Diggs vs. Josh: Sideline Disagreement?

Nextmanup

I'm not going to read through this whole thread, but Diggs was hot from the start of the game. He was pissed at Josh for a low throw (that he did catch) on the second drive of the game. Just like in the Green Bay game, I think that the Bengals were talking a lot of trash and it got under his skin. That's why he took the loss so hard; he felt emasculated by Eli Apple.

18 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They (WGR-550 post game show) are talking about Diggs yapping at Josh on the sideline at some point late in the game, and Josh was just standing there ignoring him and not responding.

Anyone see this who was at the game or have more to comment on?

Thats the whole offense there!

3 hours ago, bigduke6 said:

im fine with Diggs acting like that,  showed at least one person on the team was fired up due to that abysmal showing,  that at least one person gave a damn.   ive never watched a game where a team showed like they cared less what was happening.   it felt like the majority of them didnt even want to be there.

what looks bad imo is Josh flat out ignoring Diggs when hes in front of him.   thats troubling.   if theyre so close,  such buddies,  then Josh knows Stefon is emotional,  fiery,  and you at the very least acknowledge him and say,  ya man,  i know,  lets work at it.   just ignoring him??  thats a wedge right there in the making.  especially for a guy like Stefon.

noting them being so close it’s weird you think you know better than Josh there.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

noting them being so close it’s weird you think you know better than Josh there.

Not to mention that emotionally screaming at somebody when you’re frustrated is the opposite of alpha. 

It’s reactionary and loss of control. I commend Josh for staying in control. 

• Like (+1) 2

18 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Maybe Diggs would like to take a crack at LT.  Everyone is frustrated.  Sean failed this team years ago by putting his own selfish defensive needs (failed DE's) over the good of protecting your #1 asset.

Amen.  The light is starting to shine for everyone to see now.  Btw, how great is those DEs we used all those assets on?  Failure

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Diggs has been so close to the Super Bowl his entire career. It's understandable that he's pissed. 

Yes, it is understandable that he’s pissed. 

However, it is not understandable that he’s acting like an immature sophomore.

50 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

It seems like Diggs/Allen were off from the very beginning of the game. 

The 3rd down play where Allen (under pressure) just misses Diggs on a deep throw, Diggs shakes his head "no" a few times and then waves his hand in front of his face. He might've been gesturing for Josh to put more arc on the throw so he could run under it? Might've been saying he lost track of the ball in the snow? The 2nd option seems unlikely to me as Diggs made a good reach towards the ball. 

Then in the 3rd quarter on this play:

1st & 10 at BUF 12

(1:11 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass incomplete deep right to S.Diggs.

Diggs ended his route by cutting to the sideline, but Allen threw it like Diggs was going to cut up the field. After the incompletion Josh chops his arm down in an angular motion a number of times. I'm guessing Diggs ran the wrong route there and that Allen was peeved at him.

Then of course Diggs yells at Allen on the sidelines which Allen completely ignores. 

These 2 guys have had such great chemistry the last 3 years that I'd be pretty surprised if this game damages that, but it is a possibility. 

to be fair, diggs should’ve gone upfield on the one pass instead of tucking right behind the underneath defender creating a much harder pass. Our receivers seem to often create harder lanes. 

then to bark at the guy right after he gets crushed is ridiculous 

there’s good diggs and bad diggs. Yesterday was a glimpse at the bad one. I like the guy, he makes our team better but he was also replaced in Minnesota for a reason.

They should be coming up w/ multiple ways to get Diggs the ball, not just lining him up outside and hoping he beats his man. They are wasting the ***** out of him. Take notes from the 2021 Rams and Cooper Krupp. Good teams scheme up ways to get their best player the ball. Dorsey is a failure. This offense should run like a well oiled machine. They are only good in spurts and lack any type of consistency. I understand his frustration. 

Diggs was double covered on that play.  Josh had already come off of him before he got open.  There is only so much time, especially with this o line.  Josh cant stare him down waiting.  Diggs wears his emotions on his sleeve.  Not a big deal.  He is mad about losing.  I want my whole team to be mad.  The ones that are complacent and dont give a crap are the ones that shouldnt be here.

They need another #1 like receiver that can consistently catch passes.  This will losen the Diggs coverage.

Edited by Scott7975

Let’s see Josh is 6’5 237 and can deadlift nearly 500 lbs…Steff Diggs is 6’0 194…I really commend Josh for not getting up and saying how many times do I throw to you…next time you get in my face and try to make a fool out of me on National Television I’m not tossing footballs  I’m tossing you in the stands 

But I’ll give Steff a pass…if he does it again we have a Minnesota situation on our hands

Edited by 78thealltimegreat

5 minutes ago, Gunsgoodtime said:

So let's get rid of one of the 2 only things McBean got right

Who in the ***** said that?

Because I pointed out Diggs was acting like a baby equates to getting rid of him?

Edited by Beast

28 minutes ago, Mango said:

Diggs is one of the most targeted WR in the league. Sure there are some missed opportunities, but at scale it’s unrealistic to really target him significantly more than we already are. 

He should have stayed with his team post game. Shame on him. 

I've got no problem with him leaving early.

He knows that McDermott was just gonna come out and blah, blah, blah them to death.  He also knows that piss poor coaching is the primary reason that his and Josh Allen's prime years are being wasted before their eyes.

