Who do you want fired Poll

PrimeTime101

Real Simple, Who do you want fired  

537 members have voted

1. 1. The Day After. We had time to think about it. Who needs to be fired if any?

• Clean House. GM, HC, OC, DC, the whole lot.
    • The HC
    • The OC
    • The DC
    • Just the OC and DC
    • None. Trust the Process.

7 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I like Daboll and think a lot of posters here were crazy to rip him. I think it’s telling that he elevated the chicken**** that was Daniel Jones into a semi-edible QB sandwich. Meanwhile the Bills offense still had a lot of success, but they sure seemed to regress later in this season and in the playoffs. I think they were rolling and then got figured out a bit and could not adjust. 

Daniel Jones had 15 TDs in 16 games. The health of Saquon Barkley carried that offense.

Josh Allen was injured, let’s just start there . The redzone offense started slow and became one of the best by the end of the season. The run game improved as the season went on. I don’t think the weapons were as good as we thought they’d be.

Dorsey being a first year OC as well. There’s going to be learning. You don’t fire that guy. Not after 1 season. You make the needed roster changes and build on last year.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Dislike 1

I don't care. This team finally did it to me. They should have been much better, but the arrogance surrounding this staff and lack of any sort of true introspective insight has finally accomplished what the longest playoff drought couldn't.. I just don't care.

I'll watch some games next year. If they win, that will be nice, but I I won't be following the offseason and training camps daily. I have other things that come up on Sundays that seem like time better spent. If they're not going to put in the effort to take advantage of the unique opportunity they had then I'll put my effort elsewhere. 

There's no coach out there right now that could come in and instantly fix this like a Pederson. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yep.

The crowd was every bit as embarrassing as the Bills.

When a lift was needed, it never came.

When we needed a deafening noise to at least try to put Burrow off his game even a little, it didn't happen.

A limp-wristed effort all round.

Have seen some stupid comments lately, this might take the cake. Blaming the fans? The crowd was super loud. Guessing you weren't there while we were making noise while the players allowed them to move down the field at will and score possession after possesion? The Bengals fans were cheering because they were whooping our ass on the field.

3 minutes ago, Rocbillsfan1 said:

Have seen some stupid comments lately, this might take the cake. Blaming the fans? The crowd was super loud. Guessing you weren't there while we were making noise while the players allowed them to move down the field at will and score possession after possesion? The Bengals fans were cheering because they were whooping our ass on the field.

I blame the ones that sold their tickets.

1 hour ago, boater said:

I love Bills Mafia suggestion that no less than Frank Reich should be hired as OC. The sentimentality is cute.

Did  Reich proponents ever consider for one second that he doesn't want to be OC, or he doesn't want to live in Buffalo? He is after all, comfortably ensconced in Indy.

Armchair owners kill me. They think they're playing Madden in owner mode.

You think Reich is a "cute sentimental" choice? because he was a QB here? I guess a SB winning OC who took a pile of dog poop like Nick Foles and made him into a SB winner wasnt relevant to the thought process?

As for the "ensconced" in Indy line, I'm sure he was ensconced in Philly before getting Indy, and he was probably "ensconced" in Buffalo when he played here. Whatever the hell that means .

After some thought.  I don’t see any of them being let go.  And it’s as easy as:

Beane won’t ever choose to fire Mcdermott. 

McDermott will never choose to fire Frazier.  He respects him too much and Frazier coaches D the way McD wants his D to play.

McDermott won’t fire a rookie OC.  He’ll give him another chance.

Terry and Kim trust these two.  They’ve heard the horror stories of franchise past and they’re afraid to make such a move at this stage of the process.  

jmo

15 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

You think Reich is a "cute sentimental" choice? because he was a QB here? I guess a SB winning OC who took a pile of dog poop like Nick Foles and made him into a SB winner wasnt relevant to the thought process?

As for the "ensconced" in Indy line, I'm sure he was ensconced in Philly before getting Indy, and he was probably "ensconced" in Buffalo when he played here. Whatever the hell that means .

As I stated before for another poster regarding ensconced:

Yeah. He's got money in the bank and his kids may be in a school they like and extra-curricular activities that make them happy. He might like his house. His wife might like Indy.

Point is: for those who have some bank, which should be Reich, there's more to life than professional decisions. 

Don't be so arrogant as to think a Bflo OC job is all that.

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

I don't care. This team finally did it to me. They should have been much better, but the arrogance surrounding this staff and lack of any sort of true introspective insight has finally accomplished what the longest playoff drought couldn't.. I just don't care.

I'll watch some games next year. If they win, that will be nice, but I I won't be following the offseason and training camps daily. I have other things that come up on Sundays that seem like time better spent. If they're not going to put in the effort to take advantage of the unique opportunity they had then I'll put my effort elsewhere. 

There's no coach out there right now that could come in and instantly fix this like a Pederson. 

See you at training camp. 

1 hour ago, Malazan said:

Several years of awful drafting is catching up to the team, and I think it will hit hard next year.  I have no faith in this regime to invest and improve the offense.  They are too narrow minded around the Defense

• Agree 1

Problem is nothing will change  McDermott is not going to suddenly switch to aggressive style of defense Je's going to continue to play mediocre known talent instead of giving young guys a shot   They will continue to value "process" guys.    Beane will continue to suck at drafting in the early rounds  They will keep the nepotism going and bring back retreads and the Carolina connection  We wont address the O line and they will continue to overpay guys they drafted even if they are just mediocre  Wait till they franchise tag Edmunds  He will make terrible in game decisions and continue to blunder through time outs and challenges Nothing going to change  We'll whoop up on clown teams and Josh will win a few games on his own we should have lost  Playoffs will come and soon as we play the big boy teams we'll get embarrassed again

3 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

What was Brees before Payton, solid QB that when he was a few agent only 2 teams bothered to give him an offer both with limited money. 

