Jump to content

Who is your choice for DC?


Buffalo03
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

Leslie Frazier's contract is now up and if McDermott and Beane are smart, he will not be resigned. I personally would like Vic Fangio. He had solid defenses in San Francisco and Chicago when he was with both teams. He's older but would be one of my top choices

You'd be starting completely over defensively with that hire. Everyone complaining about wasting Josh's window - you're talking a 2-3 year transition from a personnel standpoint with a move like that.

  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The real question is — will McDermott be willing to play a defensive scheme other than his own Cover 2, zone heavy scheme that doesn’t work against good offenses?

 

If he’s unwilling to change, we will end up with another Leslie Frazier who is probably less experienced and talented than Leslie Frazier.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HoofHearted said:

You'd be starting completely over defensively with that hire. Everyone complaining about wasting Josh's window - you're talking a 2-3 year transition from a personnel standpoint with a move like that.

People never consider that. VIc Fangio runs a 3-4 defense. We'd need a bunch of LBs and a NT.

  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, HoofHearted said:

Good luck with that lol. You wanna talk about seeing fans pulling their hair out. 😂

This is why players should only be drafted that fit multiple schemes. If a DC leaves or a coach decides to change a scheme, then only picking players that fit one particular scheme are useless

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

The real question is — will McDermott be willing to play a defensive scheme other than his own Cover 2, zone heavy scheme that doesn’t work against good offenses?

 

If he’s unwilling to change, we will end up with another Leslie Frazier who is probably less experienced and talented than Leslie Frazier.

1. We play way more 3 and Quarters than we do true Cover 2.

2. The Eagles aren't having any issues stopping good offenses running the exact same scheme.

 

I get it, fans over-react and want to point blame at someone. We got beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. You can't overcome that regardless of the scheme.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HoofHearted said:

You'd be starting completely over defensively with that hire. Everyone complaining about wasting Josh's window - you're talking a 2-3 year transition from a personnel standpoint with a move like that.

 

Josh's window is at least a decade. No one else matters.

 

What we are doing isn't working. It beats up on bad teams and folds under good offenses. Get it right is what we need to do. Continuity is great... And it's why I'm cool with giving Dorsey another year, but the defense has been continually exposed in big moments, and that's not the continuity we need.

 

I'm not neccesarily advocating for Vic, but we need a wholesale sea change in philosophy on defense or it's the same song and dance. Just getting Von healthy and praying he stays that way isn't gonna do it.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Heavy Kevi said:

 

Josh's window is at least a decade. No one else matters.

 

What we are doing isn't working. It beats up on bad teams and folds under good offenses. Get it right is what we need to do. Continuity is great... And it's why I'm cool with giving Dorsey another year, but the defense has been continually exposed in big moments, and that's not the continuity we need.

 

I'm not neccesarily advocating for Vic, but we need a wholesale sea change in philosophy on defense or it's the same song and dance. Just getting Von healthy and praying he stays that way isn't gonna do it.

Again, the Eagles aren't having any problems running the same defensive scheme. The difference is they have DUDES across their defensive line and we don't.

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wanted Jim Schwartz, but he was hired by the Browns yesterday

 

So for a complete clarity let's try Beane doesn't hire anyone, and McDermott handle his defense by himself (which was the case anyway?), let Dorsey doing no change next year, and see that nothing of those 2 sides work, so we can be sure it was a complete failure on both sides

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...