Davis Webb

TheBillsOrDie

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Good for him. It’s also wild that guys can just get nfl jobs over guys who have been grinding for years. The best is when he gets a head coaching job for “fixing” a guy who was considered a borderline top 5 qb before last season. 

Those who can't do, teach.  Those who can't teach, worked their way up through someone's coaching tree over 15-20 years.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Wiz said:

Those who can't do, teach.  Those who can't teach, worked their way up through someone's coaching tree over 15-20 years.

I always hated that saying. I know you don’t mean it but always thought it was degrading to teachers haha.

getting off my high horse, I do think the lesser players are better coaches than the stars. I just have friends who grind so hard in coaching but never get their break because they don’t know the right people. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Excerpt from PFT article linked above:

"Wilson has started 189 games in his NFL career. Webb has started one game, the Giants’ meaningless Week 18 game at the end of last season. But Broncos coach Sean Payton apparently thinks the 28-year-old Webb can teach the 34-year-old Wilson about the quarterback position."

Edited by chongli
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I always hated that saying. I know you don’t mean it but always thought it was degrading to teachers haha.

getting off my high horse, I do think the lesser players are better coaches than the stars. I just have friends who grind so hard in coaching but never get their break because they don’t know the right people. 

My brother and sister are teachers so it's in my blood to take a swing at them every chance I get.

Regarding the coaching part, completely agree.  Everyone jokes about the "old boys club" with the owners but it's just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to coaching.  You have to know someone that knows someone that knows someone just to get an internship in college and hope you can ascend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

My brother and sister are teachers so it's in my blood to take a swing at them every chance I get.

Regarding the coaching part, completely agree.  Everyone jokes about the "old boys club" with the owners but it's just as bad, if not worse, when it comes to coaching.  You have to know someone that knows someone that knows someone just to get an internship in college and hope you can ascend.

See Nathaniel Hackett.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This isn’t just about Russ this is one of the best coaches in the league taking the next potential up and coming HC under his wing.  Great spot for him.  

Sean McVay was hired at 30 years old as coach of the Rams.  

I see Webb heading this track as well in 2-3 years especially after serving under Payton.  

Given his history with Allen….nah I’ll just see myself out now.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.