TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything for Aaron Rodgers, and I definitely wouldn't have made the signings the Jets did on his behalf.  I'm not arguing his talent.  My issue is not knowing if he will play for more than a year.  Rodgers has proven he will throw a temper tantrum the moment things don't go his way.  Rodgers is heading into arguably the toughest division with a new HC and new weapons.  Yes, he knows the OC and one receiver, but that's still a lot to expect him to come in an win big immediately.  And if things don't go to plan, what will he do after the season?

He's just too big a gamble.  I'd sign him as a FA if that's all it took, but the rest of this is stupid to me

Yup, I could not agree more with you. I personally also would not trade for him either for those very reasons...

13 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

You're the best Happy Days!  THANKS!

Whoever is Arizona gets a Tim Hortons gift card for screen shot showing some aggressive laughter at any Hopkins trade proposals 😆😆😆

1 hour ago, mannc said:

A year ago, Washington traded two third round picks for Carson Wentz😀

Lol the draft capital and salary thrown at this dude hasssss to have passed Bradford as the all time #1 asset burner.

Who else is even in the ballpark of these two?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just looked it up.  Since Lamar hasn't signed the tag, he is not eligible to be traded yet.  

If there's something out there that proves it wrong, please post it

Yes, this is all hypothetical, saying that he will sign the tender so he can be traded. Just like Aaron Rodgers hasn’t actually been traded yet but it’s OK whatever the consensus wants. Just don’t be surprised if he actually does get traded during the draft 😉 

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Yes, this is all hypothetical, saying that he will sign the tender so he can be traded. Just like Aaron Rodgers hasn’t actually been traded yet but it’s OK whatever the consensus wants. Just don’t be surprised if he actually does get traded during the draft 😉 

Agreed. My personal opinion is that he gets signed after the draft by the Colts.  That way they give up a 1st next year, which won’t be as high a pick

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Agreed. My personal opinion is that he gets signed after the draft by the Colts.  That way they give up a 1st next year, which won’t be as high a pick

I actually agree with you on that… they’ve got the right head coach the crazy owner and they’re sticking it to their old city, but it’s more fun to trade him for the purposes of this mock ha ha

Edited by NeverOutNick

With the 3rd selection, the Arizona Cardinals select Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama

Reason:  Cardinals have holes everywhere but they take arguably the top prospect in the draft.  Anderson, who had great production as a three year starter at Alabama, excels as both a pass rusher and run defender.  He'll be a foundational force on the defensive line for years to come.  There were some people pounding the table for Carter but there were character/motivation concerns even before the deadly car accident that seemed to be confirmed by his disastrous pro day.

The Colts @CNYfan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

Everyone, 

Regarding trades that involve current NFL players.  Before even starting the trade conversation, please make sure you find a credible website that shows where that player is available for trade.  

For example, the Bills currently have no one that is on the trade block.   Oliver is a fan theory, but no one credible has ever confirmed the Bills are considering that.  

• Like (+1) 3

At the 4th Selection in Virgil's Annual TSW Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts draft Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida.   There was a long look at Will Levis and some flirtation with a Ravens trade, but the idea of a young QB, even one who the Colts hope to sit for a full season, on a rookie deal swayed the decision to Anthony.  A. Richardson is a high upside project.  The Colts will likely again sign a veteran to handle the reigns while AR is brought up to speed.

The Seattle Seahawks  @section122 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 2

With the 5th pick the seattle seahawks select jalen carter dl georgia.  The lions and @mannc are on the clock.

I get the character concerns but carter is a game wrecker.  I thought about tyree here but the foot injury, lack of testing numbers, and being a projection pick led me to Carter.  He fills one of the hawks biggest needs and continues the dl arms race in the nfc west.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the 5th pick the seattle seahawks select jalen carter dl georgia.  The lions and @mannc are on the clock.

I get the character concerns but carter is a game wrecker.  I thought about tyree here but the foot injury, lack of testing numbers, and being a projection pick led me to Carter.  He fills one of the hawks biggest needs and continues the dl arms race in the nfc west.

In a world where Richardson isn't there and Carter is (i.e. this mock) I think Pete Carroll would take all of 0.01 seconds to turn in the card. The right pick.

55 minutes ago, section122 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is/are at least some kind of civil suit(s) in carter's future. In the video I watched, the cop asking questions was more like Barney Fife and I'm shocked he didn't ask for a selfie and autograph. Carter may be good for a short while, but I think things will unravel.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a world where Richardson isn't there and Carter is (i.e. this mock) I think Pete Carroll would take all of 0.01 seconds to turn in the card. The right pick.

Yeah if any of the top 3 qbs were there I would have grabbed one.  If it wasnt the cards at 3 I might have tried to trade up.

I was hoping anderson somehow fell but carter is a nice consolation prize.

With the 6th pick in the TSW 2023 NFL Mock draft, the Detroit Lions select Devon Witherspoon, CB, Univ of Illinois.

We were hoping Carter would fall to us, but we’re happy to take the best corner in the draft.  Witherspoon is extremely physical and has great man-cover ability.  Fills a huge need, too.

@HappyDays and the LV Raiders are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 6th pick in the TSW 2023 NFL Mock draft, the Detroit Lions select Devon Witherspoon, CB, Univ of Illinois.

We were hoping Carter would fall to us, but we’re happy to take the best corner in the draft.  Witherspoon is extremely physical and has great man-cover ability.  Fills a huge need, too.

@HappyDays and the LV Raiders are on the clock.

I might quibble on the choice of corner (but all the top 3 are good prospects don't think Witherspoon is 'wrong' per se) but agree with your reasoning. It is Carter if he falls or whoever the Lions have as CB1.

14 hours ago, Motorin' said:

As the GM of the Denver Broncos, I am currently taking calls for WR Courtland Sutton and WR Jerry Jeudy. 

Have you checked with Sean Payton? If not, you're about to get beaten within an inch of your life.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.