We are in HC purgatory

Ethan in Cleveland

10 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Hope the Bills get a running game sooner than when Elway did...

Yet... They lost to the Chicago Bears in week #1. 

I also hope so!

There has only been one perfect team the entire history of the NFL, 72 Dolphins. The 85 Bears lost to Miami in that season. The 2000 Ravens lost to Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Washington.

This season the 49ers also lost to crappy Atlanta & Denver, also KC. It's not what teams do at the start of the season...it's how it ends! 

Anyway, look how the goat QB ended his season. No matter how great a QB is...they need a strong supporting cast. Buffalo needs a strong run game, no question. 

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I also hope so!

There has only been one perfect team the entire history of the NFL, 72 Dolphins. The 85 Bears lost to Miami in that season. The 2000 Ravens lost to Miami, Pittsburgh, Tennessee, Washington.

This season the 49ers also lost to crappy Atlanta & Denver, also KC. It's not what teams do at the start of the season...it's how it ends! 

Anyway, look how the goat QB ended his season. No matter how great a QB is...they need a strong supporting cast. Buffalo needs a strong run game, no question. 

And the perfect season is overrated IMO. Only 14 games and 5 team playoff per conference back then.

Season is much more grueling now.

Miami only had 3 games total with SuperBowl and only 17 games. Bills already played 18. 

It's a myth it was a harder hitting game back then. Players are faster, stronger, and hit harder today. 

20 hours ago, Johnnycage46 said:

We are in early to mid round playoff exit purgatory, while burrow is playing to get to his 2nd SB or Mahomes to his 3rd.  This team is never going to win a SB with McDermott.  Never prepared, always outcoached.

As much as I hate to say it, I think its time to move on.  How many years with Josh Allen as your qb and you miss the SB does one get?  Seriously? In order for us to get better we need to focus on offense, and I dont think Beane and McDermott are capable of that.   Look at our drafts since they been here, its 3 defensive picks per offensive picks in top of the draft.  On top of that most of the picks that were used on defense are failures!  They did that while having Josh Allen as QB to top it all off.  They did great for us coming in, unfortunately I think they have reached their ceiling

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

This! 

The crying and whining from Bills fans is almost getting to biblical proportions. Overreactions while not thinking clearly.

They seem to forget WRex Ryan, Doug Maroon, Chan Gaily, Skeletor and so many others since Marv...so many coaches, QBs, draft picks...and top ten draft picks that went nowhere! 20 years man, 20 years! 

Alas, there is a real reason as to why Daboll is now a HC and Frazier is not. Did he even get any interviews? Coaching does matter! 

OTOH, the Bills have a rookie OC. Can anyone recall how Daboll looked his first season in Buffalo?

Lastly, I look at the 49ers with envious eyes...their run game, defense that help a rookie QB look so good. 

Did you watch the game? And if the answer is yes, are you new to the sport of football? I have to rack my brain to remember a game where I saw a team so unprepared and the contrast in coaching talent was so great.

This administration is damned lucky they aren't coaching in New Jersey or Dallas. After a performance like what we witnessed yesterday they would be starting a job search by Wednesday at the latest.

23 minutes ago, BernieBill said:

Sean Payton is available right now ... you want a Super Bowl, you get him ... you don't, then keep McDermott and watch him mismanage games and lose in the playoffs again.

That guy won ONE SB in 15 years in NO and had a future HoF QB in Drew Brees the entire time. 7 playoff losses, 5 losing seasons. 

McD is better...he went to the playoffs with Tyrod Taylor at QB. 

The Bills were outcoached against the Bengals on both sides of the ball. One guy is a rookie and the other caused the 13 seconds.

The Buffalo Bills currently have one of the very best HC's in the league. Not many could have overcome the adversity this team has endured the last few months. Heart attack on the field. Snow storm that causes the team to play a home game in a different city. The players needed to be dug out to even get to the airport. Snow so bad they couldn't return home.

Injuries to so many players this season. McD should be coach of the year! 

• Agree 2

23 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Peyton was a loser who couldn't win anything with years of stacked New Orleans teams and was responsible for Bountygate. 

Exaclty.  This Sean Peyton nonsense can’t stop soon enough.

We are NOT giving up a first round pick for a HC, never gonna happen.  

And Peyton struggled to even make playoffs a lot of years with Drew Brees slinging for tons of yards.  He is overrated and giving up a first round pick to the saints to sign him is insane

Why no accountability from Sean related to “championship caliber” and not having his team prepared to meet this self described expectation? Why are the media not asking these questions? I’m not saying the guy should be fired but he’s lucky he’s not in the Boston or NY market 

5 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Why?

The entire point of a season is to Win the Super Bowl.

If you don't win it, the only thing you accomplished is lowering your draft choice.

There are 32 teams trying to win it all. 31 fall short. Are you saying if you don't win a Super Bowl why bother? 

It's great to talk about "high standards" but as fans we have no say in what happens, outside of calling WGR and posting at TBD.

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

As opposed to 7-10 and no playoffs? Yes.

No, as opposed to annual AFCC games and Super Bowls, which is what the few franchises lucky enough to have QBs as talented as (or nearly as talented as) Josh Allen regularly achieve.  Even the worst coaches in the history of this franchise couldn’t win less than 8 games with Josh Allen.

19 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

There are 32 teams trying to win it all. 31 fall short. Are you saying if you don't win a Super Bowl why bother? 

I'm saying if you don't win the Super Bowl, you receive the same "nothing" that everyone else got. 

Our 13-3 season had the same prize as the Texans 3-13-1 season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.