Derek Carr released

No_Matter_What

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I love watching teams drool over a slightly above average QB

Yep, been there done that......................for 18 years!

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Geez does this really need to be said players don’t let franchise QBs go free they literally just wave this #######

Carr is an interception machine. He’s a coach killer.

And he loses a lot of fumbles without Allen's ability to compensate with lots of TD's.

12 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I love watching teams drool over a slightly above average QB

The difference here with the Jets is their roster is actually pretty good. When the Bills had mediocre QB's the rest of the roster sucked which is why we had 17 years of no playoffs. The Jets have a solid defense, a decent running game and a good WR group. Carr may be slightly above average, but the Jets will be a major pain in the ass for the Bills if he goes there. Miami almost beat the Bills in a playoff game at Buffalo with some no name scrub at QB. I don't want the Jets getting Carr, Rodgers, or even Jimmy G. Let them suffer with White and Wilson.

I agree for the most part. However, there are a some instances where a team can do really well with a manageable QB. Someone who makes a few big plays and takes care of the ball. We can all think of those teams and QBs. One of those teams beat the Bills in the 90s Super Bowl. 

The game has changed and it's much more difficult to win that way. Look at the 49ers as an example. 

The Jets really look to have a lot of pieces in place. Their secondary might be the best in the league. Their Dline is very good. Offensively, a healthy Hall will make them more dynamic and dangerous. Garrett Wilson is very good. 

With the exception of the QB position (huge exception), I'd seriously consider the Jets roster better or equal to the Bills. 

In short, the Bills have dominated the AFC east for years. Six straight playoff appearances to go with it. The Dolphins and the Jets have made big moves and very good draft choices. Couple that will Beane misses and the gap has severely closed. No doubt the Dolphin and Jet players feel like they have a legitimate chance to dethrone the Bills. I doubt they truly believed that prior to last season. 

Edited by newcam2012

16 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I agree for the most part. However, there are a some instances where a team can do really well with a manageable QB. Someone who makes a few big plays and takes care of the ball. We can all think of those teams and QBs. One of those teams beat the Bills in the 90s Super Bowl. 

The game has changed and it's much more difficult to win that way. Look at the 49ers as an example. 

The Jets really look to have a lot of pieces in place. Their secondary might be the best in the league. Their Dline is very good. Offensively, a healthy Hall will make them more dynamic and dangerous. Garrett Wilson is very good. 

With the exception of the QB position (huge exception), I'd seriously consider the Jets roster better or equal to the Bills. 

In short, the Bills have dominated the AFC east for years. Six straight playoff appearances to go with it. The Dolphins and the Jets have made big moves and very good draft choices. Couple that will Beane misses and the gap has severely closed. No doubt the Dolphin and Jet players feel like they have a legitimate chance to dethrone the Bills. I doubt they truly believed that prior to last season. 

It might take him some time to get back to what he was. It took Barkley a couple of years to get back to his elite level of play. As we saw with Tre who struggled last season when came back. I think the Jets will still be relying on Michael Carter and Zonovan Knight in the run game while Breece tries to get back to what he was. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gregg said:

Rodgers is a flake. Who knows what he will do. No sure thing he goes there. They could get Jimmy G, but he always seems to get hurt. Which would leave them with White (most likely) or Wilson as the backup having to play for them. 

One of Rodgers, Carr or Jimmy G will be there in 2023 …that was what I was trying to say…

They won’t be moving forward with just White and Wilson ..

Jimmy G seems a lesser player than Carr but seems to find a way to get the wins..cant really say that about  Carr..

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

If the Jets want a choker they should sign Jimmy G toss in there's the 49ers connection with Saleh. 

Aka QB purgatory.

Miami probably going to ride out Tua's rookie contract and then make a decision on QB most likely move on since he can't stay healthy. 

