S. Diggs Restructures

Chaos

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

So 32 million for Von and Josh. 6 million from Milano. 5.4 from Diggs. 1.3 from Hines. 600k from Settle. That's 45.3 saved so far.

Last night, it was figured they were at roughly 15 under after the signings they did yesterday and how much over the cap we were to begin with.

Diggs restructure would take it up to 20.4 under. But then you have to figure in the signings of Tyrel Dodson (I don't know the figure for him) and the tendering of Dane Jackson (2.7 million).

So I don't think the figure of being 22 million under right now being thrown around is correct. Probably closer to 17.

Hopefully Tre and Dion do some restructuring as well. They were the first players I thought of as potential candidates for this. Surprised to see neither done yet.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

54 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Here’s what I’ve learned: just pay everything in bonus and have infinity salary cap. 

The cap is just accounting.  And just a myth. It’s just an accounting myth. Seems clear to me. 

Edited by Augie

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Does this remove his dead cap penalty if traded?

It likely increases them. Restructure generally means salary to bonus. Cash in hand now for the player accounting later for the cap.

What is interesting to me on this one is that Beane has not been afraid to use cash to generate good will / buy in with players in the past. I wonder if this is part of operation mend bridges with Stef. Here is $5m for you to summer well with. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

It likely increases them. Restructure generally means salary to bonus. Cash in hand now for the player accounting later for the cap.

What is interesting to me on this one is that Beane has not been afraid to use cash to generate good will / buy in with players in the past. I wonder if this is part of operation mend bridges with Stef. Here is $5m for you to summer well with. 

Payout was probably more like $10M or more to save five off this years cap. 

Still, Diggs and the club are doing their part to create space to keep the team highly competitive. 

Just now, TOboy said:

Payout was probably more like $10M or more to save five off this years cap. 

Still, Diggs and the club are doing their part to create space to keep the team highly competitive. 

Sorry, you are correct. I misread the tweet. It is $5m space created not $5m converted. 

46 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

So 32 million for Von and Josh. 6 million from Milano. 5.4 from Diggs. 1.3 from Hines. 600k from Settle. That's 45.3 saved so far.

Last night, it was figured they were at roughly 15 under after the signings they did yesterday and how much over the cap we were to begin with.

Diggs restructure would take it up to 20.4 under. But then you have to figure in the signings of Tyrel Dodson (I don't know the figure for him) and the tendering of Dane Jackson (2.7 million).

So I don't think the figure of being 22 million under right now being thrown around is correct. Probably closer to 17.

Hopefully Tre and Dion do some restructuring as well. They were the first players I thought of as potential candidates for this. Surprised to see neither done yet.

See to me they are the last ones you do. Tre struggled some in 2022 on the back of a serious ACL. I wanna retain flexibility as far as possible there. Dion played poorly down the stretch and we know has started to have some issues maintaining the right weight for tackle. Milano, Allen and (all being well behind the sceneds) Diggs were all more sensible restructures. Von's is more a doubling down on the gamble they took bringing him in at his age.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Would prefer a mid 20 year old OL and a S on day 2.. 

Love Poyer but he's on the decline, Hyde comes back. But ay if the price is right..

I've been trying to move on from poyer for 2 years...so it's not my preference at all.  Just a hunch. 

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Does this remove his dead cap penalty if traded?

I think if anything it might increase his dead money if traded: when a player is traded or released the original team the player belonged to eats the remaining signing bonus and that's the dead cap. The yearly salary (not signing bonus) is assumed by the new team. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I'm about 90% sure I'm right (then again I was 90% sure I was right when I got married and now I'm a single dude living in a box in the sky).

So this, to me, suggests, Stefon is here for a while.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.