money not announced.  Very solid signing if it’s 1.7M or less. I’m not a fan of the guy but they don’t have much at WR outside hill, waddle and Berrios.   Cedrick Wilson couldn’t even beat out Sherfield for WR3.  

what else do they need?  that combo had almost 3100 yards and 300 targets.

I honestly had no idea that he had changed his name but man has his stock gone way down. I don't know how he'll fit Miami's scheme but kudos to them taking a chance on him as to me veterans off more 1 year upside than most rookies. That said Miami needs help at OL, TE and RB too. 

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

what else do they need?  that combo had almost 3100 yards and 300 targets.

If they want to stay a top passing team, someone to catch the other 1411 yds and 284 targets.  Was this a trick question?

Sherfield and Gesicki had >100 targets and 779 yds of these, so they need to replace that production somehow.

In theory, as a ceiling Chosen Anderson is capable of that kind of production on his own (2017-2020) or, as a base, the production replacing one of the two.

The last couple years and especially last season, his production went down and his nuisance factor went up, so, we'll see.

29 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

If they want to stay a top passing team, someone to catch the other 1411 yds and 284 targets.  Was this a trick question?

Sherfield and Gesicki had >100 targets and 779 yds of these, so they need to replace that production somehow.

In theory, as a ceiling Chosen Anderson is capable of that kind of production on his own (2017-2020) or, as a base, the production replacing one of the two.

The last couple years and especially last season, his production went down and his nuisance factor went up, so, we'll see.

It's not hard to put in a half decent vet to get to Sherfield's numbers.  Gesicki was underutilized because....well, with 2 guys generating nearly unprecedented (only 2 other duos in NFL history have had more yards in a single season) yardage, they didn't need to call the TE's number very often.   Cedric Wilson is right there for those crumbs.

This was my point...beyond Waddle/Hill, they don't need much else. 

• Eyeroll 1

28 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's not hard to put in a half decent vet to get to Sherfield's numbers.  Gesicki was underutilized because....well, with 2 guys generating nearly unprecedented (only 2 other duos in NFL history have had more yards in a single season) yardage, they didn't need to call the TE's number very often.   Cedric Wilson is right there for those crumbs.

This was my point...beyond Waddle/Hill, they don't need much else. 

So that's what this guy is - a half-decent vet with the potential (if he returns to form) to be a decent vet.

And yes, they do need several of those behind their stars.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/16/2023 at 6:25 AM, gonzo1105 said:

Robbie Anderson has been living off of one season his whole career. An overrated malcontent to the core 

I mean - his best season came after he left the jets though.  

In any case - he's basically a slightly younger John Brown.  Anderson's been pretty lousy the last 2 seasons. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.