2023 NFL Combine Results and News

KingBoots8

10 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

. Makes the CAP hit this year 7-9 million

Cap problems don't decrease after this year. Total cap hit still matters.  Campbell would be five years of a guy on a rookie contract. 

• Like (+1) 2

I think the Josh Allen effect is valid this year.  

Bryce Young is the safest bet at QB, but due to his physical size, has limitations.  

AR and Levis are guys who could absolutely bust.. but if they hit…

And if I’m drafting a guy in the Top 5 and/or giving up massive draft capital to move up.. I’m taking a swing. 

Especially as an AFC Team.  

Safe isn’t contending in a conference with Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence over the next decade.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Rashee Rice quietly had a nice day 41” vertical, really good broad jump and 4.51 40.  I’m still not fully sold on him getting open in the NFL because I didn’t see him get a lot of separation in college (but great production).  All that said, I’m a draft fan, not a scout.

26 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Rashee Rice quietly had a nice day 41” vertical, really good broad jump and 4.51 40.  I’m still not fully sold on him getting open in the NFL because I didn’t see him get a lot of separation in college (but great production).  All that said, I’m a draft fan, not a scout.

I really like Rice. Early on there was varying size and speed thoughts. Anywhere from 6' to 6'3" and 4.42 -4.55 40's. Had he come in at 6'2"+ and a 4.45, I thought he would be a great pick at 27. Now with true measurements,  I would love to get him at 59.😁

Edited by LyndonvilleBill

27 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think the Josh Allen effect is valid this year.  

Bryce Young is the safest bet at QB, but due to his physical size, has limitations.  

AR and Levis are guys who could absolutely bust.. but if they hit…

And if I’m drafting a guy in the Top 5 and/or giving up massive draft capital to move up.. I’m taking a swing. 

Especially as an AFC Team.  

Safe isn’t contending in a conference with Allen, Mahomes, Burrow, Herbert and Lawrence over the next decade.  

If you think this is bad wait till Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Michael Pennix, and Deion’s kid come out next year. People will be jumping over chairs claiming these guys are the second coming when in reality like every other QB class you’ll have 1 or 2 hits and the rest will be busts 

• Agree 2

16 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

If you think this is bad wait till Caleb Williams, Drake Maye, Bo Nix, Michael Pennix, and Deion’s kid come out next year. People will be jumping over chairs claiming these guys are the second coming when in reality like every other QB class you’ll have 1 or 2 hits and the rest will be busts 

I can’t wait for the controversy surrounding the possibility of your face of the franchise named Pennix

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Perfect. Dude just looks better than everyone else. His Playing speed looks to be much higher, never would've guessed 4.5 for him

This is actually good for us. Addison would be a perfect compliment to Diggs and he might fall a little now. Don’t let the combine eliminate the fact that addisons game tape is elite and he’s one of the best receivers in the draft. 

• Agree 6

14 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is actually good for us. Addison would be a perfect compliment to Diggs and he might fall a little now. Don’t let the combine eliminate the fact that addisons game tape is elite and he’s one of the best receivers in the draft. 

My guy right here to keep them Safety's back and open up Diggs.

Edited by Figster

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No to defense! Sorry man. The 27th  pick has to be an offensive player. I wouldn't mind if every pick was offensive.

I'm going into rhis year with the mindset of giving Allen protection and weapons. Let him cook. 

The defense falls where it falls. McD can try to get the best out of what he has. 

The organization has to change its mentality and focus. For too long it has concentrated on upgrading the defense. It hasn't worked come playoff time. 

Unless it’s a plug and play-n-starter I wouldn't draft offense at 27 for the sake of drafting offense. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

If I needed a QB, I would take Richardson. I like the raw athlete every time. I loved Justin Herbert coming out, guys like Trey Lance…it’s 50/50 but if you are taking a shot on a guy, this guy is the kind of guy I would shoot my shot on. I hate small qbs and game manager guys. I would make the argument that his presence at times raised the play of others. Like Torrence the guard, the big thing is that he doesn’t give up sacks. When you watch him play, Richardson bails out Torrence a lot. JMO, but I get why the scouts are drooling. 

I understand that rationale, but it's a VERY risky proposition taking a guy in the top 10 like that. Especially if you are a new GM, with a new HC, and trying to establish yourself along with building a winning roster. If you already have a bridge QB and can bring him along slowly? Great. Otherwise, it may cost them their job. Honestly, he reminds me of Terrelle Pryor with a better vertical. 

44 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I wonder if Tyler Scott was invited to the combine? If not, I'll be interested in seeing him at his pro day for Cincinnati

He was and he struggled some.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Not gonna lie… that quote from him may have sold me.   We need a lot more of that mentality on this team. 

The quote that says he thinks he is the top receiver?  That sells me on nothing.  Guy is fast and can catch deep balls.  We don’t know one way or the other if he can do anything else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Flowers or Hyatt in the 1st round for me…

No Addison, No JSN- these guys do not appear to be first round talent to the naked eye…

To my eye, Addison and JSN are MUCH better than Hyatt.  Both are technicians in route running, gaining separation and securing passes.  Hyatt looks like a track star with a limited route tree and questionable hands. Hyatt seemed to be running wide open on 90% of his targets.

Flowers looks to be a comparable talent to addison and JSN-  maybe not as refined but a better athlete.  

johnston, addison, JSN and Flowers look to be the WRs worth a look in rd 1 of this draft.  

Hyatt might be drafted rd 1 but he doesn’t have the WR skills (other than speed) to warrant the selection imo.  I see a lot of comparisons to a healthy Will Fuller…..but I don’t see that. I thought Fuller had much better ball skills and was a better route runner.  

it looks like there will be a few decent WR options in rd 2-4.  I love Jayden Reed and he’d be an absolute steal in rd 3 (but likely won’t be there for us there).  Boutte, Tillman, Washington, Tyler, Rice, Palmer,  Mims, Hutchinson, wicks, Wilson, Jarrett, nacua, Mingo, Perry, Jones, Green.  

If the top 4 WRs are gone, I hope we can trade down.  If Hyatt is the pick, so be it, I just don’t know if he’s ever going to be more than an MVS type (minus the height and wingspan).    Don’t reach on WR.  There’s some decent mid rd value value imo.   I’d rather draft Wright/Mauch or another OL rather than reach on WR

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.