Who do you want fired Poll

PrimeTime101

Real Simple, Who do you want fired  

537 members have voted

1. 1. The Day After. We had time to think about it. Who needs to be fired if any?

• Clean House. GM, HC, OC, DC, the whole lot.
    • The HC
    • The OC
    • The DC
    • Just the OC and DC
    • None. Trust the Process.

13 minutes ago, boater said:

I love Bills Mafia suggestion that no less than Frank Reich should be hired as OC. The sentimentality is cute.

Did  Reich proponents ever consider for one second that he doesn't want to be OC, or he doesn't want to live in Buffalo? He is after all, comfortably ensconced in Indy.

Armchair owners kill me. They think they're playing Madden in owner mode.

Comfortably ensconced in Indy? He was fired mid season. I’m sure he would like to work again.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

OC - Frank Reich - Had Wentz playing near pro-bowl level, got a lot out of Foles. Will reign in Allen some. Good chance for Reich to retool his coaching resume

My friend, this puts us at a distinct disadvantage. If we win a Super Bowl or if we simply have a good year, Frank Reich is gone, some team will hire him away from us. This would be a reoccurring theme for Buffalo if McD remains the HC. You’re better off just making him our HC so Josh at least has some sense of stability.

• Agree 1

I’d like to know what you have seen to make you believe that with the ascent of the bengals and dominance of the chiefs

Makes you truly believe this team under clapping McDermott will and can contend for a championship?

his decision making has been really sketchy against excellent opponents I don’t trust his process anymore than to get a wildcard win 

• Agree 1

I voted to fire the OC and DC.  I don't actually feel strongly about firing either of these guys -- Frazier has been reliable and Dorsey has room to grow -- but on par I would be open to parting ways with either or both. 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh Allen is a product of what this coaching staff built. 

Wait, what?  Josh Allen is a product of pass blockers who can't pass block?  He's the product of deep threats who can't haul in on-target deep balls?  He's the product of jet-sweep gadget guys being pressed into service as full-time slot receivers?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Comfortably ensconced in Indy? He was fired mid season. I’m sure he would like to work again.

Yeah. He's got money in the bank and his kids may be in a school they like and extra-curricular activities that make them happy. He might like his house. His wife might like Indy.

Point is: for those who have some bank, which should be Reich, there's more to life than professional decisions. 

10 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Josh Allen is a product of what this coaching staff built. Dorsey and Frazier will get another year.

I’d say Daboll was the biggest factor in Allen’s development. Dorsey and even Palmer certainly helped - and obviously Allen put in the work. But Daboll was the mentor and guide that mattered most. 

3 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

My friend, this puts us at a distinct disadvantage. If we win a Super Bowl or if we simply have a good year, Frank Reich is gone, some team will hire him away from us. This would be a reoccurring theme for Buffalo if McD remains the HC. You’re better off just making him our HC so Josh at least has some sense of stability.

I understand this POV. It is becoming more common. Guys like Colin Cowherd have been banging that drum for half the season. There is some merit to it. I'd gladly take a SB win and lose the coordinator.

I strongly feel that Beane is not a strong draft talent evaluator. Before I am ready to fully commit to that, which would probably mean a full house cleaning, I want to see if it is a coaching issue. Let's see a new OC & DC work with the roster and find out where the failure point is. Beane and McDermott deserve one more year to make a push, but they clearly need strong OC & DC with a different approach to what is currently being done to get over the hump.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanSD said:

I voted to fire the OC and DC.  I don't actually feel strongly about firing either of these guys -- Frazier has been reliable and Dorsey has room to grow -- but on par I would be open to parting ways with either or both. 

Wait, what?  Josh Allen is a product of pass blockers who can't pass block?  He's the product of deep threats who can't haul in on-target deep balls?  He's the product of jet-sweep gadget guys being pressed into service as full-time slot receivers?

I don’t think the players are actually as good as the team has been. Only a few players are actually good, Allen and Diggs to name 2.

We don’t have a lot of individual talent that can win their matchups consistently. We have a lot of players that play within a system.

We need more players that can win their matchups. Meaning we need better talent.

22 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Off the top of my head, I would like either Brian Callahan or Frank Reich. Callahan is ridiculously overqualified to be a HC. He’s worked with Burrow, Carr, Stafford and Manning and was successful with all of them. Pay this guy $10M/yr to come in and be our HC. (Frank Reich would be my last ditch option.)

Could be a good hire.  I don’t know enough about him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I’d say Daboll was the biggest factor in Allen’s development. Dorsey and even Palmer certainly helped - and obviously Allen put in the work. But Daboll was the mentor and guide that mattered most. 

Possibly. I’m a big Daboll supporter. This board hated Daboll until Allen got hot last year. I defended Daboll and his system.

Dorsey has been here working under Daboll. There’s a lot of the same with Dorsey. Daboll obviously a more experienced play caller.

at minimum I'd look elsewhere for DC.  Honestly I think most people greatly over rated our roster. Not sure how much of the defenses lack of talent can be hidden but least try and come up with new wrinkles other than showing all out pressure and dropping out  Every team has seen it now for 5 seasons  Nobody is scared to come in and face this pass rush  This is a team with sub par O line and D line and overcomes with elite qb play Brandon Beane needs to start hitting on his 1st and 2nd round pick  No more role players  No more projects  Draft plug and play guys with physical attributes that suggest upside  Our luck he will draft a halfback and ask him to gain 30 lbs and play lber

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, boater said:

I love Bills Mafia suggestion that no less than Frank Reich should be hired as OC. The sentimentality is cute.

Did  Reich proponents ever consider for one second that he doesn't want to be OC, or he doesn't want to live in Buffalo? He is after all, comfortably ensconced in Indy.

Armchair owners kill me. They think they're playing Madden in owner mode.

Reich is being floated as an OC option for many reasons not just based on 'sentimentality'.

Most failed HC go back to a coordinator role to reestablish themselves as quality coaches. This is the coaching lifecycle in the NFL.

Reich's biggest issue in Indy was over the hill QBs. He got the most out of Wentz in Philly.

Do you remember who was coaching Wentz during his best seasons? Do you remember when pundits and fans were hoping Allen could become Wentz?

Yeah that was due in large part to Reich being his OC, and Pederson HC. Even when Wentz was lost to injury Reich got the most out of Foles since a coach named Andy Reid.

If I am Reich and do not get a HC offer, I certainly want to be an OC. The one thing I would look for is a terrific QB talent to work with.

The Chargers will have an OC opening with Herbert. I am sure that would be an interesting option for him too.

You are aware he has moved around like other coaches? Indy to Arizona to San Diego to Philadelphia back to Indy

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Possibly. I’m a big Daboll supporter. This board hated Daboll until Allen got hot last year. I defended Daboll and his system.

Dorsey has been here working under Daboll. There’s a lot of the same with Dorsey. Daboll obviously a more experienced play caller.

I like Daboll and think a lot of posters here were crazy to rip him. I think it’s telling that he elevated the chicken**** that was Daniel Jones into a semi-edible QB sandwich. Meanwhile the Bills offense still had a lot of success, but they sure seemed to regress later in this season and in the playoffs. I think they were rolling and then got figured out a bit and could not adjust. 

36 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Off the top of my head, I would like either Brian Callahan or Frank Reich. Callahan is ridiculously overqualified to be a HC. He’s worked with Burrow, Carr, Stafford and Manning and was successful with all of them. Pay this guy $10M/yr to come in and be our HC. (Frank Reich would be my last ditch option.)

If the Bills were to clean house (not thinking they will) Callahan is a very good suggestion.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.