Damar to play again?

BeastMode54

I just hope he gets his full health back. I doubt many people would play again after going through what he did. I’m sure that many owners, GMs and coaches would not want to put someone who has been through all of that back on the field again either. I don’t know where he stands or where the Bills stand on that, but I expect an abundance of caution. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Where did Dr. Mayer provide a basis for this statement? If the cause was provided as commotio cordis then that seems possible as other athletes have returned after suffering this. But the article states “The cause of his collapse still has not been determined.” so either this appears to be a poorly written article or Dr Mayer is aware of the cause but didn’t reveal it…or just a crappy article.

Two ESPN writers contributed to this article.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I hope not.

Why?

6 minutes ago, Kiva said:

After the season was derailed, the Bills need to distance themselves from Damar. Wish him luck and move on. It’s just not worth the risk. 

WTF? Is this really a thing that you think?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Hamlin was honored on Wednesday as he won the 2023 NFL Players Association Alan Page Community Award. 

“I just want to say, ‘thank you’ and just thank God for being here and thank the other guys who was nominated for the award as well who did the work in their community,” Hamlin said.

“Giving back to my community has always been a big part of who I am. Thankful to my father who is right here behind me. Growing up just watching him do community days in our community and I just always waiting on my time when it came.

“I plan to never take this position for granted and always have an urgent approach in making a difference in the community where I come from and also community across the world,” Hamlin added.

The award “recognizes one player who demonstrates a profound dedication to positively impacting his team’s city and communities across the country,” according to the NFLPA.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I care more about damar Hamlin the person right now than I do the player

Agreed 100%. Having said that, if the person is cleared by his doctors, and he wants to play again, I think it’s his decision to make. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.