Leslie Frazier "taking a year off from coaching" per Bills PR

Roundybout

27 minutes ago, Perk71 said:

I'm convinced some posters here are not Bills fans.  Frazier's contract expired, time to move on.  Simple.

Go Bills!!

21 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

If it’s so simple then why don’t they just say that?

Definitely not that simple, but we aren't going to know the true story for a long time...if we ever do.

The way it's been handled is weird, but I'm just happy he won't be around next year.

Now, about that OC problem of ours....

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Anyone believe Leslie Frazier is returning to coaching after a year off?

Don’t know.  Doubt Frazier knows either, at this point.  A lot depends on why he’s doing it.  Medical?  Family?  Gap year to ensure time to study and reflect?  Polite way of being forced out?  All of those reasons could have for/against arguments

3 hours ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

Why does this organization continue to lack transparency with its fan base?

why do some fans feel the organization owes them anything but football games and reporter access to ask questions?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am ok moving on but Frazier deserves some respect.   Over his 6 years the bills gave up the fewest yards and second fewest points in the league.   The performance in big spots can be judged but he is largely under appreciated.  

True, Frazier had some good results overall.  But I was harboring some of the feelings a lot of others on here had - 1.  His bend but don't break base set was kind of annoying, and 2.  The Playoff problems.

I wonder/hope if this move might also signal that the FO is considering moving some resources to emphasis offense a little more.  For instance, letting Edmunds and Poyer leave and contemplate seeing what they can get for Oliver.  And instead invest in OL, WR, and maybe RB.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Definitely not that simple, but we aren't going to know the true story for a long time...if we ever do.

The way it's been handled is weird, but I'm just happy he won't be around next year.

Now, about that OC problem of ours....

Well I still get the feeling it could be just a respectful gesture by both sides as a way for parting ways.....

And I'm aware what Beane said etc...but I still feel that's possibly what it is. 

10 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I am ok moving on but Frazier deserves some respect.   Over his 6 years the bills gave up the fewest yards and second fewest points in the league.   The performance in big spots can be judged but he is largely under appreciated.  

I think most ppl definitely has plenty of respect for him, I mean he's earned that for sure....that said while many have much respect they also feel like it's time to move on

3 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Frazier will be McDermott’s DC in 2024, but it won't be in Buffalo. And for those saying it took Reid 20 years to win, Josh Allen doesn’t have 20 years to play. 

I was going to post the LOL emoji. But then I thought: hey, this kind of makes sense. McD wins (at least makes the SB) without Frazier, he doesn't need him. McD fails to get to the SB again, he's good as gone, and Leslie is part of the package deal for his next stop.

1 hour ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Cause being at the game tells a different story than watching on tv gotcha👍 I guess you were at the bathroom when Waddle dropped an easy 60 yard toss and run for a TD along with Hill out of character dropping balls. Tell me are you impressed that the Bills stopped a 3rd string Qb in his first playoff game? I bet you are,  that tells us more than the stats you gave do.

It’s  really impressive that so many of you are satisfied with level of play our defense came up with against a team decimated by injuries on the road in a seriously hostile environment.  Going down to the last two minutes to secure victory. 

You asked if I watched the game… I said I was there… it was an answer to your question. No idea why you’re being so hostile with me in particular. 

I’m not disputing that they *could* have lost the game. I disagree with where you’re placing the blame for the potential loss and am using evidence to support my stance. If they lost to Miami, it would not have been on the defense.

Edited by JGMcD2

1 hour ago, Green Lightning said:

Gosh sue me. Not at will but hung 24 of their 31 points on us on offense with a rookie last string QB. 

After our offense kept giving the ball away and putting the D on short fields.  That part.

2 hours ago, ChasBB said:

Agree.  I have no problem generally trying to rush with only 4, but blitzes can be very effective scattered in here and there.  Not saying I want to see the team blitz all the time.  Just saying let's mix things up a bit at times and situations.

They do blitz.  Milano, Edmunds and Johnson.   Poyer sometimes.  Doesn’t always work but that doesn’t mean they don’t do it.

2 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Let’s also not forget the wide open bomb that Waddle dropped on their opening series, which would’ve changed the complexion of the game.  

Is the Frazier’s fault or the DB ‘s who dropped coverage? 🤔

Good. This is the classy way to go about things.

Sorry for any Frazier defenders but our last 2 Postseason losses have really soured me on Frazier as a Sunday big game gameplanner.

The defensive gameplan against the Bengals was absolutely criminal.

McDermott or Babbich or the new guy we just brought in from Carolina all seem like good replacements.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 1

I sure hope next year at this time everybody's not sitting around griping about how much the defense sucked.  It seems like a lot of Bills fans are now spoiled and feel they deserve nothing less than a super bowl win.  Of course that's the goal, but getting incrementally better is a much safer approach than blowing things up.  We had a very good D.  Yes it didn't always look great in the playoffs but there you are playing the best offenses.  Having a top 5 D consistently is nothing to sneeze at and things might have been different this year without the Hyde and Von Miller injuries, to name a couple. 

Things don't always get better just because you want to celebrate change.  I'll hope for the best now that this is done.  Wishing Frazier the best and I'm thankful for what he did for our team.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

True, Frazier had some good results overall.  But I was harboring some of the feelings a lot of others on here had - 1.  His bend but don't break base set was kind of annoying, and 2.  The Playoff problems.

I wonder/hope if this move might also signal that the FO is considering moving some resources to emphasis offense a little more.  For instance, letting Edmunds and Poyer leave and contemplate seeing what they can get for Oliver.  And instead invest in OL, WR, and maybe RB.

The thing about the playoff problems is that we didn't have  playoff problems.

We had three games in the playoff problems. 

All three of those games were without Von Miller or any serious pass rush. 

Without the wave of defensive injuries it would very possibly have been an entirely different game on that side of the ball. Of course, the defense wasn't good against the Bengals but the offense was absolutely horrific. 

That was probably Frazier's fault too.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.