• Disagree 1

I believe Diggs frustration wasn't just in the amount of throws, but the quality of them.  On the TD drive while the game was still in reach, Josh gave him a low pass that he had to go to the ground to catch and Diggs seemed to give a frustrated hand signal to get the ball up after the play was over.  And then Josh gives him a hand signal later on in the game back after they don't connect on a deep pass.  

This is complete conjecture on my part, but Stefon comes completely across like a perfectionist and what his actions during and after the game are saying to me is he feels like others aren't dedicating themselves the way he feels is needed to be the best.  He was on board with an improving Josh (and offense).  If he sees signs of regression while also not feeling like the work is being put in 110%, he's going to act out.  The offense has been sloppy all year even when they have been good and that isn't ever going to be good enough for Stefon's personality.  He just wants everyone to do the work to be better and have that be the outcome, not just talk week after week of needing to be better which is what we heard all year from players and coaches.      

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I've got no problem with him leaving early.

He knows that McDermott was just gonna come out and blah, blah, blah them to death.  He also knows that piss poor coaching is the primary reason that his and Josh Allen's prime years are being wasted before their eyes.

Coaches blew the game but Diggs pulled the pin on a grenade, walked away and left his team/QB to clean up the aftermath. 

7 minutes ago, Mango said:

Not to mention that emotionally screaming at somebody when you’re frustrated is the opposite of alpha. 

It’s reactionary and loss of control. I commend Josh for staying in control. 

And you can't tell me Josh didn't care or wasn't invested in the outcome of the game either...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Believer said:

Life is all about our choices … Diggs has a whole offseason to prepare himself for another run at the SB… He will either rise to the Buffalo Moment… or Quiet Quit like he did in Minnesota… Up to him…

He had 1130 receiving yards in his final season with the Vikings.  That's quitting?

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

They (WGR-550 post game show) are talking about Diggs yapping at Josh on the sideline at some point late in the game, and Josh was just standing there ignoring him and not responding.

Anyone see this who was at the game or have more to comment on?

I love it, only a few guys with a pulse yesterday.  Man I feel bad for that guy, he loves to compete and wants a Ship.... 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Seventeen said:

Diggs is super competitive. Remember him hanging around on the field in KC after the AFCCG ? Dude wants to win - we could use more of them at that level.

They all want to win.  Being juvenile and storming out of the locker room is not a sign of veteran leadership.

• Agree 2

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He had 1130 receiving yards in his final season with the Vikings.  That's quitting?

Stats don’t tell his story. Diggs wanted out of MN. Stayed quiet about it. Played to get traded. Admitted it when he got here.

Guy is a world-class receiver but also a diva. Think McDermott, the coaches, Allen and teammates do their best to help Diggs be team-oriented. Made him a Captain. Still the guy skips out on his coaches and teammates after a bitterly disappointing loss, as if gathering as a leader with the team to absorb the pain collectively wasn’t expected of him (my guess is he knew he would likely act out his personal frustration in the locker room like he did in MN too often, so skipped out to avoid a scene. A teammate hunted him down and coaxed him back). 

Like I said in my earlier post, Diggs has a whole off-season to prepare and recommit himself for a new SB quest with the Bills next season. Imagine he has already apologized to McDermott, Allen, and his teammates. The Buffalo community embraced him and he responded to become part of Buffalo. Up to him now. Just my opinion.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Believer said:

Stats don’t tell his story. Diggs wanted out of MN. Stayed quiet about it. Played to get traded. Admitted it when he got here.

Guy is a world-class receiver but also a diva. Think McDermott, the coaches, Allen and teammates do their best to help Diggs be team-oriented. Made him a Captain. Still the guy skips out on his coaches and teammates after a bitterly disappointing loss, as if gathering as a leader with the team to absorb the pain collectively wasn’t expected of him (my guess is he knew he would likely act out his personal frustration in the locker room like he did in MN too often, so skipped out to avoid a scene. A teammate hunted him down and coaxed him back). 

Like I said in my earlier post, Diggs has a whole off-season to prepare and recommit himself for a new SB quest with the Bills next season. Imagine he has already apologized to McDermott, Allen, and his teammates. The Buffalo community embraced him and he responded to become part of Buffalo. Up to him now. Just my opinion.

This is as delusional as the guy saying Moulds was overrated. 

1 hour ago, Ray Stonada said:

We WANT guys who care as much as Diggs, who have that fire. I don't give a **** if they can be a little abrasive at times.

This is my take. Too many soft asses hanging their heads during that game in that second half. Diggs wasn’t going out with his tail between his legs. He was still playing to win. Can’t say that for everyone on the squad yesterday. Pathetic effort all around.

• Like (+1) 1

I have gone to all this years home game’s including the relocated game in Detroit. Josh’s demeanor changed after the bye week. The relationship between Diggs and Allen appears to have changed shortly after the bye week by my observation,just going off body language/communication on field. Looks like they don’t acknowledge each other anymore. 

3 minutes ago, TD716 said:

I have gone to all this years home game’s including the relocated game in Detroit. Josh’s demeanor changed after the bye week. The relationship between Diggs and Allen appears to have changed shortly after the bye week by my observation,just going off body language/communication on field. Looks like they don’t acknowledge each other anymore. 

This became apparent watching on tv too. There were multiple times where Diggs appeared to make aggressive hand gestures towards Allen only to have Allen appear to blow him off.  Obviously I know nothing about what’s actually going on here, but something did seem to change. Even Josh’s response to the media on Monday didn’t go out of his way to talk about how much he loves diggs (like he did when asked about Dorsey and other guys).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.