Stadium Renderings Part 2

JDHillFan

Building an outdoor stadium in one of the worst areas in America to have an outdoor stadium right next to the old outdoor stadium that was in one of the worst areas in America to have an outdoor stadium. 

Complete waste of money. 

Basically taxpayers paying the NFL a $1B fee to keep the bills in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Somethings are better, yet some things that be even better were dismissed because of cost. Honestly I don't get the thought of no dome in a location like ours. As we saw this past two seasons that severe weather here in Buffalo can affect games. 

10 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Somethings are better, yet some things that be even better were dismissed because of cost. Honestly I don't get the thought of no dome in a location like ours. As we saw this past two seasons that severe weather here in Buffalo can affect games. 

Dome or not, there would have been no game this past season with that snow storm. It would have been moved.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 minutes ago, teef said:

yes...you should be satisfied they're staying, because for locals, that's the most important thing.  

and so what if you don't love the look.  i don't either and i absolutely would have preferred a dome, but here we are.  some posters my not like the esthetics, but it will still be a massive upgrade, but inside and out.  you're acting like there's no upgrade at all.

Sure it's an upgrade to Highmark but that's not saying much. 

My point is that if you look at the new stadiums and upgrades stadiums and arenas around the country are doing, they almost all have things in common. They all are adding things to make the stadium experience better then what you get if you watched the game sitting at home.  

A good example is the Rogers Centre in Toronto. Before the major upgrades this offseason I rarely went to a game. I would drive 3 hours to see a game in Cleveland before seeing a game in Toronto. Now with the upgrades and the new amenities and food offerings I am looking forward to seeing a game there. 

I know most here could care less about that stuff but the people here aren't your average fan. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Jrb1979 said:

My point is that if you look at the new stadiums and upgrades stadiums and arenas around the country are doing, they almost all have things in common. They all are adding things to make the stadium experience better then what you get if you watched the game sitting at home.  

A good example is the Rogers Centre in Toronto. Before the major upgrades this offseason I rarely went to a game. I would drive 3 hours to see a game in Cleveland before seeing a game in Toronto. Now with the upgrades and the new amenities and food offerings I am looking forward to seeing a game there. 

I know most here could care less about that stuff but the people here aren't your average fan. 

The standing area section sounds promising to me.  I like the idea of getting some wings, a beer, and watching the game from that vantage. 

• Like (+1) 1

So now they've unveiled renderings of the exterior along with the interior seating bowl.  What they've yet to show is the concourse areas, and I'm guessing that'll be the area with the most significant upgrade to the gameday experience. As we all know, "Rich Stadium" has only one level of concourse, and it is really nothing more than a narrow, open-air, covered corridor. The new stadium will have multi-level concourse areas, similar to an indoor hockey/basketball arena, and again I'm guessing that they may even be enclosed, conditioned spaces; meaning fans will go through doors to get out into the open-air seating bowl. The concourses will include restrooms, concessions, access to the suite level, at least a couple of nice restaurants, and potentially a Bills Hall of Fame venue.

We'll have to wait for the full fly-through animation.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

other than a dome, what aren't you getting?  i completely get the dome, but you don't think there are other upgrade?  you keep mentioning the rodgers center, but don't you think literally everything in the new stadium in an improvement.  i think it's just the esthetic you don't love which i completely get.  i'm just not sure what you think you are missing out on.

18 minutes ago, teef said:

other than a dome, what aren't you getting?  i completely get the dome, but you don't think there are other upgrade?  you keep mentioning the rodgers center, but don't you think literally everything in the new stadium in an improvement.  i think it's just the esthetic you don't love which i completely get.  i'm just not sure what you think you are missing out on.

Anything is an improvement over Highmark. I'm sure everything will be an improvement. My view is that if the outside esthetic is this generic I don't see the inside being anything special either. I would venture to guess is you have the  Bills hall of fame inside and the food vendors will be mostly the same as Highmark just improved. The game day experience probably isn't going to change much. I know most of you are there for the game and are happy with all the improvements. 

The problem is your average fan wants more then that to be drawn to go to a game. Why spend a few hundred dollars to go to a game when the experience is not much different than watching at home for free. Your average fan wants a better experience then what they get at home. It's why I brought up the Rogers Centre and it's upgrades. They are adding major amenities to make the game day experience better. Having an updated Highmark stadium isn't enough for the sports world we live in. 

I do understand that people on this board are satisfied with the team staying and having an improved stadium. You do have to understand that your casual sports fan isn't drawn by that. 

2 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

Anything is an improvement over Highmark. I'm sure everything will be an improvement. My view is that if the outside esthetic is this generic I don't see the inside being anything special either. I would venture to guess is you have the  Bills hall of fame inside and the food vendors will be mostly the same as Highmark just improved. The game day experience probably isn't going to change much. I know most of you are there for the game and are happy with all the improvements. 