Before Payton Brees had thrown 3500 yards only once in his career, never 30 TD. Career best year was 3576 yd, 24 td, 15 int... never supported a WR for a 1000 yard season before Payton, only one time in his car before Payton he get any guy 1k, which was Gates 1k in 2005 for one year. Once Payton got his hands on him he was throwing 4-5k yards and 30-40 TD seasons at will. Career 84.9 qb rating before Payton, career 101.5 with him. 

Brees as great as the production was, was a limited QB that Payton successfully game planned for and designed an offense for. Brees limitations routinely raised their ugly head late in the year in outdoor games where he didn't have the arm strength to execute outside the dome.

hr had a bad injury in last year before being a free agent.  Thr isdue was his injury and what would you get for him.

you can’t measure coaches by Super Bowls in this league.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

After some thought.  I don’t see any of them being let go.  And it’s as easy as:

McDermott will never choose to fire Frazier.  He respects him too much and Frazier coaches D the way McD wants his D to play.

Terry and Kim trust these two.  They’ve heard the horror stories of franchise past and they’re afraid to make such a move at this stage of the process.  

jmo

Not this offseason anyway...

Only change may be if Leslie gets a "retirement" offer that he accepts... and if that happens they will probably promote a new DC from within...

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DocLawless said:

Why is beane safe in your eyes? What good has he done besides draft Josh Allen and trade for Diggs? So many mid at best players he’s drafted, signed or traded for over the past four years. Now we are cap strapped with a ton of roster holes and bad contracts for mediocre players. 

Ok, ***** it. Burn the whole thing down. 

if it meant getting rid of Frazier, I’m ok with Beane walking. Frazier is not only not good, he’s truly a liability. 

• Agree 2

It makes no sense to fire Frazier.  He just helps McD come up with the game plan and prepare the defense.  But it's ultimately McD's D.

I'm really disappointed in Dorsey.  Some of his game plans and play calls were head scratchers - regardless of what the end-of-year stats tell us.

And then there's Beane.  You've got to give the man credit - he's built a playoff roster.  But the remaining holes are maddening, especially his failure to build a good OL.  

I'm not hot to fire anyone.  

7 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I trust McDermott as a CEO type and he's improved (the last two weeks notwithstanding) in his aggressiveness and gameday decision-making from year-to-year.  I don't want to see us cut bait and end up with a clear downgrade, which, let's be real, is the most likely scenario should McDermott get the axe (he won't so this conversation is moot anyway).

I'm kind of torn on Frazier.  It's easy to B word and moan about the 3rd and longs we've given up at times this season, but most of those had decent coverage and our corners just made lousy plays on the ball.  Yesterday was different in that he had guys running free all over the field, but we were playing with our hands tied behind our backs due to the injuries up front and in the secondary.  Trust me, I won't cry if he's let go, but I'm pretty confident that just replacing him with anyone isn't a good idea.  It needs to be a clear upgrade - an innovative and aggressive defensive playcaller.

I want Dorsey gone.  Other than serving as Josh's QB coach, he didn't have a resume worthy of being handed the reins to a SB contending offense.  Our offense under Dorsey may have generally been a continuation of Daboll's Erhardt/Perkins scheme, but at least Daboll would come up with some imaginative wrinkles to get guys in space for some easy yardage when we were really struggling.  We saw nothing of that from Dorsey.  Just drop Josh back and have him hold the ball forever and wait for guys to run open.  Not a recipe for success behind a struggling offensive line in December/January weather.  Either roll the dice on a young imaginative guy with real upside or hire a veteran OC that can rein in Josh's worse tendencies.  Continuity and "process" failed us here. 

Fraziers issue is scheme. He's got one and they were exposed with a qb that looks them off. Lbs and dbs look at eyes (Milano being the exception). His zone prevents the need for excellent dbs. It allows for yardage to be chewed up and stiffen up in red zone. Poor tackling is his moniker. He is fundamentals poor.

2 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

Problem is nothing will change  McDermott is not going to suddenly switch to aggressive style of defense Je's going to continue to play mediocre known talent instead of giving young guys a shot   They will continue to value "process" guys.    Beane will continue to suck at drafting in the early rounds  They will keep the nepotism going and bring back retreads and the Carolina connection  We wont address the O line and they will continue to overpay guys they drafted even if they are just mediocre  Wait till they franchise tag Edmunds  He will make terrible in game decisions and continue to blunder through time outs and challenges Nothing going to change  We'll whoop up on clown teams and Josh will win a few games on his own we should have lost  Playoffs will come and soon as we play the big boy teams we'll get embarrassed again

Edmunds wants out to play strong side lb not mlb

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

jmo

That and they will not pay Payton 10 years 100 million.  

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

jmo

Thinking of this possibility just makes me laugh and pissed off at the same time.. Literally NOTHING will change if the staff stays the same. NOTHING.

We might as well stop bickering, and start a thread for "Jan 2024" and bounce ideas of how the coach and staff get out coached again!

We need new ideas, schemes and tough talented players.  This Character non sense ran its course..  How the ***** does  every position in a playoff game look unprepared and uninterested. 

Edited by billsfan3482

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.