Bengals @ Chiefs AFC Championship (Please do not bring Bills commentary in here)

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

So you think the tumble Mahomes took was fake? 

What about both of his feet clearly OOB when he was pushed?

I think the tumble was embellished for sure. I’ve seen him do it 100 times.

FWIW, Allen is one of the more skilled floppers in the league as well.

3 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

It’s also going to get crazy when they have to pay their guys. I know every team with expensive QB’s have this issue, but Bengals ownership is notoriously cheap. Burrow will continue to be great, but I’m not sure about this team over time. 

A QB is only as great as his WRs. Pat struggled today with mid guys.

2 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

but its pretty well known you dont throw a game changing/winning flag in a situation like that unless its agregious. that wasnt at all

Agreed. And not intent to injure, and indeed no harm done to Mahomes. Kind of like throwing a taunting flag in a critical game situation. Or a piddly technical foul late in a close NBA game.  As they say, people don’t pay to see the refs. Let the play on the field decide it. 

Seems the Chiefs were hell bent on making sure they didn't get beat 2 years in a row in their home stadium by the Bengals in the AFC championship.  And last week the Bengals were all fired up about a few things:  how the NFL awarded the Bills the home game in the divisional when had the Bengals won the cancelled game it would have been the other way around, Bills as favorites, and the Bills-Chiefs neutral site tickets sales.  I could be wrong but I think "extra" motivation means something in these games.  

1 minute ago, Bills!Win! said:

My worst nightmare came true. All we will hear about is the Kelce bowl (hate both of them) and how Andy Reid is playing his former team. 

Better than hearing who dey for another 2 weeks and how Burrow is the man.  Cincy has been about the most cocky team in recent memory since last week. Glad they got forcibly humbled tonight.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

It’s just such a close and fast play when the defender is keyed in on stopping him from running up the sideline. I feel for the defender who needs to react at incredible speed on whether to shove or not.

Keep in mind Mahomes has made a living pretending to step out of bounds and then tip toeing for another 4 yards. All that said it is a penalty, just unfortunate.

He should get some Kenny P "fake slide" treatment for exactly this stunt. Swallow your whistles the next few times it happens, let him know its a scummy move. 

• Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Buffarukus said:

not really. the hard truth is josh beat mahomes.  frazier beat josh. 

Josh was playing like a man possessed, but unfortunately, the only thing that matters is the final score.

Fair or unfair, that's how QBs are measured.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

There’s 10 other guys on offense lol and Allen has beat mahomes twice and did all he needed to to win last year.  They’re all great with different strengths/weaknesses 

I don't care anymore about all this who's better crap. Josh has the weakest supporting cast by far.  All 3 are amazing. Hopefully this next season will be missing all the insane drama.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

It’s also going to get crazy when they have to pay their guys. I know every team with expensive QB’s have this issue, but Bengals ownership is notoriously cheap. Burrow will continue to be great, but I’m not sure about this team over time. 

Burrow has one year left before the Bengals make him the highest paid player in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, HomeTeam said:

Bills need more impact players. Players like Chris Jones really show up in key moments. 

I'm curious as to what Beane and McDermott got from this game. They are always preaching growth mindset. They can learn a lot from the Chiefs and the Bengals. 

The Bengals game is a lot different with Von and Daquan in.

That being said, Frazier's milquetoast game plan set the team up for failure.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.