There’s obviously serious doubt regarding whether Tua will make it back. And if he does, he may be one more concussion away from the end of his NFL career. Miami strikes me as the perfect fit for Carr - they are in win-now mode, Carr gets rid of the ball fast, and they have no one internally to turn to. Jimmy G or Carr? Slim pickings. I’d take Carr. 

8 minutes ago, H2o said:

Derek Carr won't be signed by anyone until Rodgers resurfaces. 

Aaron Rodgers right now:

"Play football, don't play football, play football, don't play football."

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952e8w5idwqtffiww2r88k

Who knew that you could monetize (and charge a pretty penny) for sitting alone in the dark. 

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

There’s obviously serious doubt regarding whether Tua will make it back. And if he does, he may be one more concussion away from the end of his NFL career. Miami strikes me as the perfect fit for Carr - they are in win-now mode, Carr gets rid of the ball fast, and they have no one internally to turn to. Jimmy G or Carr? Slim pickings. I’d take Carr. 

This is why I have Miami as my #2 option for where Lamar Jackson lands (after Atlanta). I can see Ross throwing a couple of 1sts at Baltimore to bring the Florida kid home.

Good but not good enough. He has gone from underrated to overrated so many times. He is like the emo Cousins. You are better with him than Zach Wilson but it is really hard to imagine him ever taking a team deep in the playoffs. 

I would say if I was the a team like the Jets, it would make sense to get him for a year or 2 and develop a young qb behind him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Also Miami has precious little draft capital so it would be difficult to trade for a QB. They have to find someone to play QB besides Tua and they don’t pick until 52 so Carr makes a lot of sense for them. 

3 hours ago, Gregg said:

It might take him some time to get back to what he was. It took Barkley a couple of years to get back to his elite level of play. As we saw with Tre who struggled last season when came back. I think the Jets will still be relying on Michael Carter and Zonovan Knight in the run game while Breece tries to get back to what he was. 

Does this apply to a 34 year old Von Miller? Or is it a different injury and recovery? 

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Also Miami has precious little draft capital so it would be difficult to trade for a QB. They have to find someone to play QB besides Tua and they don’t pick until 52 so Carr makes a lot of sense for them. 

I can agree that signing Carr could be a smart move by the Fish, but would it be a smart move from Carr's vantage point?

He will be in demand no matter what people think.  He is just turning 32 and will want a 3 year $110M-$120M contract.

March 13th starts to pre-FA negotiation period and I'm pretty sure Carr will want to sign on a team as the undisputed starter.

This gives little time for Miami to figure out what to do with Tua.  If Carr was smart, he will go to a team in the AFCS or NFCS.

17 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I can agree that signing Carr could be a smart move by the Fish, but would it be a smart move from Carr's vantage point?

He will be in demand no matter what people think.  He is just turning 32 and will want a 3 year $110M-$120M contract.

March 13th starts to pre-FA negotiation period and I'm pretty sure Carr will want to sign on a team as the undisputed starter.

This gives little time for Miami to figure out what to do with Tua.  If Carr was smart, he will go to a team in the AFCS or NFCS.

I agree that there are reasons Miami might not be Carr’s optimal choice. The NFC is certainly much more desirable from the standpoint of how he’d rank among QBs in the conference. Tua is much less a factor however. If Miami makes a move for a QB like Carr, then they’re moving on from him. It’s over.

Of course the biggest advantages of going to Miami are Hill, Waddle and a very QB friendly offense. So there’s a lot to be said for choosing the Dolphins if they’re interested. 

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, Gregg said:

Rodgers is a flake. Who knows what he will do. No sure thing he goes there. They could get Jimmy G, but he always seems to get hurt. Which would leave them with White (most likely) or Wilson as the backup having to play for them. 

Yeah, why would he even tell anyone that he was going to sit in the dark for 4 days to contemplate, as weird as it is, except for attention.  Living in Northern California, I’ve been a fan of Rodgers since Cal but he really has become very strange.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.