Who do you want fired Poll

PrimeTime101

Real Simple, Who do you want fired  

537 members have voted

1. 1. The Day After. We had time to think about it. Who needs to be fired if any?

• Clean House. GM, HC, OC, DC, the whole lot.
    • The HC
    • The OC
    • The DC
    • Just the OC and DC
    • None. Trust the Process.

2 hours ago, stevestojan said:

Getting to the playoffs is no longer good enough. Both coordinators embarrassed their teams yesterday, and I’d argue Frazier has done it more often than not. We’re truly paper Tigers as the roster looked unbeatable but crumbled with some of the weakest schemes and strategy I’ve ever seen. 

edit: and as much as we love captain clappy, yesterday, down 14, he went nuts clapping on a 2nd down stop. He’sa defensive cheerleader. And the only reason I didn’t pick “clean house” was because you included Beane in there. 

Why is beane safe in your eyes? What good has he done besides draft Josh Allen and trade for Diggs? So many mid at best players he’s drafted, signed or traded for over the past four years. Now we are cap strapped with a ton of roster holes and bad contracts for mediocre players. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think a fairly large portion of the fanbase wants to retain McDermott, simply because the Bills have been a horrible franchise for most of their existence and McDermott is way better than almost all coaches we've ever had.

That's not the right mindset for evaluation here.

The benchmark is not how he compares to past Bills coaches; the benchmark is how does he compare to the best coaches in the game today.

Who do you want to replace him with?  That’s the key.  If you’re going to move on, you better have a better plan.  Firing mcdermott on its own, is a terrible idea.  Firing McD while having a viable successor in mind, I’m ok with.  

for the record.  I’m a mcdermott fan.  I think he deserves another year….but I’d be happy if we traded for Payton.  If you’re going to fire him and roll the dice on someone, he seems like a good place to start.  Not sure how many, if any, other coaching candidates I’d prefer over McD right now.  

1 minute ago, ArtVandalay said:

What was Brees before Payton, solid QB that when he was a few agent only 2 teams bothered to give him an offer both with limited money. 

Before Payton Brees had thrown 3500 yards only once in his career, never 30 TD. Career best year was 3576 yd, 24 td, 15 int... never supported a WR for a 1000 yard season before Payton, only one time in his car before Payton he get any guy 1k, which was Gates 1k in 2005 for one year. Once Payton got his hands on him he was throwing 4-5k yards and 30-40 TD seasons at will. Career 84.9 qb rating before Payton, career 101.5 with him. 

Brees as great as the production was, was a limited QB that Payton successfully game planned for and designed an offense for. Brees limitations routinely raised their ugly head late in the year in outdoor games where he didn't have the arm strength to execute outside the dome.

Brees was about the most accurate passing QBs ever! He spent 5 seasons in San Diego and took them to an 11-4 record in 2004. 10-6 in 2006.

Passed for over 3000 yards in 3 of his 5 years at SD. The Chargers were a run first team under Marty Schottenheimer back then. LT! 

Ex Buffalo Bills director of pro personnel, AJ Smith drafted Eli Manning who refused to play in SD so they traded with the NY Giants for Phillip Rivers who they drafted #1.

AJ Smith wanted Rivers to be the starting QB.

Besides, Brees suffered a serious shoulder injury. Both NO and Miami were interested. NO gave Brees 10 mill guaranteed, a 6 year 60 million dollar deal. 

Dolphins HC was Nick Saban who went on to say he really, really regretted choosing Daunte Culpepper over Brees. As Bills fan I'm extremely happy Brees hurt his shoulder and he did not become a Miami Dolphin.

I put Sean Payton in the Mike Tomlin category in that he was always in the playoffs with Big Ben at QB. Whatever team he chooses will need to have a top QB. 

Lastly, You know who else didn't have top arm strength and was also very, very accurate.

Yea, Joe Montana. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think he is going to wait it out. 

I think he should too.  I just think there’s a good chance Denver is gonna way overpay and present him with an offer he can’t refuse.  Maybe he’ll stand his ground.  He’ll likely have his choice of Josh Allen and Justin Herbert next year 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BucketList said:

Do not offer a new contract to Frazier. He doesn’t show much emotion and neither does his defense lately.

I would say Josh Allen should make the call with respect to Dorsey. 

This THIS RIGHT HERE... may be the problem. Josh's best buddy is OC. There is a question to be answered.... Does Josh Audible away from Dorsey's play calling to much? Does Josh need an OC that is going to rein in that beast a little bit?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1. We need an inventive offensive mind who is going to put Josh into the positions to succeed with better schemes. Dorsey is N0T that guy. We had a good sample of his "talents" and they were as close to Walmart Great value Vanilla ice cream as possible. I would fire Dorsey and hire Frank Reich. An OC that coached Nick Foles to a SB and a good fit with McD due to full Jesus love.

2. Frazier is too old school defensive mentality. Worked great on the 85 Bears, they just showed up and dominated but not anymore. He needs to be fired immediately. Yesterday  he lost whatever credibility as a coach he might have had. Bring in a young defensive coach or a seasoned one. Anyone is better than Frazier.

3. Keep McD but next year is it . If you cant get us there, you are gone.  TBH Im actually not convinced that McD should even survive after 13 secs and this embarrassment but I think the players like the stability he brings.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Problem is, if we keep McD, it will be more of the same old, same old. If Allen has a great year our OC/QB coach will continue to get hired right from underneath us. Hiring an offensive mind like Brian Callahan or Frank Reich would provide Allen with long term stability as far as the system we run and coaching goes. Also I do not think that McD would be willing to dump Frazier nor Dorsey anyways.

