London Updated

corta765

On 5/13/2023 at 1:40 PM, Big Turk said:

Also sucks the Jags are playing back to back weeks in London and will be there waiting for the Bills. NFL seemingly trying to hand the Bills an L or tell them they are good enough to win anyway so it won't be a big deal.

It had to be someone.  It would’ve been a bad idea to have Jax make two separate trips to london. This was the only way.  We drew the shaper straw.  

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

It had to be someone.  It would’ve been a bad idea to have Jax make two separate trips to london. This was the only way.  We drew the shaper straw.  

It's actually likely more than that.

Jags are building a new stadium and will need a place to play for 2 years.

This is likely a test to see if it is feasible for the Jags to play in London and the only feasible way that makes sense is for them to play all their road games first where they would be based out of Jacksonville and be able to have their practices, meetings, etc there or play all their "home" games in London first, where they would be playing the first or last x weeks.

This is likely a test to see if it is feasible and/or fair for the Jags to have a week when they are established there already playing a team coming in on Thursday/Friday to see if it creates a massive advantage for the Jags and disadvantage to the other team.

If the Bills get blown out, that probably goes off the table or at least is looked at very heavily. If the Bills win or play competitively, likely is given a soft go.

Edited by Big Turk

Just saw an email from NFL UK from signing up. Looks like premium ticket packages go on sale May 23rd at noon EDT.

Anybody else have any additional info or other avenues to secure tickets? I plan on purchasing flight today/tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

This is likely a test to see if it is feasible for the Jags to play in London and the only feasible way that makes sense is for them to play all their road games first where they would be based out of Jacksonville and be able to have their practices, meetings, etc there or play all their "home" games in London first, where they would be playing the first or last x weeks.

This is likely a test to see if it is feasible and/or fair for the Jags to have a week when they are established there already playing a team coming in on Thursday/Friday to see if it creates a massive advantage for the Jags and disadvantage to the other team.

If the Bills get blown out, that probably goes off the table or at least is looked at very heavily. If the Bills win or play competitively, likely is given a soft go.

Interesting idea.  

If they play their regular season home and away games consecutively, they better play the london game first and US games in the 2nd half. 

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Interesting idea.  

If they play their regular season home and away games consecutively, they better play the london game first and US games in the 2nd half. 

I can't take credit for it, I heard one of the NFL Insider guys talking about this on sports radio the other day(can't remember who), but said that the Jags playing back to back games on London wasn't by accident.

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Where are you seeing this?

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

I have to think they'll go down in price after the initial public sale.  These prices are currently more expensive than the airline tickets over there from the west coast for goodness sake.

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Big Turk said:

lol..."if the Bills get blown out" (by the Jags)

Anyway, so someone suggested The NFL will decide if 8 teams will potentially have to travel to Jax London "home" games in the near future....based on how they handle the Bills this October?  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BritishBill said:

I like Local Hero but it’s no Z-Cars.

It is the combo of Blaydon Races followed by Local Hero. To of the tree for me. I do like Goodison though and will be sad when it is gone and again there is something about Everton running out to Z-Cars at 3pm on a Saturday that just feels right in the world. That feels like football. And I do worry that all stupid kick offs on all days of the week have lost that a bit. But then I am an old fuddy duddy traditionalist I suppose. I'd rather watch Middlesbrough v Coventry than Man City v Real Madrid. 

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

lol..."if the Bills get blown out" (by the Jags)

Anyway, so someone suggested The NFL will decide if 8 teams will potentially have to travel to Jax London "home" games in the near future....based on how they handle the Bills this October?  

More like that it's a test to see if it's feasible or if it causes too big of a competitive disadvantage.

Jaguars Could Add Shade Roof in Potential $1B Stadium Upgrade

Plans also include decreasing the venue’s capacity from 68,000 to roughly 60,000.

“We will essentially end up with a new stadium built on the existing structure,” Jaguars president Mark Lamping said. The renovations and upgrades could reach $1 billion.

The renovations include a shade roof covering over TIAA Bank Field’s seating bowl.
 but no contract has been signed.

Last year, the Jaguars announced plans to build a $120 million football complex, which will feature training facilities for players, offices, practice fields, and grandstands for fans.

https://frontofficesports.com/jaguars-could-add-shade-roof-in-potential-1b-stadium-upgrade/

15 hours ago, boco357 said:

Checked on secondary tickets and they look out of control.  650 to get in.

14 hours ago, sullim4 said:

https://www.stubhub.co.uk/nfl-london-2023-jacksonville-jaguars-vs-buffalo-bills-tickets-tottenham-hotspur-stadium-8-10-2023/event/105905006/

I have to think they'll go down in price after the initial public sale.  These prices are currently more expensive than the airline tickets over there from the west coast for goodness sake.

Does anyone know when the presale / on-sale is? I had to register by 5/15, which I did, but there has been no communication as to when we can actually buy them. 

1 hour ago, ALF said:

Jaguars Could Add Shade Roof in Potential $1B Stadium Upgrade

Plans also include decreasing the venue’s capacity from 68,000 to roughly 60,000.

https://frontofficesports.com/jaguars-could-add-shade-roof-in-potential-1b-stadium-upgrade/

That should reduce the cost of tarps. Juss sayin’..

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

It does - do we know what material they are using in OP? 

The renderings look very similar to Tottenham where the majority of the overhang is opaque (metal deck covered by a roof membrane) and inner cantilevered ring has a translucent panel. Kalwall is the industry leader in this type of translucent insulated roof panel. You can google their website to see many examples. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.