Franchise in trouble- Josh Allen has regressed

RoscoeParrish

After all the lip service of the off-season about him being smarter this year, Allen played like he was drunk last night. Just brainless stuff - bailing on pockets early, not running out of bounds, diving for first downs 7 yards away, fumbling twice on the same play, inaccurate passes.  Might’ve been his worst game as a Bill. Somebody needs to sit his ass down and get him straightened out.

Edited by Jukester
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 1/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, dakrider said:

Could Josh Allen play in the 49ers system?  I don't think he would do well in that system and would be too constrained.  But I would like to see the Bills borrow some aspects of that for next year and force Josh to use the players around him more.  Bills absolutely have to improve their running game and make these guys execute better. They will not be successful next year if they cannot do that. 
One thing would be great if Bills OC would put more emphasis on just getting first downs. Make most pass plays 5-15 yards or so and just work on that primarily for the first few games and then open it up more as the season goes.  And along with that also work on getting rid of the ball quicker. When guys aren't open then run or throw it away instead of trying to force something. The biggest mistakes I've seen this year is Josh primarily trying to force plays instead of just throwing it away or taking the short gain and kicking a FG or punting.  

If Josh can’t succeed under Kyle Shanahan, who seems to be the leagues best QB whisperer we are all effed. 

• 2 months later...
6 minutes ago, JimBob2232 said:

its really bizarre.  the fire is gone.  There is something more going on than just what is happening on the field.

Unfortunately I agree.

That fire and energy we saw from Allen in previous years simply isn’t there.

We never see him screaming anymore, signaling first down, trash talking, etc.

13 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

thus was a dumb thread when it was started (especially considering all the team had gone through last season), but seems pretty accurate at this snapshot in time.

Let’s hope he figures it out enough for us to sneak into a Wild Card spot.

I don't think it was dumb. If you look at his play since the Chiefs game last year, Josh hasn't played like a top tier QB. 

We just like to remember the handful of good moments, then ignore the mediocre play & tons of turnovers.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.