Why Buccaneers LB Lavonte David Spurned the Bills to Re-Sign with Tampa Bay

Protocal69

3 hours ago, boyst said:

Can someone summarize? 

He basically said he wanted to go back to Tampa all along ( of course) but the Bills reached out at the last minute after his mind was made up, but if Von called him personally it would have been a different conversation

3 hours ago, 4th&long said:

Shear stupidity. (This thread) he wasn’t leaving Tampa, von is not our GM.

I guess you didnt hear the part when he said the Bills reached out LATE in the process AFTER his mind was made up,  and if Von would have asked him to come it would have been a different conversation.

2 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

Wouldn't want him anyways. If he signed with Tampa then he's not a winner. They are rebuilding. All he cares about is being comfortable. He's like the people in the real world that are in the same job for 25-30 years and just waiting for retirement. They are comfortable and just kind of zone out and talk about their pension kicking in soon. I wouldn't want that person on my team 

I’m not sure if I should be offended to fall into this category or just be happy I’m 5 years from the end of the pension journey instead only 5 years in lol .

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Sounds like unless we would have overpaid, he was going back to Tampa. He's been there for 11 years and he really didn't want to go anywhere else. Just my 2. 

Agreed- for me to leave my home of 11 happy years you had best be offering a lot more than the home team. At this point in his career another 500k is not worth the effort to move.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

He wasnt leaving. Ever. David knew it, Bills knew it, everyone knew it. No matter when Beane called it wouldve been "too late" since it wasnt 11 years ago.

Player who spent over a decade in Tampa decides to stay in Tampa his last couple of years. Complete non story. Nothing to do with the Bills.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

It was set by the time the Bills reached out LATE in the process. Thats what I heard. Go hear it for yourself now

With a "a little chatter" and "locked into the Bucs" 

You should change the title of this thread to "The Bills had little interest in Lavonte David"

Still not sure how he "spurned" the Bills. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Lol “spurned”

I know, what kinda grown man uses that term to describe this…, 

36 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

To summarize, the OP is a diva.

Diva? I  havent posted here in months. I made post about potentially missing out on getting a player that would have helped us and said player said it would have been a different a convo if a certain player from the Bills would have reached out.

Sounds like a couple of people in their feelings. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.