Quote from Josh highlighting the Bills' flawed thinking...

DrDawkinstein

4 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Reaching. Also, the Bills have been almost perfect in their development of Allen. Built a great defense where he didn’t have to carry the team. Had the same OC for 4 years. Trades for a stud number 1. This year was a step back but the bills couldn’t have done better for Allen. 

Oh dear.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 11:35 AM, Alphadawg7 said:

Hard disagree.

We do need to learn to be like them offensively.  Its a night and day difference watching their offensive play calling and designs that scheme guys open...not only open...wide open.  

The two TD passes to Toney and then Sky Moore in the SB were the exact same routes on opposite sides, and both were wide open and untouched...and both were plays they ran many times for scores or first downs all year.  Those guys are wide open because of the overall play design, not just their route. 

Or look at those shovel passes almost like runs up the middle they do with guys like Kelce on down and short or near endzone.  These plays have a high degree of success and its do to the creativity they have built into their offense.  

We had defenders talking about the limited route trees our guys run, or knowing exactly where we were going on certain plays.  They have said that both offensively and defensively.  Kelce last year humiliated Frazier on National TV saying if he plays it like that again hit me on the seem its wide open...and that is exactly what happened to get the FG in 13 seconds.  

Everything we do is so vanilla and the opponents keep coming up with answers to counter us.  This year, our offense felt like it was lacking hard in creativity, situational awareness, schemes to get guys open, or even just general best use of personnel.  We have a RB drafted to catch passes and get into space in Cook, yet we don't throw him many balls and frequently run him up the middle instead.  We trade for Hines, like the 12th most expensive RB in the league and don't even try to incorporate him into the offense.  

So...sorry, I absolutely agree we need to be more like KC...not saying copy what they do, but we need to inject a massive heaping of better creativity, better schemes, better situational awareness, and better use of personnel on both sides of the ball.  

"I absolutely agree we need to be more like KC...not saying copy what they do, but we need to inject a massive heaping of better creativity, better schemes, better situational awareness, and better use of personnel on both sides of the ball."

How likely is that going to happen? 

Yes! it is a copycat league, but I don't think we need to be like the CHEIFS.

The CHIEFS are beatable, the issue is we need our GM to draft better, hit on FAs.

We need our HC to play the better players and not punish rookies for being better than some of the vets. Stop getting flustered in the playoffs.

We need our OC to scheme plays that find the mismatch, attack weaknesses, adjust to defenses and know when to be aggressive, stop putting the offense in position where the QB has to be superman.  Use the TE more. 

We need our DC to stop with the bend and break defense, giving up 3rd and 5 or more consistently, stop having your DB's play 7 yards off the line when it is 4th and 3, stop chocking in the playoffs. 

We need our QB to stop running, make more accurate throws (Josh was off target on alot of easy throws) and stop being greedy when you do not have to. 

F*CK!!!! the CHEIFS we are just as good, but our coaching still act like they are in their 2nd season when it comes to the playoffs.  Man up and Go all in. 

Let's GO BILLS

Edited by BBills_88

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

"I absolutely agree we need to be more like KC...not saying copy what they do, but we need to inject a massive heaping of better creativity, better schemes, better situational awareness, and better use of personnel on both sides of the ball."

How likely is that going to happen? 

Hard to say...not likely with Frazier, he is who he is and sadly he is going to be hear again this year with his flawed approach.  

Dorsey on the other hand has been learning on the job.  I hope to god he watched the Super Bowl and realizes he needs to study both teams in how to be creative and play the rosters strengths.  We didn't see him grow at all this year during the season, lets hope he spends the whole offseason studying.  

If Josh meant that literally, it would mean a lot of changes to the Bills that just don't look as if they are in the cards.  Reid runs a version of the West Coast offense liberally enhanced with zone read option plays that were Pat Mahomes' staple in college.   Buffalo is not going to adopt that.  Kansas City isn't even the same from season to season.  With the departure of big play receivers from their roster in the 2022 season, Kansas City adopted a predominantly short passing game, relying heavily on Travis Kelsay.  So, what did Josh mean?  I am not sure we could know unless we asked him.  If I were to guess, I would say that he's probably talking about a commitment to excellence and the willingness to adapt to the skills of the players you have.  I'm not sure that the secret to winning multiple Super Bowls is all that complex, but I do think that a team can do everything the way they should and still not get to the Super Bowl, not to even mention win it.  That's because there are other good teams trying to use a very similar formula to reach, then win the Super Bowl.  On top of everything else, teams need a certain amount of luck.  

1 hour ago, BBills_88 said:

Yes! it is a copycat league, but I don't think we need to be like the CHEIFS.

The CHEIFS are beatable, the issue is we need our GM to draft better, hit on FAs.

We need our HC to play the better players and not punish rookies for being better than some of the vets. Stop getting flustered in the playoffs.

We need our OC to scheme plays that find the mismatch, attack weaknesses, adjust to defenses and know when to be aggressive, stop putting the offense in position where the QB has to be superman.  Use the TE more. 

We need our DC to stop with the bend and break defense, giving up 3rd and 5 or more consistently, stop having your DB's play 7 yards off the line when it is 4th and 3, stop chocking in the playoffs. 

We need our QB to stop running, make more accurate throws (Josh was off target on alot of easy throws) and stop being greedy when you do not have to. 

F*CK!!!! the CHEIFS we are just as good, but our coaching still act like they are in their 2nd season when it comes to the playoffs.  Man up and Go all in. 

Let's GO BILLS

I'm not familiar with the Cheifs  Where do they play?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 2/15/2023 at 2:35 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

So...sorry, I absolutely agree we need to be more like KC...not saying copy what they do, but we need to inject a massive heaping of better creativity, better schemes, better situational awareness, and better use of personnel on both sides of the ball.  

“We need to be more like KC”

*lists off a bunch of broad terms that aren’t specific to KC at all*

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except they absolutely are.  So there’s that…

To me it was just another way saying be like the Champions for Josh and he would have probably given the same answer had the Eagles won IMO. Eagles formula on O is a better match for Josh's skill set IMO. 

GM Beane needs to think every night before falling asleep. Eagles Oline, Eagles Oline,

Like big sheep, Eagles Oline, Eagles Oline... 

Imagine Allen with Philly's OL and Cook being able to run into open space.

Right now it's Allen runs for his life and chucks the ball deep downfield every other play and have ZERO running attack unless the yards come from Allen trying to escape seemingly unblocked DL and LBers.

We still won 13 games. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.