Jersey Number Changes: A Way Too Early Topic

TheyCallMeAndy

As the topic implies, let’s speculate over just who might be rocking different digits in 2023.

There are two players who come to my mind immediately.

The first, is actually Tyler Bass. Now that skill position players can rock single digit numbers, Bass’ #2 might be at a premium. Khalil Shakir immediately comes to mind, as does a certain recently released 30 year old wideout who could be on our radar.

Why else might Bass change his number? For the first time in his career, his college number is actually available. The previous resident was some practice squader who got signed away, not sure if it’s been discussed. 

The second guy, and I think this is a slam dunk, is James Cook. I love the way 28 looks, but he was 4 in college and his brother wears 4 for Minnesota. I really don’t think Jaquan Johnson will be brought back, and Cook never updates the number in his insta handle, so what other proof do you need?

Who am I missing? Is there another guy you think will change numbers? 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

I just find it annoying.  Stick with your first jersey number as fans pay a lot for rookie jerseys.  

Plus, I get confused.  There were a few times this year that I got pissed at Jerry Hughes for showing no pass rush ability like I’ve become accustomed to.  Then I realized it was Boogie Basham and it all made sense.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/25/2023 at 11:38 AM, BillsDiehard said:

Players that change numbers when on the same team have to buy out inventory...no charges if they change teams obviously or after contract expires and they resign (McKenzie).

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nfl-jersey-number-change-cost/1wctmhnwlhsx1tjj1yluzqbxu

Real fun at parties..?! ARNTCHA ARNTCHA??!! ;)

On 2/25/2023 at 1:41 PM, Sherlock Holmes said:

My favorite movie! I've been waiting for a sequel:wub::wub:

Isn’t one of the characters dead, and the other actor is dead in real life? Am I misremembering..? 

• Sad 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:45 PM, Doc Brown said:

I just find it annoying.  Stick with your first jersey number as fans pay a lot for rookie jerseys.  

Plus, I get confused.  There were a few times this year that I got pissed at Jerry Hughes for showing no pass rush ability like I’ve become accustomed to.  Then I realized it was Boogie Basham and it all made sense.

I kept looking for the spurious PF flag....

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2023 at 4:42 PM, TheyCallMeAndy said:

And would look pretty cool too. 

It would look terrible.

28 is great. 33 for his brother was great as well and he went ahead and ruined that. Same with his teammate Alexander Mattison.

Single digits outside of QB’s and kickers is so gross I don’t even know where to begin.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chicharito said:

I hope Bass and Cook do not change numbers. I bought my son both jerseys for Christmas. I’m not buying anymore😂!

All the NFL cares about is that players buy any inventory of jerseys and not care if fans have bought jerseys already.

I wonder if players get to keep them or NFL gets donation credit for giving them away overseas.

Edited by Limeaid
Duplicate post

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.