The problem is your average fan wants more then that to be drawn to go to a game. Why spend a few hundred dollars to go to a game when the experience is not much different than watching at home for free. Your average fan wants a better experience then what they get at home. It's why I brought up the Rogers Centre and it's upgrades. They are adding major amenities to make the game day experience better. Having an updated Highmark stadium isn't enough for the sports world we live in. 

I do understand that people on this board are satisfied with the team staying and having an improved stadium. You do have to understand that your casual sports fan isn't drawn by that. 

if they sell the place out (which they will, at least for a while) who really cares?

what exactly are these recent improvements to Rodgers Center that supposedly help draw casual fans? You mentioned new and expanded food offerings, which the Bills’ new stadium most certainly will also have. What are the others?

47 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So now they've unveiled renderings of the exterior along with the interior seating bowl.  What they've yet to show is the concourse areas, and I'm guessing that'll be the area with the most significant upgrade to the gameday experience. As we all know, "Rich Stadium" has only one level of concourse, and it is really nothing more than a narrow, open-air, covered corridor. The new stadium will have multi-level concourse areas, similar to an indoor hockey/basketball arena, and again I'm guessing that they may even be enclosed, conditioned spaces; meaning fans will go through doors to get out into the open-air seating bowl. The concourses will include restrooms, concessions, access to the suite level, at least a couple of nice restaurants, and potentially a Bills Hall of Fame venue.

We'll have to wait for the full fly-through animation.

Yea it is. Everything will be a significant upgrade. The concourses will be state of the art. 

But the players don’t care about the concourses. The fans want the best product on the field and an open air stadium puts the team at a disadvantage. Players don’t want to play in Buffalo weather. I don’t understand why we’re ok with open air.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

3 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

if they sell the place out (which they will, at least for a while) who really cares?

what exactly are these recent improvements to Rodgers Center that supposedly help draw casual fans? You mentioned new and expanded food offerings, which the Bills’ new stadium most certainly will also have. What are the others?

They have added. 

Four New 'Outfield Neighborhoods': Most of Tuesday's media tour was focused on the four new social spaces Rogers Centre will house in the outfield next season—two on the 100-level and two on the 500-level.

The 'outfield neighborhoods' include a Corona Rooftop Patio in the 500-level right field, a family-friendly park in left, and two themed bars along the 100-level that sit behind the batter's eye and overlook the road bullpen.

4 minutes ago, Jrb1979 said:

They have added. 

Four New 'Outfield Neighborhoods': Most of Tuesday's media tour was focused on the four new social spaces Rogers Centre will house in the outfield next season—two on the 100-level and two on the 500-level.

The 'outfield neighborhoods' include a Corona Rooftop Patio in the 500-level right field, a family-friendly park in left, and two themed bars along the 100-level that sit behind the batter's eye and overlook the road bullpen.

I think communal areas like concourse bars and family zones are very possible in the new Bills stadium.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Yea it is. Everything will be a significant upgrade. The concourses will be state of the art. 

But the players don’t care about the concourses. The fans want the best product on the field and an open air stadium puts the team at a disadvantage. Players don’t want to play in Buffalo weather. I don’t understand why we’re ok with open air.

Both teams play on the same field in the same weather. there is no “disadvantage” for one.

• Thank you (+1) 1

If there was a dome, there wouldn't have been a travel ban in Erie County during that blizzard, and the streets and parking lot would have been cleared for thousands of people to drive in whiteout conditions through 10 feet of snow to reach the stadium and we wouldn't have had to lose a home game. 

That's the logic?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Disadvantage acquiring players. 

And no, it’s not equal when you have one of the best passing offenses in the league. But I’m not talking about that. 

there are some players that would prefer to play in other cities besides Buffalo too, dome or no dome. And yet, they somehow remain good. You’re grossly exaggerating.

Isn't Orchard Park trying to re-zone for commercial too

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Both teams play on the same field in the same weather. there is no “disadvantage” for one.

There is when one team has to play 8 games there. A team coming in an playing one bad weather game, they can power through. 

Say 50% bad weekends,  that's demoralizing. 

Just saying...

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

Isn't Orchard Park trying to re-zone for commercial too

There is when one team has to play 8 games there. A team coming in an playing one bad weather game, they can power through. 

Say 50% bad weekends,  that's demoralizing. 

Just saying...

good thing they rarely have 50% bad weather games in any given season. 

Demoralizing? They’re highly paid professionals. 

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

there are some players that would prefer to play in other cities besides Buffalo too, dome or no dome. And yet, they somehow remain good. You’re grossly exaggerating.

What are you arguing? That players don’t consider the Buffalo climate?

Im so tired of this discussion. You know NFL players don’t want to play in Buffalo. It’s nothing against the fans or the city. They don’t want to play here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.