We are in HC purgatory

Ethan in Cleveland

We are stuck and there is no way out. Pegula is not going to get rid of Beane and McDermott.  McDermott has done too much for the franchise and the city to be canned. So we will waste another year on Dungy 2.0 only to come up short again. We are now on three years wasted of the best QB play this team has ever had. And nothing to show for it. Next year will be four and the cap situation will only keep getting worse. 

This team needed a teacher and a father figure. Now they need a mercenary assassin. Give Josh Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh and Bills win the SuperBowl next year. 

Its not going to happen so we had just be prepared for another year of this crap. When McDermott says we will learn and grow from this I hope some reporter has the balls to say when do you stop learning and winning instead?

• Like (+1) 11
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 31
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Just now, jamiezzz said:

Won't happen.  I wish it would though.  IMO, Sean is not a game day coach, he's terrible.   Give me Sean Peyton all day long.

Peyton was a loser who couldn't win anything with years of stacked New Orleans teams and was responsible for Bountygate. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, iccrewman112 said:

I give McDermott the option to have 2 new coordinators to start the season or then we part ways.

He needs to realize the defensive concepts need to be updated. Mix zone and man more often and disguises them fare better than we have.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

We are stuck and there is no way out. Pegula is not going to get rid of Beane and McDermott.  McDermott has done too much for the franchise and the city to be canned. So we will waste another year on Dungy 2.0 only to come up short again. We are now on three years wasted of the best QB play this team has ever had. And nothing to show for it. Next year will be four and the cap situation will only keep getting worse. 

This team needed a teacher and a father figure. Now they need a mercenary assassin. Give Josh Sean Payton or Jim Harbaugh and Bills win the SuperBowl next year. 

Its not going to happen so we had just be prepared for another year of this crap. When McDermott says we will learn and grow from this I hope some reporter has the balls to say when do you stop learning and winning instead?

Jim Harbaugh win a Superbowl??????? What parallel dimension are you in? No coach comes up small in big spots more than Jim Harbaugh.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Ironically, we get our butts kicked by Cincinnati, who had to fire a VERY successful head coach to get where they are now.

Do we have another:

USATSI_8890815.jpg

Not even close. Marvin Lewis lost in the first round every year for like 8 or 9 straight years 

McD only lost in the first round his first season.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, iccrewman112 said:

I give McDermott the option to have 2 new coordinators to start the season or then we part ways.

I don’t know if we give him am ultimatum, but this is pretty much what needs to happen.

As bad as our loss was today, this might be the least disappointed I've been with McD at a season end. I thought he did a great job this year. But he has to address the coordinators - we went from having one championship level guy to zero

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.