Who do you want fired Poll

PrimeTime101

Real Simple, Who do you want fired  

537 members have voted

1. 1. The Day After. We had time to think about it. Who needs to be fired if any?

• Clean House. GM, HC, OC, DC, the whole lot.
    • The HC
    • The OC
    • The DC
    • Just the OC and DC
    • None. Trust the Process.

46 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Who cares what we pay Payton, Terry cuts the check it doesn't impact salary cap or the team in any manner what so ever. 

The first round pick is an investment. But spending that pick on him will have a much bigger impact than whatever guy Beane selects.

I hear ya.  We aren’t cutting the check but the check is an obstacle. As is the draft pick.  As is their love for McDermott.  As is Beanes love for McDermott.  

I’m just speaking the reality of the situation.   If we make it happen, I’m all for it. I just don’t think it has much of a chance (if any) of happening.  I think he’ll end up in Denver making 25M a year 

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya.  We aren’t cutting the check but the check is an obstacle. As is the draft pick.  As is their love for McDermott.  As is Beanes love for McDermott.  

I’m just speaking the reality of the situation.   If we make it happen, I’m all for it. I just don’t think it has much of a chance (if any) of happening.  I think he’ll end up in Denver making 25M a year 

was with you till you said denver

I don’t want to be overly reactive but some adjustments need to be made. Even if the coaching staff comes back the team needs to tilt its resources away from defense and back into the offense. Spend the first four picks of the draft on offense spend some money to add starters to the offensive side of the ball. McD tried to have an all time defensive team with an offense carried by a QB and it didn’t work for various reasons some out of their control others within their control. You need to adapt the team building.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

was with you till you said denver

Where do you think he’ll end up?

They have more money than anyone and they are desperate.  I think they’ll match anyone offer + 5M.  Thats my thought process. 

I think a fairly large portion of the fanbase wants to retain McDermott, simply because the Bills have been a horrible franchise for most of their existence and McDermott is way better than almost all coaches we've ever had.

That's not the right mindset for evaluation here.

The benchmark is not how he compares to past Bills coaches; the benchmark is how does he compare to the best coaches in the game today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I think a fairly large portion of the fanbase wants to retain McDermott, simply because the Bills have been a horrible franchise for most of their existence and McDermott is way better than almost all coaches we've ever had.

The benchmark is not how he compares to past Bills coaches; the benchmark is how does he compare to the best coaches in the game today.

Way better than almost all the coaches we had, BUT the next one will be better!!?  No guarantee. 

3 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Understand your POV. I personally think the GM did a botch job in Allen's 5 year window.

That said, I would like to see what a vet OC and DC with different approaches could do with the roster. Most of the key starters will be here (there will be some losses).

If a new OC and DC can't get more out of the roster, then it may be time to look at GM and HC.

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I think THIS year it is not going to be just about the money

So you think he’ll wait til next year?  Or would rather take a different team?  What other teams do you think he’ll be interested in?

Carolina is the only team (with a current vacancy) that makes any sense to me and their biggest draw is that they play is a crap

division.  

if I were him, I think I’d wait it out -  unless Buffalo or Dallas comes a knocking.  

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

So you think he’ll wait til next year?  Or would rather take a different team?  What other teams do you think he’ll be interested in?

Carolina is the only team (with a current vacancy) that makes any sense to me and their biggest draw is that they play is a crap

division.  

if I were him, I think I’d wait it out -  unless Buffalo or Dallas comes a knocking.  

I think he is going to wait it out. 

• Agree 1

I voted for getting rid of the whole org but I know that will never happen. That said I'm in the camp of getting an offensive minded head coach and there's some out there including our own Frank Reich. There's also Eric Bieniemy, Shane Steichen, Sean Payton, Brian Callahan etc. 

I think the Dorsey hate is a bit extreme. If we are keeping Mcdermott there is no point in running off Dorsey, for what? To hire another OC who may just leave again after 1 or 2 years? There are legit criticisms of Dorsey but the problem is he and Josh both seem to be in love with throwing the ball downfield and for that system to work you need a better OL and 1 or 2 more WRS. The Bills don't have the personal to do what he currently wants. I don't know if Dorsey will budge on his system or if the org will go out and do what needs to be done to better help him.

If anyone is going to get fired it will be Frazier this year and be the fall guy but I don't think Sean has it in him to do that either so I think odds are no one gets fired.

If this is the case I give Sean 1 more year with everyone back and it is Superbowl or bust. If Beane won't fire them all after the season then I give him his walking papers. At the end of the day I don't have a strong feeling that Beane is more devoted to the organization then he is to his buddy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.