Fire them, start over. We can afford to bring the brightest minds in at this point. Give Allen a QB connoisseur to work with. The one consistency that just about every team had in the playoffs this year is having bright, innovative gurus on the offensive side of the ball to go with their franchise QBs.

Time to move on.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

1. We need an inventive offensive mind who is going to put Josh into the positions to succeed with better schemes. Dorsey is N0T that guy. We had a good sample of his "talents" and they were as close to Walmart Great value Vanilla ice cream as possible. I would fire Dorsey and hire Frank Reich. An OC that coached Nick Foles to a SB and a good fit with McD due to full Jesus love.

2. Frazier is too old school defensive mentality. Worked great on the 85 Bears, they just showed up and dominated but not anymore. He needs to be fired immediately. Yesterday  he lost whatever credibility as a coach he might have had. Bring in a young defensive coach or a seasoned one. Anyone is better than Frazier.

3. Keep McD but next year is it . If you cant get us there, you are gone.  TBH Im actually not convinced that McD should even survive after 13 secs and this embarrassment but I think the players like the stability he brings.

Its not what the players like, its what is going to make players produce.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Bills Mafia. There was a loud Who Dey chant in our stadium.

Yep.

The crowd was every bit as embarrassing as the Bills.

When a lift was needed, it never came.

When we needed a deafening noise to at least try to put Burrow off his game even a little, it didn't happen.

A limp-wristed effort all round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SydneyBillsFan said:

Yep.

The crowd was every bit as embarrassing as the Bills.

When a lift was needed, it never came.

When we needed a deafening noise to at least try to put Burrow off his game even a little, it didn't happen.

A limp-wristed effort all round.

Buffalo was taken out of the game fast and there was not enough uplifting moments in the game. Surely we are not blaming the fanbase for that game...

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Who do you want to replace him with?  That’s the key.  If you’re going to move on, you better have a better plan.  Firing mcdermott on its own, is a terrible idea.  Firing McD while having a viable successor in mind, I’m ok with.  

for the record.  I’m a mcdermott fan.  I think he deserves another year….but I’d be happy if we traded for Payton.  If you’re going to fire him and roll the dice on someone, he seems like a good place to start.  Not sure how many, if any, other coaching candidates I’d prefer over McD right now.  

I have never even thought of a coach trade. I am a fan of Happy Clap as well but yesterday was a fireable offense.

• Agree 1

36 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

drafting good and setting up a team for success are 2 different things.

Again, I have no idea what you are taking about?

This years Buffalo Bills went 14-4.

If anything they were outcoached on both sides of the ball against Cincy. One guy is a rookie and the other caused the 13 seconds.  The GM doesn't coach the team.

This team has enough talent to get to and win a SB, IMHO. 

I love Bills Mafia suggestion that no less than Frank Reich should be hired as OC. The sentimentality is cute.

Did  Reich proponents ever consider for one second that he doesn't want to be OC, or he doesn't want to live in Buffalo? He is after all, comfortably ensconced in Indy.

Armchair owners kill me. They think they're playing Madden in owner mode.

28 minutes ago, DocLawless said:

Why is beane safe in your eyes? What good has he done besides draft Josh Allen and trade for Diggs? So many mid at best players he’s drafted, signed or traded for over the past four years. Now we are cap strapped with a ton of roster holes and bad contracts for mediocre players. 

Looking back at the drafts and FA contracts now, I agree 100%  Outside of Allen, Diggs, he has failed.  We will be watching some other team next weekend once again, largely in part because of Beanes drafting and defensive focus.  Add in the fact you have Josh Allen as your Qb, how does one consider where we are now a success?  Without Allen we would be at the bottom of the Afce, and thats on Beane

Edited by Gunsgoodtime
  • Agree 2

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Off the top of my head, I would like either Brian Callahan or Frank Reich. Callahan is ridiculously overqualified to be a HC. He’s worked with Burrow, Carr, Stafford and Manning and was successful with all of them. Pay this guy $10M/yr to come in and be our HC. (Frank Reich would be my last ditch option.)

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

Again, I have no idea what you are taking about?

This years Buffalo Bills went 14-4.

If anything they were outcoached on both sides of the ball against Cincy. One guy is a rookie and the other caused the 13 seconds.  The GM doesn't coach the team.

This team has enough talent to get to and win a SB, IMHO. 

Thank Josh Allen on 10 of those wins. Maybe a quarter were actual team wins.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

1) I disagree, we don’t need an “inventive” offense like the Cardinals, we need the personnel (offensive line, another top quality receiver, an experienced oc) to run a more balanced offense. Be able both run and pass and attack and opponent’s weakness effectively. 

2)the defense we run is inventive and needs to be MORE old school (imo). The defense they run and the personnel they use plays on our side of the line of scrimmage rather than trying to be disruptive of the opponent’s side. Again we need to be able to do ALL the things on defense and eliminate opponents strengths. I think the biggest problem is the whole defense revolves around Edmunds who is not suited to do half the things he’s asked to do. If they like him so much HE should be the nickel corner (in a sense) and we should get a more traditional middle linebacker. We need a whole attitude/philosophy adjustment on defense. Need an enforcer on every level. 

• Disagree 1

16 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Most I've agreed with a post on this emotionally charged day.

OC - Frank Reich - Had Wentz playing near pro-bowl level, got a lot out of Foles. Will reign in Allen some. Good chance for Reich to retool his coaching resume

DC - Vic Fangio - proven aggressive defensive leader. May win a Super Bowl with Eagles this year. He is currently a 'defensive consultant' for the Eagles. A DC job would be a big promotion. I love his defenses. He is a bit older, may want a younger guy.

Let's see what those coordinators or similar could do with the roster Bean puts together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.