We don’t Need a WR

Rebel101

We need an OC who schemes plays where not all the QBs targets are 20 yards down field on 3rd n short. Our receivers are getting separation. The passes have been off, or it’s been a low % pass schemed at the worst time. This team all year hasn’t taken what the defense has gave them and continuously just tried for the big play. Dorsey and Allen=Erratic 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 18
  • Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

There’s open receivers underneath. 

... and in the flats, routinely.  

The best QBs use that, first, to gain yards, second, to help spread the D out.

Allen's a great QB, he understands this.  A minor tweak to his game.  He did it more last year, but he had Beasley too, more reliable hands than McK or our other slot/short options.

• Agree 1

The Bills/Bengals game was on NFL Network yesterday. I watched just a few minutes. The Bills are driving for the score that would’ve changed the game going into halftime. Singletary is wide open on the check down over the middle for the first down that gets them into field goal range and Josh throws it over his head by five feet. Two plays later McD punts from their side of the 50 with a minute left in the half and everyone in the country knows it’s over. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

They definitely need a WR2.

Gabe is good as your 3rd/4th option, but he’s not a 2.

Agreed. Beasley and Brown ain’t it either 

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

The Bills/Bengals game was on NFL Network yesterday. I watched just a few minutes. The Bills are driving for the score that would’ve changed the game going into halftime. Singletary is wide open on the check down over the middle for the first down that gets them into field goal range and Josh throws it over his head by five feet. Two plays later McD punts from their side of the 50 with a minute left in the half and everyone in the country knows it’s over. 

Yeah I don’t understand the punt either it was literally accepting defeat in my eyes. 

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

... and in the flats, routinely.  

The best QBs use that, first, to gain yards, second, to help spread the D out.

Allen's a great QB, he understands this.  A minor tweak to his game.  He did it more last year, but he had Beasley too, more reliable hands than McK or our other slot/short options.

Comes down to coaching.

8 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Yes we do

We need coaches and yes we do need new receivers but coaching is the main concern 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

51% catch rate.

9 drops.

6 INTs when targeted. 
0 broken tackles

We absolutely need a new #2. 

Link

I wouldn’t say it like that. We need a better 2nd option. We might have that guy on the roster. Dawson Knox IMO can be a 100 target TE. I actually thought they would go that route this year. Also I think a true slot WR is needed.

We don’t necessarily have to replace Gabe, just make him a 3rd or 4th option.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I wouldn’t say it like that. We need a better 2nd option. We might have that guy on the roster. Dawson Knox IMO can be a 100 target TE. I actually thought they would go that route this year. Also I think a true slot WR is needed.

We don’t necessarily have to replace Gabe, just make him a 3rd or 4th option.

I want to keep him on the roster, he’s still young and developing. I just want the team to sign another vet to push him like they did with Sanders. 

12 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

We definitely need an upgrade at WR. Especially if he catch the ball over the middle. Davis is beyond horrible at it. 

Joe Marino said it beat the other day. We have turned into a vertical passing offense mainly because Davis is so limited in his route tree. He has a hard time with intermediate routes and is basically a one trick pony that goes deep or not much else. WR2 is a glaring need because of these issues. Teams figured it out with him. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

We need an OC who schemes plays where not all the QBs targets are 20 yards down field on 3rd n short. Our receivers are getting separation. The passes have been off, or it’s been a low % pass schemed at the worst time. This team all year hasn’t taken what the defense has gave them and continuously just tried for the big play. Dorsey and Allen=Erratic 

I feel the same they have always looked for the BIG PLAY instead of taking what was there it looked as if Josh was doing that in the very beginning of the season but then as it went along like with the running game they would just stop .

The Bills had all the weaponry they needed this year on offense to make it to a championship but like a drag race if you have the HP in the motor but you put a bad driver in the car your going to lose .

This game Josh stood back & took way to much time looking down field & it just wasn't there in the time he had ! I would love to see the all 22 tape i bet every play there would have been someone open underneath . The Bills saw what Burrow was doing that was the exact game plan Dorsey should have been calling for Josh .

Quick underneath passes it would have helped the O line and slowed down the pass rush & more than likely opened up the run game more & 1 would think that given that Dorsey was a QB he would have saw that & made the proper adjustments or Josh just went rogue & was playing hero ball again .

If nothing else they for sure had better save this tape & learn something from it & if this situation comes up again someone needs a ass chewing at the very least !! 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

I want to keep him on the roster, he’s still young and developing. I just want the team to sign another vet to push him like they did with Sanders. 

I would rather draft someone to develop behind him. We need a better slot WR. They can’t trust Shakir to be the guy. Got get someone that will get open for Josh.

Hunter Renfrow? Trade and extend? We’ll see.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I would rather draft someone to develop behind him. We need a better slot WR. They can’t trust Shakir to be the guy. Got get someone that will get open for Josh.

Hunter Renfrow? Trade and extend? We’ll see.

Renfrow under contract until 2026 with two voidable years. He's a good player but with a $13 million cap hit the next two seasons he might be a tad too expensive. 

If your team is bringing in retired WR’s during the season because the WR’s on the team aren’t getting the job done (outside of Diggs), then those WR’s are garbage. Davis a not a #2WR, he’s a #3/4. McKenzie is a gadget player and not a consistent slot WR. Too soon to tell on Shakir, but banking on a low round draft pick to be an instant contributor was a horrible and stupid gamble.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.