Why Buccaneers LB Lavonte David Spurned the Bills to Re-Sign with Tampa Bay

Protocal69

3 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Wuss? Really. OK 'Tough Guy'  Using a word like Wuss tells me ALL I need to know about you.

Huh? I'm just saying it's kind of strange he based his decision on joining a certain team on being coaxed by a player. I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Geeezzzz

6 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Huh? I'm just saying it's kind of strange he based his decision on joining a certain team on being coaxed by a player. I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Geeezzzz

Hey I thought it was strange as well but it is what he said. I time stamped the Von Miller part right here

• Thank you (+1) 1

thanks for the post OP. Fwiw: I took it as the BILLS didnt make much of an effort to get Lavonte period & Lavonte is confirming this by saying: perhaps it wouldve been different had Von (who by extension is the BILLS) had reached out too. He's not saying he wasn't interested because Von didn't reach out, he's just saying we didnt make much of an effort, with Von not making any.

If Lavonte didn't clarify this, some might think Von reached out to bring him here & Lavonte turned him down... which as he stated was not the case.

16 hours ago, Protocal69 said:

Diva? I  havent posted here in months. I made post about potentially missing out on getting a player that would have helped us and said player said it would have been a different a convo if a certain player from the Bills would have reached out.

Sounds like a couple of people in their feelings. 

You complained about the Bills being "spurned" by David and how they "dropped the bag"... These are actual words you used to describe the situation. Clearly being an overdramatic diva.

10 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

He's just giving respect to Von. He's well-respected around the league.

"It might've been a different conversation" is not some guarantee that he would've joined the Bills.

You people are weird.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:22 AM, Protocal69 said:

Sound like between Co GM's Beane and Von Miller dropped the bag on getting Lavonte David to the BILLS lol.....

Clickbait headline.  Sounds to me as though David was already talking to the Bucs, with whom he signed for 1 year, $7M

My guess is that if the Bills had thought they wanted to pay more than that, or give him a longer deal that could effectively pay more than that, they would have recruited him, had Miller and Allen hitting him up and so forth. 

But given what they re-signed Po for, the Bills probably had something along those lines in mind (or less) where their cap hit this season would be under $5M while, in order to be interested in moving from Tampa to Buffalo and paying half his salary in NYS taxes (sarcasm), David either didn't want to commit to 2 years or wanted more like 2 years, $16-20M and the Bills were out.

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Clickbait headline.  Sounds to me as though David was already talking to the Bucs, with whom he signed for 1 year, $7M

My guess is that if the Bills had thought they wanted to pay more than that, or give him a longer deal that could effectively pay more than that, they would have recruited him, had Miller and Allen hitting him up and so forth. 

But given what they re-signed Po for, the Bills probably had something along those lines in mind (or less) where their cap hit this season would be under $5M while, in order to be interested in moving from Tampa to Buffalo and paying half his salary in NYS taxes (sarcasm), David either didn't want to commit to 2 years or wanted more like 2 years, $16-20M and the Bills were out.

That makes sense. Knowing the Bills they probably did try to low ball him due to our cap situation 

On 3/25/2023 at 3:56 PM, papazoid said:

funny to me that when it was announced that poyer was coming back to the bills......it was immediately followed by lavontae david back to bucs

coincidence ??.....i say no

Or it was just done at the same time? From the sounds of it, David was already in the process of re-signing with the Bucs when we called. Very likely Beane checked in, saw where he was in negotiations and what Tampa was paying him and just said "alright, cool".

If we were really putting the full course press on him like we were with Von - he wouldn't have been saying "Von didn't call me".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.