Matt Milano Contract Extension, as per Adam Schefter

SCBills

34 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Imo this absolute proof that Edmunds is gonna be a f/a. Milano has been way more consistent in his career. I still would take Edmunds back, but not for the money he's gonna get/want 

How is freeing up money proof that someone is not coming back? I assume that’s what you mean since we already know he’s a free agent.

Edited by Beast

26 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think you’re right. But my gut tells me that Beane is trying to go all in again this year and will borrow whatever he can from future years to do it.

Anything could happen.  

The Bills will be all in every year from now until the end of Allen's career. As they should be. The common thinking that teams occasionally need to have 1-2 year rebuild periods was killed when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl this year. All in teams can still make radical changes to their roster and scheme on a year to year basis.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Bills will be all in every year from now until the end of Allen's career. As they should be. The common thinking that teams occasionally need to have 1-2 year rebuild periods was killed when the Chiefs won the Super Bowl this year. All in teams can still make radical changes to their roster and scheme on a year to year basis.

I think the chiefs are an example of the opposite. They shed contracts and relied heavily on rookie draft picks starting all over the field on both sides of the ball.

When you have Mahomes, Allen, etc. you always have a chance. And the expectation is that you can always have a chance to win one.

But the fact that they won this year should be a huge concern for the league. They’re going to be a better team in 23 than they were in 22. Better teams don’t always win the SB, but the Chiefs are pretty cush going forward. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Beast said:

How is freeing up money proof that someone is not coming back? I assume that’s what you mean since we already know he’s a free agent.

If the Bills re-signed Edmunds, the belief by some was the contract would be structured in a way where Edmunds cap hits would be bigger starting in year 3 when Milano was a free agent and off the books.  Now with the extension of Milano, the belief is Edmunds is leaving.

12 minutes ago, Beast said:

There's always the possibility still that Edmunds is back, and I'd love to keep the band together, but just seems.to me Edmunds isn't a priority if they're extending the other linebacker 

1 hour ago, BBFL said:

That’s where I think Kim matters most. Being a Buffalonian cannot be overlooked. She understands the bond between city and their team. 

Kim is from a suburb of Rochester, not Buffalo (Fairport High School, class of 1987). The point stands though; western NY roots run deep!

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Steptide said:

There's always the possibility still that Edmunds is back, and I'd love to keep the band together, but just seems.to me Edmunds isn't a priority if they're extending the other linebacker 

I’d think freeing up money would make it more likely Edmunds is back than not and that’s coming from someone that doesn’t see him coming back.

Isn’t that why teams restructure and free up money? To hand out new contracts?

Edited by Beast

Awesome. Now don't waste the money on Edmunds. 

Get a top tier OG!

11 minutes ago, Beast said:

I’d think freeing up money would make it more likely Edmunds is back than not and that’s coming from someone that doesn’t see him coming back.

Yes new contracts for a rebuilt Oline!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I think the chiefs are an example of the opposite. They shed contracts and relied heavily on rookie draft picks starting all over the field on both sides of the ball.

When you have Mahomes, Allen, etc. you always have a chance. And the expectation is that you can always have a chance to win one.

But the fact that they won this year should be a huge concern for the league. They’re going to be a better team in 23 than they were in 22. Better teams don’t always win the SB, but the Chiefs are pretty cush going forward. 

Well said Andy has an eye for talent guys like Isiah Pachecko who fit perfectly in his system and let’s face it would probably have been cut on some teams he just has knack for finding these gems. 

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

You could be right. We'll see. This week should be fun/interesting 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.